Weather on demand :)

. The bar is high ATM, that could be one the reasons why there's no new participants.. Hell, before i even thought of joining, i knew that PrestoGP is one of the hardest leagues in Race series.

It is good to hear the opinion of a new member about the league to understand how they see it from their point of view. Thx Kennet..:)

The bar is high I agree but as is the race enjoyment , it actually is at its best ATM, in regards to the subject that we are isolating ourselves from the rest of the world and that we made it very hard for new members to join us , the way i see it is that through the past seasons we have established for ourselves a unique environment that is based on the solid contribution from each member of the league to the league and the friendly relationship between each member in the league that gave our league that unique touch that you can’t find anywhere else .

I believe we have reached a point where we are in a great sync with each other and with this mod that makes any person who has interest to join us facing a greater challenge to adapt quickly to this environment unless this person takes a serious step and willingly accept the challenge to attend all the races , understand , accept and implement all the rules and to be safe and competitive at the same time , few people found to be that serious to be up to the challenge but that is the type of members that we are after and here we have the like of Kennet , Marko and Jonas , i see them as Presto champions , they could in a short time break through the barriers and adapt to the system that took us years to create, well-done guys your contribution to the league is highly appreciated :) ..

Some other members could not stay for various reasons, they were very happy to stay but did not find the time to be loyal to the league, but some of them in my opinion they could not stay because they found these challenges a bit tough to deal with for a longer period , the challenges they faced were taking over the excitement and the fun , and were killing the motivation and made it hard for them to establish a good ground to take off , so they preferred to withdraw , but on the other hand , if we are enjoying the races recently is because of all those rules that PrestoGP has created and implemented through the years and the commitment of the league members to those rules to make our races at the maximum of fun , that is what we are here for after all right?

I believe the system is fantastic and proved to be working perfectly, the racing experience is great, the safety on track is at its best, so what is missing then? ..

In my honest opinion, we need to reset the racing standards, what I mean by that is that we are now almost experts with this current mod and the people from outside are finding it hard to join us ,even the internal members can sometimes find it hard to participate if they do not do enough practice with this mod, we need to get the field closer on track and we need to find a mod that provide us the same excitement and the enjoyment of the racing that we are all after without taking too much time of our private life to do all the necessary preparations to be safe and competitive on track , we need to keep the system as is but we just need to change to a simpler mod.

we are all moving towards a busier life style, I moved to a new restaurant and i barely have time to see my family, and i believe any one of you has some sort of commitment that keeps him busy for most of the time , Tim is married now and I guess has less time than before to practice , Reik the same has a new baby to look after , some others have work or other commitments etc.. As Tim mentioned, we need to find a solution, something different to suite the life style of all of us, I suggest something to be between the F1 and F3000 that is popular amongst the mods to attract new members but definitely to be an open wheel, at the same time that is not too complicated to drive but still provide that challenge and the excitement that we are all after..

At the end of the day no one can beat talent, we will always have aliens in any mod we race, the only way a person can enjoy a race is by accepting and appreciating the gifts he has got and enjoy every single moment on track regardless his position in the race ..

Sorry for this long story, I could not help throwing in my thoughts:) ..

Anthony

i was leaning towards tims idea of rfactor2 to be the game we would move to but with no sign of it coming out of beta yet we wont be using it for a while anyhoo, to be totally honest i couldnt see myself move to another mod in race07 as the speed of the mmg mod makes any other car pretty rubbish to me personally, i love driving on the edge and we get that with this mod, to go back to f3000 or even worse the formula race room or something just wouldnt be ideal at all, weve all learned to cope with f1 speeds and i couldnt go back to listening to the droneing sound of a 12000rpm engine.

id throw rfactor into the suggestion box, theres alot of great mods out for it and is a well established game that most of us will have or can get very cheaply, one mod i remember i loved on rfactor was fsone2008/9, it felt great and id have loved for us to use something like that as the format of racing in rfactor is much more realistic with formation laps and pits, it could even be used as a stop gap until rfactor2 is released, theres also still a huge number of people playing rfactor and it could open the possibility of new members who knows.

even if we stay with this mod and race07 for the time being im fine with that, i still enjoy the game itself, the mod and the time spent practising, ive been an ever present since i started with prestogp so whatever road is taken ill follow......unless we switch to f1 2012 by codemasters or something stupid....

On the weather im happy with whatever everybody decides :)

I see future is with rf2 or possiblily gtr3 but think the weather and track conditions changes and tire model with locking/flatspots in rf2 will prove to be really good in our races and will probably lead to some amazing races and hopefully diff stratagys etc to:) .
As for next season or 2 id be happy using this mod or as David said maybe rf1 ? it will be cheap option or most already have it and alot of mods etc tracks aswell, i think everyone would take change to rf pretty easy. I know i was thinking of getting used to rf before rf2 come out was reason i did the rdfpc league last time here on racedept it was with fsone2009 mclaren i think, having never really played rf before i found it quite easy to drive the car with very little practise as it was same time as presto to majority of my practise was for presto and i would download a setup for the fsone mod and track and have a few hours practise for each race i wasnt fastest but sometimes was not far off the pace and had some great close racing, i think rf seems easier when at higher speeds to be as close in race. I think i only had 2 dnfs 1 a big crash and other i tried to rejoin in q and couldnt get back on :(. We would also then get used to simaler controls for server, pits and formation laps that would then transfer to rf2 etc and im sure we wld have just as much fun racing closely with rf as we do with race07 .
Id be happy with whatever eveyone agrees to for next seasons and in the further future alsongs as we all racing someone on the track irrelevent of position we will still be having great times online:D
Maybe David can put up server with rf n fsones for us to try in off season or that i know he did before when i practised for the Rdfpc league, also check youtube and some guys did the highlights of the races etc with commentry they are pretty cool and will give good example of the close racing etc

even if we stay with this mod and race07 for the time being im fine with that, i still enjoy the game itself, the mod and the time spent practising, ive been an ever present since i started with prestogp so whatever road is taken ill follow......unless we switch to f1 2012 by codemasters or something stupid....

Same here David, i am still enjoying this mod , it is a fantastic mod actually and we are used to it now and we have many setups to suit all tracks so ATM a couple of stints is more than enough for me to be ready for the race , i am fine if we stay here for another season or so but if we look at the big picture and to answer the point that Nico rised in his post it is clear that this mod is getting old and less attractive for people from the outside so the longer we stay here the less chance that the number of presto will grow , the online server is almost empty for most of the time , except for couple of people here and there spinning their cars with no interest in joining a league , the idea is to move to something maybe more attractive for us and for new comers?!.

I have got rf1 and rf2 but i have no idea what mods out there that are close to mmg f1 , i only tried fsone 2009 once before and i like it a lot but i do not know about the other rf mods.

we are not in a hurry I believe so let the experts of PrestoGP start looking around for something to consider in the future ..
It is good to follow the trend and be in a modern F1 car after all ::) ... minimum rev 18000 and above :p

Acctually I wasn't thinking that the solution was to switch mod, I would prefere to stay with it until we make a permanent move to a platform we believe will serve us for several years in the future.

I do believe that we could grow in numbers with the current mod on the current platform. But I do think we need to do something to let people know about us and what we offer.

The fact that we have stayed so long with the same mod and platform I see as a strength, like Anthony sais, he can now deliver a great race contribution with only a couple of stints as preperations. The less preperations needed for competing in our league the better it is :)

This thread has gone very off-topic, maybe a new one is needed? I met someone yesterday when practicing online, he was very interested but the sill-level really seemed to stun him.. No wonder, he thought i was doing great times but when i had stated that i'm the slowest one in the league, well his reaction was the same as mine when i first tried out a few laps (too bad his online setups weren't working, i'll bet he would've gotten one or two seconds off, being in the same pace as me..)...That's one thing the "others" are missing, the MMG default setup is not at same level than where the setups have evolved here.

I'm not particularly alarmed yet, just two-three drivers more would be great.. publicity is one key, how can we advertise? First thing that comes to mind is promo videos shared in facebook and twitter.. Maybe RD could promote the next season, we could post some laptimes and create a challenge.. Prices and sponsors maybe? It's not that hard to get SimBin to sponsor but then it would need to be their original content and formula RR is not really worthy of promoting...

EDIT: About remodding: now that the views are multiplied i think it's not worth to do it. Not many has the original and then it would be even fewer that would have the remod.. rF is not out of question, it's basically the same game. I've also tried FSOnes and various other mods and have no real complain about them.. They could easily be used and in rF there is a lot stronger support and demand for open-wheelers. In Race series open wheel drivers are a minority. It's still WTCC and GT game. One of the reason for it is we have only ONE good LEGAL F1 mod. 1. uno. That's really poor... The mod is great, no doubt but it's still the only one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back