PC1 Weather in career is scripted?!

not sure....... its the bimbo of the racing games

Prettiest thing in the world...... thick as crap vo.....

again sim basics have been missed, wet weather not utilised or properly tested.. AI who seem like drunk adolescence on the road, too many cars and tracks to really get into mastering anything, and very forgiving car handling... not to mention the ffb which is the worst in the sim industry, the patch even made that worse.

but it does look darn good, sorry guys not what im looking for in a sim.. yes my was a sucked in with the hype..

Well donAt least their marketing team know what there doing... j/k/

Dam i wanted this to be good, think of that a great sim with visuals to match... oh dear back to rf2 and gsc then.

I bet you go back to Pcars within a month. I'd put money on it. Infact I bet you will be back on Pcars by the end of next week. ;)

To be honest I don't know what they fixed but since the update I can't use the game for more than half an hour. Constant crashes to desktop. It was fine for me before the update. The AI seem the same to me, no difference. Haven't been able to do a MP race yet her at the Club. Replays constantly crash to desktop too. :rolleyes: Back to AC and GSCE for me I think. I might even buy Dirt Rally for a change of scenery.

:roflmao:

After re-validating today and doing much testing, the game is far more stable now. Really enjoyed a race in changeable conditions at Monza earlier using real weather. Didn't think it would be raining at Monza today.
Loved it. Great feedback. not bad AI. I think 1.4 has worked a bit.
2015-06-14_00005_zps2lfponkh.jpg

2015-06-14_00006_zpsa8wkkmpe.jpg

2015-06-14_00004_zpsxfv4xwge.jpg
You may well laogh

While you are scouring for my posts and multi quoting and having a laugh, you might as well fit this one in too. :rolleyes:
I keep at it, I test and re-install things until I get them to work. I then play the games. You should try it.;)

not sure....... its the bimbo of the racing games

Prettiest thing in the world...... thick as crap vo.....

wet weather not utilised or properly tested.. ... not to mention the ffb which is the worst in the sim industry, the patch even made that worse.

Hey Dan, maybe you can go back to the race sims that do wet weather and changeable conditions instead. Let us know which ones are better will ya. ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What am I doing? :confused: Ian Bell will think I have had a brain transplant. Can't be defending Pcars surely? I'll be getting a christmas card off him if I keep on doing this. :laugh:

I hadn't really looked out for this before, I was more worried about the aggressive AI (pre-patch), until this weekend in Formula B @ Imola. It really breaks the immersion and reminds me too much of Codemasters F1 20xx series and the weather system in that series of games.

Tyres set to automatic by weather :-

Race 1/ Standard pit stop at 50% one lap after most AI, slick tyres. Rain starts near 75%, do 1.5 laps on slicks, enter pits (most AI doing the same). Pit crew give me slicks again (dumb), spin-off 1st corner.

Race 2 (re-run)/
Create wet strategy, determined to select it if it rains. Standard pit stop at 50% slick tyres. Rain starts at 75%, carry on for one lap or so, enter pits. I'm in pit box 1, the pit menu opens and almost immediately disappears, before I can select strategy, I can't get pit menu back up (ESC menu doesn't help). Leave pits on slicks, race over.

Race 3 (re-run)/ Pre-select the wet pit strategy. Stay out until rain starts at 75%, pit and get wet tyres. Win race because AI have pitted twice to my once.

One thing Codemasters did get right, and that is a 'Quick Menu' where you can select your tyres prior to entering the pits if you wish to change your tyre strategy.

The pit menu needs more flexibility, unless I've missed another method of bringing it up at any time?

Introduce some randomness to the weather system, because the current method just doesn't cut it. When I re-ran that race above, I should have been surprised by the rain starting at 20%, or 45%, any number you can think off, just not @ 75% every time

Side note - The AI seem better behaved, but that's based on one race only

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Hey Dan, maybe you can go back to the race sims that do wet weather and changeable conditions instead. Let us know which ones are better will ya. ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What am I doing? :confused: Ian Bell will think I have had a brain transplant. Can't be defending Pcars surely? I'll be getting a christmas card off him if I keep on doing this. :laugh:

LOL RFACTOR 2 hehe :)

You may well laogh

While you are scouring for my posts and multi quoting and having a laugh, you might as well fit this one in too. :rolleyes:
I keep at it, I test and re-install things until I get them to work. I then play the games. You should try it.;)

I couldn't resist when I saw you criticizing Dan for making a post almost identical to a post from you that I had just read a few minutes ago. ;)

Trust me, I've done plenty of testing and experimenting with this game, but so far I haven't made any threats to quit it and only play other games. Well, not publicly anyway. :roflmao:

I think it's personal taste. I like weather to be unpredictable. If you're doing season after season in the Endurance series and you know that it'll start to rain at lap X beforehand it takes a lot of the immersion away. Again, this is subjective

Flip side of that argument is that if the weather was always random and if you don't like to race in the rain for example, you could just exit the race and do it again until you get the weather you wanted every time.

I think it's personal taste. I like weather to be unpredictable. If you're doing season after season in the Endurance series and you know that it'll start to rain at lap X beforehand it takes a lot of the immersion away. Again, this is subjective

There are some who like the scripted weather, and some that do not. I don't believe there is a right or wrong approach to this as you can never please everyone. IMO it would be bad to have drivers just keep restarting a race to get their desired weather. I haven't really done much with career but from what I've read, I do think there is a little too much rain in the career races.

What would be a good alternative would be to be able to create user made championships. Hopefully that is something that will be included a little later.

In career, at the same track, using the same car class, you always get the same weather starting on the same lap.

Now I know that at Imola in a career race using Formula B, I am always going to get rain 75% through the race. Not a clear race this time, not light rain on lap 7 but clearing on lap 10 this time, not rain at 40% continuing for the rest of the race, but always rain @ approximately 75% race distance. Where's the jeopardy? Where is the rapid decision making? Where's the pressure? Therefore where's the immersion?

Who's going to go for this Steam achievement now? :rolleyes: :p

Defending Champ -
Defended a Career Championship for three consecutive years

..... used to make a point, I don't actually care about Steam achievements, but some do I suppose

Last edited:
Where's the jeopardy? Where is the rapid decision making? Where's the pressure? Therefore where's the immersion?

Well, in a real racing career you do each race one time and don't know if/when/where the rain is going to happen, you don't get to keep restarting which allows you to figure out when the weather comes. If we approach the career mode as if it's real-life and don't keep restarting/re-doing the races (and don't search forums to find out if/when the rain comes) then it does run pretty much like real-life, with jeopardy, rapid decision making, pressure, and plenty of immersion. Yeah, it's scripted in but if you don't read the script ahead of time or keep restarting the race then you won't know when the rain is coming.

Personally, I'd rather have truly random weather or some kind of option to adjust/control the weather based on our preferences. But I don't see anything especially heinous about scripted weather, it's still way better than no weather at all (looking at you Kunos :O_o: ).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%