Weather feedback for Daniel

As Daniel is using the last two races to experiment a bit, I am sure he is interested in some feedback and thoughts from the drivers.

But before I do that, I would like to say thank you very much to Daniel again, after all, that is all the reward you get for your very generous services you provide us with :) And now you have been providing us with changeable weather for almost... 3 seasons?

This is what I am thinking:
I think I never want to know the exact weather that is comming, mainly because I do not want people 8inkluding myself) to practice a replica of the race.

However, I know that the different weather types can greatly affect the sum of pleasureness on the track, so it is worth considering alternative ways to make the race experience optimal.

The Hungaroring race was for me a handful. I did not get to practice much on wet after the last weather forecast due to work comitments. In addition Hungaroring is a tricky track in the dry, in the wet it was a big challenge.

A full wet race I think would work better on easier tracks where there is good passing opportunities.

Also, I know many members long for a race with changeable conditions, e.g. that it starts dry but at some time it starts to rain.

I know there is a little contradiction between random natural weather and spesific desires.....

The weather forecasts are excellent. Never quite know from reading the "tea leaves" whether there is going to be any rain to worry about or not. Maybe in the next sim we will get wind, speed, gust, direction to affect the cars. :)

Hungaroring was a handfull, but I reckon Interlagos would have been similarly tricky to manage.

Spa could usually benefit from a sprinkle..

Must add that I was very impressed with driving standard on display in those opening laps at Hungary. :cool:

Thank you Daniel, the weather forecast for Hungary was great, it was very tricky driving this track on wet, i kept looking at the telemetry on my second screen the entire race to see what was happening with the wetness, it started 50- 55% wet, then lap 16 onwards i felt the track was a bit more slippery so i checked the telemetry and i saw the wetness was up to 60 % or so , i was on inter and was worried that i needed to pit for wet tires but then it went back to 55 %or so.

i beleive we were actually lucky the weather did not change from wet to dry as it was almost impossible to move the fingers of the steering to change the strategy on the menu on this twisty track.

nice job Dan :)

I'm very happy with the weather we got in Hungary. I was hoping for a drying track, my favorite sort of condition. My poorly worked out strategy was wrong for the conditions but I only got myself to blame for that. I didn't have the energy and time to make a lot of different pre-sets. Thanks for the fun Daniel!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%