Weather condition - Rain, water puddles ?

Hi. There is any official info about normal weather condition ? Or maybe something about night daytime ? 2016 will come soon so hope one of this will happen in nearest future.

P. S. 2 extra questions.

1) Why Kuno don't think about backfire texture update ? They looks horrible.
2) No way to work with drift pack DLC after 1.3 update ? :( Or maybe release AE86 for free ?

Last edited:
Greg Latty
As far as I know, there are no plans for rain or night racing.

Sadly it looks like this. Forget to ask why it's not possible to edit “Double-sided” objects in this game engine ? Will be good if one of devs said any information about this subject. I read Race Track Builder post and really interested why AC don't support this function.

a306eaeec275.jpg

definitely no night racing and also no weather ... they would have to rewrite engine for that as current one supports only one source of light (which is now sun) .. so technically staticaly iluminated circuits without head lights on cars are possible but not gonna happend as original content ..

definitely no night racing and also no weather ... they would have to rewrite engine for that as current one supports only one source of light (which is now sun) .. so technically staticaly iluminated circuits without head lights on cars are possible but not gonna happend as original content ..
Very true. You can toggle headlights of your car but you wont see beams of light, not even under heavy clouds/fog at 18:00 time

Shadows work badly on thin objects, would work at maximum badness on double sided faces. So no default content will ever use it, thus no motivation to add it to the engine. Duplicating faces for eg. X-trees is just done when they make the models, and only if both sides are actually visible from the track. Not really much to explain beyond that, the game is being built to support their own content, not arbitrary XPacks.

Here's what I wrote, in verbatim on the discussion of this very topic over in the AC forum:

I'm glad there's no rain in AC.

First of all, let's take the track grip level into consideration. I don't know exactly how the grip level works when it goes from a green track to a rubbered in hotlap track in game, but is it rubbered in on the racing line, or is it rubbered in on the WHOLE track. If the former, are there marbles offline?

So let's say we have a track that has the line rubbered in, no marbles and you have rain; what is the drop in coefficient of grip on the racing line vs the wide line? Because it is almost guaranteed now that the water ON the rubbered line will be the slippier line; but how much is the decrease in grip. Gotta factor that in. How much do they drop the grip vs how much moisture is coming down? Gotta model that in. What happens to the tires as the track goes from wet to damp to semi dry? Gotta model that in.

When you bring rain into the equation, it's not just modelling the water for the eye candy, it's modelling the entire interaction between asphalt, paint (because the kerbs will react diferently with water on the paint vs when it was dry), water on rubbered track and tire-rubber. That's adding 4 things into the equation. Assuming you have a simplistic model of 3 scenarios (33% saturation, 66% saturation, 100% saturation) you're looking at 4^3 64 additional situations into the mix. It's simplified because it'll be more than 4^3, as iin the case of 33% and under, the dry tire scenario will also come into play and between 33% to 66%, the inters alone will be a headache if that tire is offered.

I can see why they wont' do it, because to do it right will be a huge undertaking; and if you want it half assed, there's always project cars.

Very true. You can toggle headlights of your car but you wont see beams of light, not even under heavy clouds/fog at 18:00 time
Well it is from Lord Kunos himself, not from my head, so i guess it is as close to truth as possible :) but my guess is that they will use multiple light sources in AC2 engine as night racing is annoyingly frequent question in AC community :)

I think the problem with rain was they put a lot of effort into it in NKPro and nobody really used it. It's a bit of a gimmick feature in that we like to try it out but spend the vast majority of our time ignoring it.

What I would like to see instead is marbles. It would be a good addition to dry racing.

How you like the updated spectators on Barcelona? I think they give more presence than the older models. I think Spa also has the updated spectators like Barcelona.
They are better than some of the other tracks but still way behind in comparison to the crowds in project cars. The mod 1988 tracks have better crowds than the kunos originals. I would like to see a more quality better shaded crowds, not essential but they do add to the atmosphere. It almost feels like you've broken in to the circuit to have a go whilst nobody is around at the moment. Especially Silverstone and monza. Those circuits should be packed full and buzzing.

There will never be rain in Assetto Corsa. Well not whilst there is a cardboard crowd in the stands. They'll all turn to mush.

:):D:laugh::roflmao: That's freaking hilarious!!

It almost feels like you've broken in to the circuit to have a go whilst nobody is around at the moment. Especially Silverstone and monza. Those circuits should be packed full and buzzing.

I feel the same way, for me it really detracts from the experience and makes you feel more like you're at a private track day than a proper motorsports event. This is one of the things I really like about R3E, the crowds are alive and the atmosphere is exciting, really gets me pumped up for the race. Just my opinion, I could see why some people would want to turn them off, but I'm a big fan of big/active crowds at the tracks.

Honestly, sometimes when you're concentrating on extracting performance, and being as consistent as possible I rarely ever look at the surroundings other than to judge braking markers. Having said that, a progression of track side objects/spectators as the race weekend goes on would be a nice addition.

Although for some combos like E30s on Spa having a packed house would look sorta hilarious :D.

But I'm not in favour of overdone objects ala PCars and NFS style useless flying banners and flags, horns going off etc. Depends what Kunos deems appropriate, I'm fine with what we have although a bit more couldnt hurt too much.

No, I'm not interested in banners, flags or crowd animations, just a high detail static crowd which is full and busy looking. Definately no need for speed gimmicks like the same plane going over, camera flashes and horns.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%