Weather changes

R

Rocco Uder

• Rocco Uder

Hey guys,

i drove some races in the meantime (even though im still a noob), but one thing i noticed is that the weather is always dry and doesnt change during a race event. There seem to be no weather changes at all, no moving cluds etc. I thought GTR Evo simulates random weather?

If the server you drive on has the weather settings on changeable it can change during sessions and races.
Agree that most of the servers run just dry weather unfortunately. But it does change i can tell out of experience, sometimes for hot and dry to monsoon rain :D

Not noticed yet, give it a try.

One thing is for sure, even changeable gives a nice loss of FPS.

Tried MACUA, with dry or changeable, difference of around 25FPS and it was not even raining :D

Bram can you PM me your settings, graphic settings and so on...like to know, 260GTX ...THANKS my friend :p

Hans.

• Chris Noble

Well I too have yet to experience "Changable" weather!

Had 5 x 1 hour mini races with "Chanagable" weather and so far it rained constantly in 1 race for the whole hour and rained in the qualifying session.

the other 4 races were bone dry in all sessions.

• Mikkow

I've seen the weather change from event to event (practice to qualifying, to race, etc). Moreover, the ground is usually still a bit wet even if it stopped raining before a race. I don't remember if it actually dried up or not, but I noticed seeing the dark raincloud sky clear up whilst driving.

i had a race last week , 2and quali and practice where all completely rdy , then when race start , it was suddenly really wet.

But i saw no drops or something so at first i did not know what was happenening i just did not seem to get traktion , then i saw the spray and realized i had started racing in a sweimming pool on slicks , but the competition aslo did not check on the weather cause we where all sliding all over the place , was pretty funny , what was less funny was that i had not yet set the buttons for pit/lcd control ... :S

• jbraslins

Does anyone know what exactly each weather setting does on the dedicated server setup?

It goes from DRY, 10%, 20% ..... 80%, 90%, CHANGABLE

Richard, maybe that was the server that has Nurburgring GP. It has quali dry and race always wet. GT cars.

Its about who has the guts to drive fast. :) Experience seems to drop many seconds off your wet laptimes.. really hard to judge how late you can brake in wet conditions.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 72 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 77 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.9%