GT5 Weather and day/night races coming to GT5?

This web-site seems to think so. A french site interviewed Kazunori Yamauchi and revealed the news but it was quickly debunked by another site only to be supported by the one linked above...

Some nice new bits of information which has apparently been held back by an embargo are that the European release date is March 2010 and there will be day and night races as well as weather effects and things like tyre wear modelled. The list is as follows:
  • European Release Date: March 2010 near / announcement imminent
  • Race day ... and night
  • Back to racing in the rain​
  • Tire wear: refining loss of adhesion​
  • A garage of 950 vehicles​
  • 20 locations around the world​
  • 70 variations of circuits​
  • New vehicle physics​
  • Damage by deformation of each parts of the car ... depending on the speed and direction of impact​
  • Upload his replay on YouTube
  • PSP GT + Exports Enhanced TV videos from the PS3 to the PSP​
  • From the day of launch: the possibility to upload hundreds of vehicles obtained in the GT on PSP ... to Gran Turismo 5
I'm planning on getting GT PSP so the last point is interesting if this list is true.​

They did say very soon after the Japanese release, so late March, early April is realistic. An interview I read at GTPlent with Kaz, Kaz said that they could implement day/night and other weather but they basically said it's not priority at the moment. Nice to know they can though :)

The damage better be improved, because if all they had was what we saw last time, I'm not sure why they bothered... TOCA 3, for example, already did it much better. Of course, if all of what they said is actually coming, this will be very, very awesome... let's just hope it's not another GT2...

I'm quite impressed with the performance Polyphony has squeezed out of the PSP version of GT. PSP Go users can use a Bluetooth PS3 controller to play which would make it a little easier to handle than the small PSP analogue or D-pad.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc1SK00qKFk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 374 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing