Weak ffb.

• Thread starter Deleted member 855537
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 855537

• Deleted member 855537

The ffb is very weak and lack details especially the wheel lock which i can't feel at all , if i crank up the ffb multiplier to 1.50 it is still weak and maybe 20% of the force compared to the other sims like AC, Raceroom and AMS, well actual every thing else. So why is it weak on my gear when others have the opposite problems that cause clipping?

I assume you're talking about the G920 wheel you have in your signature? Have you checked that the Logitech software doesn't use some weird settings for the wheel? Have you tried a new clean user profile in rF2? Have you tried reloading the G920 profile in-game?

Also, when it comes to the FFB multiplier mentioned, what car(s) are we talking about? With the latest S397, 1.5 will absolutely give you a lot of clipping (which isn't necessarily the same as strong FFB, mind you, you can get clipping even with weak FFB), the "safe" values are more like 0.75 or even lower.

• Deleted member 855537

I have reinstalled RF2 also deleted the user folder and let steam fix it. It is almost the same for every car, i have tried going under 1.00 down to nearly 0 and the lower the value is the weaker it gets. The Logitech software is set to the recommended setting that is given by almost every forum. I also did try to mod the controller file by increasing the values for the braking but i did not notice any difference.

There is ffb present but only like hitting apex, bumps and so on, but important feedback like braking is not there at all. I have installed the ffb pluginf for the fanatec pedals and it works kind of but the ffb on the pedals is more a gimmick then it is useful. So the bottom line is that not feeling when i lock the wheels under braking hurts my driving a lot.

If i left something out just ask and i will try to answer as good as i can, thanks.

How does the "Controls" setting page look within the controller settings page?

I'm wondering if something is off with the speed sensitivity setting or maybe there is a driving aid enabled without you knowing.

Also, how do your Logitech software settings look?

• Deleted member 855537

You mean this?

screenshoot.jpg

• Deleted member 855537

I believe @EsxPaul means in-game too.
There are not many options to choose from there.

Force Feedback type: Wheel
Force Feedback Smoothing: 1 (Have also tried from 0-3)
Car Specific ffb multi: 1.00 (Have tried everything from 0 - 2.00)
FFB Minimum Torque: 0,5% (Also tried from 0 to higher)

I wish there was more options to choose from so you could increase or decrease specific details in the ffb.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are not many options to choose from there.

Force Feedback type: Wheel
Force Feedback Smoothing: 1 (Have also tried from 0-3)
Car Specific ffb multi: 1.00 (Have tried everything from 0 - 2.00)
FFB Minimum Torque: 0,5% (Also tried from 0 to higher)

I wish there was more options to choose from so you could increase or decrease specific details in the ffb.

The Logitech options look ok to me. Just as a long shot, have you tried switching to the default profile to see if there is any difference with the rF2 one you currently have selected?

Also, the in game settings I was referring to earlier were these ones

05 Controls Settings.jpg

There's not much FFB for braking in rF2. You might be looking for something that simply isn't there.

Also, again...have you tried reloading the default G920 preset?

And minimum torque at 0.5 % may be pretty low for a Logitech Gxxx wheel AFAIK. I believe people generally set that at around 8 % or even higher. But I never had those wheels, so I can't comment on that much. (But I'm using more than 0.5 % even on a T300.)

• Deleted member 855537

There's not much FFB for braking in rF2. You might be looking for something that simply isn't there.

Also, again...have you tried reloading the default G920 preset?

And minimum torque at 0.5 % may be pretty low for a Logitech Gxxx wheel AFAIK. I believe people generally set that at around 8 % or even higher. But I never had those wheels, so I can't comment on that much. (But I'm using more than 0.5 % even on a T300.)
Yes i have reloaded the default g920. If there are no feedback on the brakes i can't drive this sim, it is the most important one.

I would always run my G29 at 15% for minimum FFB force otherwise it was really dead in the centre.

This doesn't help the op in any way but I can definitely feel a change in FFB when braking now I'm using a DD which I definitely couldn't when I used the G29

• Deleted member 855537

I would always run my G29 at 15% for minimum FFB force otherwise it was really dead in the centre.

This doesn't help the op in any way but I can definitely feel a change in FFB when braking now I'm using a DD which I definitely couldn't when I used the G29
I'll crank it up to 15%. I can drive old cars with bad brakes, but modern cars is hard without that ffb. So i just have to race classics then until i get the DD :)

I'll crank it up to 15%. I can drive old cars with bad brakes, but modern cars is hard without that ffb. So i just have to race classics then until i get the DD :)

Something is definitely off for you not to be getting any much over 20% of the force you feel in other games. Can you recheck to see if you have any steering assists enabled? I believe they can be switched on and off via the F keys.

I once had them enabled by mistake and they threw off my degrees of rotation. I'm not too sure any of them can effect the steering force but it might be worth cycling them on and off to see if you feel a difference. Apart from that I'm out of ideas.

• Deleted member 855537

I have checked that all assist are off. I have no idea either but i have found others with the same problem.

Another long shot... Can you check to make sure the default profile is the one that's actually being selected and not overridden by another profile

upload_2018-4-22_11-33-3.png

Just to make sure I understand you, are you feeling that the overall FFB strength is only 20% of what you feel in other games or is the weakness only felt under braking?

You're not feeling that the FFB forces are reversed either?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years