Weak ffb.

• Thread starter Deleted member 855537
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 855537

• Deleted member 855537

The ffb is very weak and lack details especially the wheel lock which i can't feel at all , if i crank up the ffb multiplier to 1.50 it is still weak and maybe 20% of the force compared to the other sims like AC, Raceroom and AMS, well actual every thing else. So why is it weak on my gear when others have the opposite problems that cause clipping?

• Deleted member 855537

It uses the right profile and they are the same anyway as there are not much to adjust there. By modern cars i mean the ones that you can lock up easy like the McLaren Senna. Here is a thread with the same problem.

It uses the right profile and they are the same anyway as there are not much to adjust there. By modern cars i mean the ones that you can lock up easy like the McLaren Senna. Here is a thread with the same problem.

Have you tried the suggested file edit in the last post of the thread you linked?

"Try setting "Brake effects on steer axis" to 1 in the \rFactor2\Userdata\Controller\*.json file which corresponds to the wheel you are using."

• Deleted member 855537

Have you tried the suggested file edit in the last post of the thread you linked?

"Try setting "Brake effects on steer axis" to 1 in the \rFactor2\Userdata\Controller\*.json file which corresponds to the wheel you are using."
Yes and it makes no difference.

(Aren't those settings long deprecated?)

Could well be. It's been many months since I touched rF2 and I'm just trying to remember things I had tried in the past.

I'm still not 100% clear on the overall problem that @Rolf Berge is experiencing to be honest. I know that whilst braking, the ffb isn't giving the feedback that he would like but I also had the impression that the ffb strength in general was only around 20% of what would be expected?

• Deleted member 855537

It's just i can't feel when the brakes lock up, nothing more complex. When i set the ffb strength to 1.00 it is very weak and last night i did drive around Northsleife with just two fingers on the wheel.

It's just i can't feel when the brakes lock up, nothing more complex. When i set the ffb strength to 1.00 it is very weak and last night i did drive around Northsleife with just two fingers on the wheel.

Ok, understood. When I think back, my G29 wouldn't exactly be able to rip the wheel out of my hands but I certainly would need more than 2 fingers to hold onto it.

Sorry I haven't been of much help in finding out what this might be.

Have you tried explaining your issue over at the official rF2 forum? I would think there are a lot of guys over there that have a very knowledgeable grasp of what might be needed to get it feeling right for you.

• Deleted member 855537

Ok got it to work a lot better, still missing that tire scrubbing effect but other feedback's are enhanced so i can work around it. Did "borrow" some values from a modified T500 file and tweaked them to my liking. Did increase the minimum torque to 20% and ffb to 1.30. Going to tweak some more to see how good i can get it. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.1%