Weak and dull force feedback in iRacing

Hi all.
First of all, I would like to say that I'm trying to start any flame/fanboy war here. I play all kind of driving games/simulator, and don't really have any favorites. They all have their good and bad sides.

I was also not sure if I should have posted this in the iRacing part of the forum, or the hardware part, so feel free to move it if I posted in the wrong place.

Anyways, one thing I really enjoy when I play Assetto Corsa, is the force feedback, and the feeling in the steering wheel this game gives me.

I have not been able to get the same feeling in iRacing, despite my best attempts. The force feedback just feels weak and dull, and I don't really feel anything of the road textures. It's just very little and uninteresting feedback in the wheel, basically.

Anyone that has any tips on how I can approve this, and maybe get closer to the feeling I get in Assetto Corsa? Any suggested settings, changes I can make?

I currently use the following Fanatec gear;

- ClubSport Pedal V2 (CSP V2)
- ClubSport Wheel Base EU (CSW B EU)
- ClubSport steering wheel GT Xbox One EU (CSW RGTX)
- ClubSport Shifter SQ EU (CSS SQ)
- ClubSport Handbrake EU (CS HB)

Below you can find my settings;

- Fanatec Wheel Properties;
aFc4NG11.jpeg

- In game settings;
ZzYvUFZh.jpeg

Please note that I was not aware of the concept of "clipping" until recently. I have tried lowering the FFB to between 8 and 10, (no clipping) afterwards, but I'm still not satisfied with the FFB.

- I have experimented with various settings on the wheel itself.
Originally I used this, (this is the same settings I use for Assetto Corsa, by the way);

Sen: Aut
FF: 100
Sho: Off
Abs: 75
Lin: Off
Dea: Off
Dri: Off
For: 100
Spr: Off
Dpr: Off

After some Googling, I started using these settings. Not 100 % sure, but things might have approved a bit with these. Not nearly enough though. Sill have a hard time feeling anything when driving over curbs for example, ("Sho" is the only setting I changed).

Sen: Aut
FF: 100
Sho: 100
Abs: 75
Lin: Off
Dea: Off
Dri: Off
For: 100
Spr: Off
Dpr: Off

I also attached my app.ini file in the post, if you want to take a look at it.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been covered multiple times before.

Attachments

• app.ini
    21.3 KB · Views: 547
I'm no expert but I have similar gear to yours and find the FFB in iRacing pretty good. It isn't as strong as AC but pretty good. Things that are different for me:

Driver Settings:
Sensitivity set to 900 or Auto (can't remember) but not 539
Dampening set to 100%

In game Settings:
Strength: Depends on car but usually around 8
Dampen Oscillations: Unchecked - but may check it again as it feels good but you have to hold the wheel. Always or it will go into a frenzy. Cleaner FFB tho.

On wheel Settings:
Drift: 4 (or off) depending on your firmware.

I don't see much different other than sensitivity so maybe that's it? I use the CSW V2 and came from mainly using AC and did have to adjust quite a bit to the subtlety of iRacing's FFB.

Good luck!

Fritz

I'll try the things you guys recommend over the weekend. Thanks so far! :)

By the way, if you run 900 degrees in Fanatec Wheel Properties and on the wheel itself, do you adjust it for the different cars in game? I guess you don't run with 900 degrees on GT3 or Formula 1 cars?!

EDIT: If you change degrees for each car, do you just adjust the "Wheel Range" under "Steering" in "Options"? Put a different setting there for each car?

Last edited:
I fought this battle for a long time before I finally came to the conclusion that every game feels different. I can no more make Iracing feel like A/C than I can make PCARS feel like rF2. I've recently come back to Iracing after a long hiatus. In past week or so, I've run 2 races and a bunch of practice sessions. My new approach is to stop getting mad because it doesn't feel like A/C and try to enjoy it for what it is.

Hope you find some settings that work for you. After 2 wheels and hours of tweaking, I found a happy place for Iracing (and PCARS for that matter) and I'm rolling with that.

God speed and may the force(feedback) be with you. :)

I'll try the things you guys recommend over the weekend. Thanks so far! :)

By the way, if you run 900 degrees in Fanatec Wheel Properties and on the wheel itself, do you adjust it for the different cars in game? I guess you don't run with 900 degrees on GT3 or Formula 1 cars?!

EDIT: If you change degrees for each car, do you just adjust the "Wheel Range" under "Steering" in "Options"? Put a different setting there for each car?

Set the wheel driver setting to 900, also 900 for the on wheel setting, and 900 for the ingame setting. iRacing will then give you the proper steering ratio for each car. Every car will be different and feel right.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back