We are now The Historic Racing Section

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
All,
as some of you may have noticed or been aware, we have expanded our world a little.

We now cover not only GT Legends, but also the Power & Glory (v2.1) mod for GTR2.

The Power & Glory mod (P&G) is the excellent mod from the GTLWorkshop, which simulates the same default cars as in GT Legends, but unlike GTL (which is a sim of the 2005 Historic Season), P&G simulates the cars as they were when they raced originally.

Period tyres, period suspension, so on and so forth.

Also, as host platform GTR2 was made by 10tacle & Simbin (the same as GTL), the engine is very similar, and seamless transition from one to the other is as painless as copying over your GTL *.PLR file to your P&G installation.

What P&G also gives us are the more advanced event management options, plus GTR2's changeable weather conditions.

We are not stopping GT Legends events, the next RDHGP season will be in GT Legends, NOT P&G. Tuesdays & Thursdays will remain as GTL only events in the immediate future, while we will be having some initial P&G events on Fridays, starting with a simple test event this Friday (25th Feb) - details to follow in the Racing Club Thread.

We are simply expanding into a mod that has the GTL feel, has enough shared DNA to make transition painless, but also has enough differences to make it a worthwhile addition to our stable.

Power & Glory events will be posted in the GT Legends Racing Club, and be clearly marked with different flyers.

You should go here: http://www.gtlw.co.uk/ to download the P&G mod.

I hope you are as excited about this development as Carlos & I are.

Please feel free to ask any questions in this thread.

As it stands, there may not be any immediate changes to thread or forum titles, but that may come in the fullness of time, but we'll keep you apprised of anything that is upcoming.

Have you tried the FFB fix provided with P&G?
There's a patcher in the root directory with the terrain patch and a FFB fix.. I liked it quite a lot. And make sure you get into the sound options and set the values to what is proposed by the small bubbles there. Maybe you don't like it, but it's a good starting point imo

Have you tried the FFB fix provided with P&G?
There's a patcher in the root directory with the terrain patch and a FFB fix.. I liked it quite a lot. And make sure you get into the sound options and set the values to what is proposed by the small bubbles there. Maybe you don't like it, but it's a good starting point imo

Yep, I've done all of that. The FFB was ok, but I want to try out my GTL FFB profile, I'm somewhat in love with it.
The terrain patch might be handy, I bogged the Mini in the sand a couple of times (at Donnington) and couldn't drive out again. That could end up deadly in an on-line event, but would sure make drivers very careful. :eek:

I know the problem. The P&G got installed on my C drive but I had definitely tried to install on the E drive with the GTR2 so I will have to sort this out. Would option 1 be the way to go for the original install? Thanks for any help.

I just tested my installation, and managed to enter the Server ok. So far so good. :)

The wet weather adds a new dimension, quite nicely done I think. I assume the wipers don't work, at least they didn't for the Mini I tested. I could still see ok through the raindrops. :cool:

I will check to see when a P{nG server is up.

Jack, the RD Server is currently up for testing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 258 13.5%