WCP F1 2018 mod: only safety car.

Hi guys,

Looking around at the internet; this is a real thing I'm having.
Even on the site of WCP it is in the reviews but no solution offered there.
Also; I cant seem to join the Reiza forums; I dont get the conformation mail (not in spam folder either) and sending a mail to them isn't being answered.

So I'm in the dark here. Installed a few times over but no; mod picture is there but no cars.
Well, there shouldn't be because the .veh file of the car says it should look for the "F_Ultimate_2018.HDV" and that .HDV file is not present........
Its not in the download, I looked and unpacked again and so on.

So; its a miracle not everyone has this problem, right?
But how do I get that .HDV file?

Does anyone know more about this?

Edit; sorry, wrote the veh and hdv wrong in this post, corrected now.

Last edited:
Hi,

Some files are hidden by Reiza in the AMS.EXE.
You can't get acces to them.
These files are the SFX (sounds), GEN (which meshes,graphics will be loaded), HDV ( car physics), and the TBC file (tyre physics).

A workaround to get your mod working is to let the VEH file point to the files you wish for the mod.
It will first point to the folder and than to the file you wish to get loaded for your mod.

An example:

HDVehicle=F_Ultimate\F_Ultimate_2018.hdv
Graphics=F_Ultimate\F_Ultimate_2018.gen
Spinner=F_Ultimate\F_Ultimate_2018_Spinner.gen
Upgrades=F_Ultimate\F_Ultimate_2018_Upgrades.ini // Vehicle upgrades information
Cameras=F_Ultimate\F_Ultimate_Cams.cam // Defaults to cams.cfg in UserData directory
Sounds=F_Ultimate\F_Ultimate.sfx
HeadPhysics=F_Ultimate\F_Ultimate_Headphysics.ini // Affects driver eyepoint only
Cockpit=F_Ultimate\F_Ultimate_cockpitinfo.ini

GenString=12

You can choose them all, or if the original creator of a mod already has included one of these files, you can choose whatever is needed to get the mod working.

Grtz

Thanks for your response mate, very helpfull!
I'm not at my system at the moment, but I'm trying to understand.
The ams.exe is not in the downloaded mod, so Reiza had to do that upfront?

When I change those lines, it will look in the folder, but those files are still not there, right?
Do I have to do something else too you mean, like making those hdv and gen files myself from another mod, do I understand that right?

Thanks again mate!

Just downloaded the mod and works like a charm....no problem at all.
Did you extract the 3 folders that came with the mod into the Automobilista folder?
You have to extract them to :
...\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista

Thanks for helping me out mate, very nice of you!
Just last night I got it working.......sorry to not post right away, but it was 2 am and I had to get up at 5 am......

I tried a lot and I messed it all up. I remembered you saying the files should be in the ams.exe so I needed a new .exe, right?
Finally I thought of letting the game connect to Steam; I didn't update in a long, very long time! I dont know what version I had, but it maybe a record how old it was ;)

After that, it worked!
Nice, thanks for all your help mate!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%