Tracks Watkins Glen International

Well unfortunately I wasn't able to get a release together this weekend. I ended up being sick most of last week so I wasn't able to get as much done as I had originally hoped. I finally get all the grandstands textured and also placed just about all of the trees. I also put down the base groove on all layouts. While I wish I had gotten further I am still happy with what I got done. Here are some shots and a video.

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_watkins_glen_2-1-118-0-2-54.jpg

Still need to cut out the windows on this one. Looks a bit bland at the moment.
Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_watkins_glen_2-1-118-0-3-12.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_watkins_glen_2-1-118-0-3-39.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_watkins_glen_2-1-118-0-4-5.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_watkins_glen_2-1-118-0-4-37.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_watkins_glen_2-1-118-0-5-39.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_watkins_glen_2-1-118-0-6-33.jpg

Agreed, take you time. Looks great so far.

Only thing that I noticed is the colours of the kerbs, from your screenshots it seems like bright yellow+orange while most photos I've seen show a deep orange+red. But I have no idea how it looks in real life.

All colors, textures, and shader settings are just thrown in there for now. Nothing has been finalized. Yes the curbs are a tad too bright.

As for wanting to release I would like to run it with the upcoming season for the league I am in. Since some have found out about the tracks we run (I update) I would rather it be released as an official WIP than for people to get it via the "back channels".

All colors, textures, and shader settings are just thrown in there for now. Nothing has been finalized. Yes the curbs are a tad too bright.

As for wanting to release I would like to run it with the upcoming season for the league I am in. Since some have found out about the tracks we run (I update) I would rather it be released as an official WIP than for people to get it via the "back channels".

Looks great buddy! I hope for a release when it's 1.0, but if a WIP is necessary to avoid those said channels, I understand.
Hope you've got the time to get it done, family and all, hope you guys are doing good ;)

I've been following this thread for awhile and everything you've shown so far is great. Watkins is one of my favorite tracks, so to have a lovingly-rendered version like this is worth the wait. Great work so far, looking forward to it!

Well unfortunately I wasn't able to get a release together this weekend. I ended up being sick most of last week so I wasn't able to get as much done as I had originally hoped. I finally get all the grandstands textured and also placed just about all of the trees. I also put down the base groove on all layouts. While I wish I had gotten further I am still happy with what I got done. Here are some shots and a video.

Rumble strip sounds are absolute perfection !!!:thumbsup:

I think this track will be awesome for online racing, i'm sure there will be some close battles in any type of cars !

Thing is that no matter how good the track is the people don’t use mods online that often unfortunately. At least not in public multiplayer. Nevertheless this will be great.

I have often thought about this and wondered why Kunos doesn't include steam workshop in Assetto Corsa. The problem with outdated mods would not exist and maybe there would be more public online racing.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing