Tracks Watkins Glen International

What Layout version were they running in the 1973 F1 race ? This looks fantastic BTW and will be a welcome addition to run just about any car at all.
From 71-74 they used the normal boot layout just with no bus stop. From 75-84 they used a stupid chicane that was added in the middle of the esses. The chicane was thankfully removed after F1 left (best decision ever) but the remains of that chicane are still there on the right side of the track right after T1.

upload_2017-12-4_11-30-16.png

From 71-74 they used the normal boot layout just with no bus stop. From 75-84 they used a stupid chicane that was added in the middle of the esses. The chicane was thankfully removed after F1 left (best decision ever) but the remains of that chicane are still there on the right side of the track right after T1.

View attachment 225141

I had no idea they used the chicane for that long. I thought it was just used in two (non-sequential) years.

The things you learn playing videogames.

I had no idea they used the chicane for that long. I thought it was just used in two (non-sequential) years.

The things you learn playing videogames.
I'm honestly surprised they didn't remove it during the 2016 repave but maybe they felt it was part of the tracks history so they left it.

I recorded a first draft of all AI lines the other day and decided to let them run a bit. Got all the grandstands modeled they just need textures now. Trees are also just placeholders for now. I will need to make a whole new set of tree textures for here.
It's a stunning reproduction of a stunning race track already. The gradient is so clear here, the imposing fences brilliant. As U2 once sang, It's even better than the real thing.

In the real world you're sort of constrained by what bit of land you own and how the planet is configured in that location. At least in AC you get a bit more freedom to choose.

With the exception of paul ricard . silverstone is one of the most overated tracks out there and monza too.

Silverstone is not that flat. The current configuration doesn't help, but the most perfect layout from 1991 to 1993 featured a rise to Abbey followed by a downhill full speed through the terrifying Bridge corner. I would kill for this layout in AC, but at the moment it is only available in Geoff Crammond's F1GP.

Monza is not flat either. There is a downhill under the old oval bridge, that rises up towards the back straight to Parabolica.

Albert Park is seriously flat. I've been there 4 times, it is as flat as a witch's tit.

Silverstone is not that flat. The current configuration doesn't help, but the most perfect layout from 1991 to 1993 featured a rise to Abbey followed by a downhill full speed through the terrifying Bridge corner. I would kill for this layout in AC, but at the moment it is only available in Geoff Crammond's F1GP.

Monza is not flat either. There is a downhill under the old oval bridge, that rises up towards the back straight to Parabolica.

Albert Park is seriously flat. I've been there 4 times, it is as flat as a witch's tit.
If you like them tracks thats fair play i think theyre massively overated and not thrilling , chicanes are just crap . Downhill section on bathurst is thrilling , the becketts and maggots is just annoying.

If you like them tracks thats fair play i think theyre massively overated and not thrilling , chicanes are just crap . Downhill section on bathurst is thrilling , the becketts and maggots is just annoying.

You're wrong. The 1991-93 Silverstone is one of the all-time greatest circuits.

The chicanes of 1990's Monza are a real challenge and the focus of so many critical moments in Formula 1's history.

Bathurst is far too narrow to ever be an F1 circuit, so that comparison is nonsensical.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back