Tracks Watkins Glen International

If I'm not mistaken, the circuit was narrower as well.

Aside from all of those objective differences, the main reason I want the historic version is for the ambience. It just feels different, and driving a historic car on a historic circuit just feels better than driving it on a modern circuit; even if the only difference were the scenery.

If I'm not mistaken, the circuit was narrower as well.

Aside from all of those objective differences, the main reason I want the historic version is for the ambience. It just feels different, and driving a historic car on a historic circuit just feels better than driving it on a modern circuit; even if the only difference were the scenery.
Can`t be quiet... Do your own version then. And you are mistaken.

Can`t be quiet... Do your own version then. And you are mistaken.

Sorry, what? I responding to a comment from Stereo asking why anyone would want a historic version.

I didn't demand anything, nor do anything to diminish Lilski's work here. I explicitly displayed gratitude and excitement for the circuit he's currently building. He himself expressed the possibility of another version of the circuit and I welcomed that possibility.

That was a pretty unwarranted response. What's the problem?

Sorry, what? I responding to a comment from Stereo asking why anyone would want a historic version.

I didn't demand anything, nor do anything to diminish Lilski's work here. I explicitly displayed gratitude and excitement for the circuit he's currently building.

That was a pretty unwarranted response.
Oh, then cool. It sounded a bit different to me ;) No worries.

One thing I don't plan on is the 1970s Esses Chicane shown in the above video.

As far as track width I don't think it ever changed. In fact much of that original black and white curbing was still there up until 2016 and the repave. I did read some stuff that said they did take some of the crown out of the top of the hill in the esses to make it a bit less blind but I don't know for sure.

Here is some footage of it here.

and here at the 5:30 mark

One thing I don't plan on is the 1970s Esses Chicane shown in the above video.
Thank you.
This is different from the chicane installed in the uphill esses in 1975.
It's hard to believe that race organizers thought, way back in 1975, that chicanes were the answer to track safety issues. It was a sad day when Francois crashed.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Thank you.
This is different from the chicane installed in the uphill esses in 1975.
It's hard to believe that race organizers thought, way back in 1975, that chicanes were the answer to track safety issues. It was a sad day when Francois crashed.
attachment.php

They even thought that chicanes solve safety issues when they changed Imola in the mid 90s from a great track to an average circuit.

Imola is a particular case. There is a river behind Tamburello and not enough space to do a safety zone. If they tought equal Indy, they should made a safety wall on there, but was early 90's, and they did what was possible for 95.

And the circuit alrealdy have too many chicanes, the original layout didnt have any chicane and was very different.

I would love to see the historic circuit created. Not so much because it was a great track, more because of my 1,000 laps around it on Grand Prix Legends. It was the first track I beat the GPL benchmark.

I would love to see the historic circuit created. Not so much because it was a great track, more because of my 1,000 laps around it on Grand Prix Legends. It was the first track I beat the GPL benchmark.
There is a possible deal in place for someone else to make the classic track while I make the modern one. Nothing final yet so don't get your hopes up just yet.

There is a possible deal in place for someone else to make the classic track while I make the modern one. Nothing final yet so don't get your hopes up just yet.
Hey, the fact that you're doing the track is enough for me. Your riverside track is my go to escapism track. I have driven maybe 500 laps now and I still find new things. RSS 79 and Riverside, pure relaxation. I put Neil Young on in the background to complete the time travel, sometimes Cat Stevens.

As a european I like the US tracks more than the popular (f1) tracks here in the EU. Great to see another one in the works, thank you! :)

Wasn't Watkins Glen also the track in the GPL demo? I remember driving it alot back then.

As a european I like the US tracks more than the popular (f1) tracks here in the EU. Great to see another one in the works, thank you! :)

Wasn't Watkins Glen also the track in the GPL demo? I remember driving it alot back then.

Yep!

And the US does have a lot of stonking great circuits indeed.

Indeed it was the demo track. It and Kyalami were my two goto tracks back then.

And yes I'll take the US circuits over any other just about any day. Most of our big name tracks have not been neutered by F1.

There really is no shortage of details for this track. This video even analyses the kerbs at each turn (first five minutes)

No track limits for the Indy race, makes for some amazing racing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%