Alright when was that again.....?

Ferry, I do not 'worry about max' - this is a Formula 1 discussion, and I was simply discussing Formula 1.

Monaco is a notoriously difficult place to overtake on the road; I have seen many races where a faster car behind has been unable to get past a slower car to take the win. In my comment, I was only saying that being given pole position by Charles, Max was put in a very strong position; stronger than any other circuit.

Yes, he may have earned pole in his own right rather than inheriting it, but equally, he may have clipped a barrier on that last lap and destroyed his car (which he has done in the past, several times). We will never know, but that is the joy of discussion :)

I would consider us friends now, after our recent conversations, and you yourself said that we will probably never agree over verstappen - you are correct! I try to watch F1 pragmatically; criticise drivers when they make mistakes, praise them when they over-achieve, but unlike @Appie Kuipers , I will not simply heap praise on a certain driver because of the flag that he drives under.

Here's to many more civil discussions about Formula 1 !

View attachment 477685
All your previous posts and likes show different!

Last edited:
The weather wasn't the best but I think we got lucky that the rain didn't set in for the day, just showers.

I was gutted that you can no longer stand close to the track around the back at Stirlings. That used to be a great spot.

Last edited:
The weather wasn't the best but I think we got lucky that the rain didn't set in for the day, just showers.

I was gutted that you can no longer stand close to the track around the back at Stirlings. That used to be a great spot.
Just by pure luck I happened to be in my van any time the rain came along.

I agree with not liking the changes they made with the fencing. I used to regularly walk around the Grand Prix loop. It is very rare I bother now. It baffles me that they built full height fencing on the inside of the corners where you stand. I’m sure that if there are any incidents that the cars will end up in the outside of the track away from you. Although I understand having fencing on the straights.

I can’t take photos like these any more.

Last edited:
Those pics are awesome! All down to health and safety now which I completely get but for sections like that it should say "stand here at your own risk" or something.

Hello all,

How many of you are watching the Indy 500 today? Anyone with tickets!?

The Indy 500 brings back fond memories for me, watching it on ABC as a kid. Perhaps due to my childhood memories, I've long felt the 500 was more important and interesting than F1. I've watched every historical race available on-line, too, often many times.

It would be a dream for me to see it live one day, though making it through a 350,000 person crowd seems daunting. Have you seen it live, and if so, how was the experience for you?

I'm from Germany, so no tickets and will stay at home. So far have never been to the US, but if I will, Indy is one location I will try to include.
But for sure will be watching tonight. I read the crowd will be 125,000 people. This is said to be the largest ever crowd worldwide since Covid started. Ever.
125,000 attendees allowed... Seems even a bit too much for me.

Rest in Peace to Jason Dupasquier who is now with the racing legends. Jason was a 19yr old Moto 3 class rider with so much life and potential ahead of him. It has been quite a while since a GP pilot has passed to Greatness. My heart, and I'm sure all of yours, go out to his family who are in deep pain right now.

We all love our motorsports however behind the hero is the human. They are Sons, Daughters, Brothers, Sisters, Wives, Husbands ect just like all of us. I hope they have a 'Moment of Noise' at the next race for him. Everyone cheering and chanting his name.

Jason-Dupasquier-R.I.P.-Photo-courtesy-Dorna._1622370760.jpg

20210530130039_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all,

How many of you are watching the Indy 500 today? Anyone with tickets!?

The Indy 500 brings back fond memories for me, watching it on ABC as a kid. Perhaps due to my childhood memories, I've long felt the 500 was more important and interesting than F1.
I was just remembering today how we use to have to wait until Monday night (Memorial Day) to watch the Indy 500 replay on ABC when I was a kid, but we watched it every year as a family .... good memories :)

I'm old enough to say that I've been lucky to have been able to watch all 4 drivers win they're 4th 500 and all were special. And how cool was today!, not only seeing the fans back and watch spider man climb that fence once more, but the other drivers and teams coming to congratulate Helio....awesome stuff!!!

Great race today! The lack of cautions made for incredible excitement, I thought. The field felt even more fluid than usual - so many different sets of guys cycling to the front.

Tremendous energy from the grandstands, there's really nothing else like it in motorsports.

And then of course the winner...I think the entire paddock was celebrating!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%