Upcoming Events

Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

Watching (or attending!) the Indy 500 today?

Hello all,

How many of you are watching the Indy 500 today? Anyone with tickets!?

The Indy 500 brings back fond memories for me, watching it on ABC as a kid. Perhaps due to my childhood memories, I've long felt the 500 was more important and interesting than F1. I've watched every historical race available on-line, too, often many times.

It would be a dream for me to see it live one day, though making it through a 350,000 person crowd seems daunting. Have you seen it live, and if so, how was the experience for you?

4 8 15 16 23 42 108

Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen
I'm from Germany, so no tickets and will stay at home. So far have never been to the US, but if I will, Indy is one location I will try to include.
But for sure will be watching tonight. I read the crowd will be 125,000 people. This is said to be the largest ever crowd worldwide since Covid started. Ever.
125,000 attendees allowed... Seems even a bit too much for me.

Rory Wetherington

pflynhi
Premium
Hello all,

How many of you are watching the Indy 500 today? Anyone with tickets!?

The Indy 500 brings back fond memories for me, watching it on ABC as a kid. Perhaps due to my childhood memories, I've long felt the 500 was more important and interesting than F1.
I was just remembering today how we use to have to wait until Monday night (Memorial Day) to watch the Indy 500 replay on ABC when I was a kid, but we watched it every year as a family .... good memories :)

I'm old enough to say that I've been lucky to have been able to watch all 4 drivers win they're 4th 500 and all were special. And how cool was today!, not only seeing the fans back and watch spider man climb that fence once more, but the other drivers and teams coming to congratulate Helio....awesome stuff!!!

jimortality

Premium
I enjoyed it from home, bit disappointed Veekay dropped off though but what a star he's going to be!

Nick Hill

Premium
Great race today! The lack of cautions made for incredible excitement, I thought. The field felt even more fluid than usual - so many different sets of guys cycling to the front.

Tremendous energy from the grandstands, there's really nothing else like it in motorsports.

And then of course the winner...I think the entire paddock was celebrating!