F1 2010 Watch for screen burn in...

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello, i'm new to this forum and the game...just completed my 1st season with Lotus. I've had the game a little over a week. Yesterday I noticed the game tach on the lower right hand corner still visible after I shut the system off. I run 50% race durations so the game is running about an hour with prac and qual. Is there a way to change the tach location on the screen or the style? I'm kinda pissed considering my plasma is only 3 months old. Any suggestions? The driving view I prefer is the camera above the helmet. I like this game a lot but am hesitant starting my 2nd season. Thanks

Oh my setup is ps3 with panasonic.

Just be aware that residual image / image retention is not quite the same as burn-in. If it goes away eventually then it's not permanent damage, and you should be safe to play (as far as I know).

On second thought, maybe you should wait for better advice...

plasma screens were notorious for that but screen burn should not be an issue with tvs seeing as how much they cost these days thats madness if you ask me i have an led tv and image burn is not an issue but it shouldn't be an issue for any telly IMO

Lcd, or LCD led tv's dont have burn in problems at all to be honest, maybe only the very early ones a few years ago.
Plasma though is a very different story, up untill this day u have to watch out for burn ins on plasma tv's. They did improve a little over the years but as Lcd is cheaper to make etc they didnt invest as much money and time in research of plasma. Hence why most brands dont sell plasma anymore, or atleast dont make any new models.

LCDs don't "Burn In" Plasmas can. Plasmas 2 or 3 years ago came out with technology that moves "stagnant" images so that burn-in is nearly eliminated. Check that you have this system turned on or check your warranty. This is the major drawback of plasmas and projection tvs. Aside from the heat generated, this is why they are less expensive (still a great picture though). While an LCD has no burn-in, it takes a lot of technology and hardware to create the same picture that a plasma produces, this is why they are more expensive. I'm waiting for OLED.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 269 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%