Washington DC Street Circuit for AMS

Tracks Washington DC Street Circuit for AMS v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

Washington DC Street Circuit for AMS - Must have Street Circuit

Hi Guys

Here we have another track update, this time it's Washington DC Street Circuit.

Would like to thank Triebie for giving me this track to update, probably one of my favorite street circuits now, lovely flow, fast and looks really nice.

Washington DC Street Circuit

Update details v1.0:

- Different sky files with new lighting added
- New settings for track rgb and fog
- All track textures have being reworked, some are new (track and in field textures)
- New grass...

Read more about this resource...

Hi guys

Something I only noticed now, some of the grandstands have this black camouflage net.

Somehow the texture was broken in my update, have added it here for you to download.

There are three different styles to choose from, just copy the one you like into the tracks location.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cFoeGQHPa2kaIz25lHthsOhCW4etBZQk

camouflage_default_back_net

camouflage_default_back_net.jpg

camouflage_wood_panels

camouflage_wood_panels.jpg

camouflage_clear

camouflage_clear.jpg

Fun track to race around on, but ran into issues with the Safety Car.

using a rolling start or fast rolling start, the Safety Car starts behinds the grid and just pummels its way through the field. This was with 28 AIs and I, using the CART Extreme mod.

Fine, so I do a standing start, until the AI decides to no longer remains alert on a street circuit. Full-Course Yellow, everyone lines up behind the safety car, right?

Safety car doesn't come out. Safety car seems to be trapped behind the barrier. This was with a standing start.

Fun track to race around on, but ran into issues with the Safety Car.

using a rolling start or fast rolling start, the Safety Car starts behinds the grid and just pummels its way through the field. This was with 28 AIs and I, using the CART Extreme mod.

Fine, so I do a standing start, until the AI decides to no longer remains alert on a street circuit. Full-Course Yellow, everyone lines up behind the safety car, right?

Safety car doesn't come out. Safety car seems to be trapped behind the barrier. This was with a standing start.
Just out of interest, is this only with the CART Extreme mod or have you tried stock AMS cars too.

I never use rolling start, so when updating everything seemed ok with normal starts.

The track was given to me already converted to AMS, I've only done the texture work, skies and lighting.

If there's a problem with the rolling start or the safety car, I would have to ask someone who knows about this and what settings would have to change.

Unfortunately I don't know, so if this is the case with all cars then you will have to use the default standing start which I tested with for now until there is a solution and update.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

Just out of interest, is this only with the CART Extreme mod or have you tried stock AMS cars too.

I never use rolling start, so when updating everything seemed ok with normal starts.

The track was given to me already converted to AMS, I've only done the texture work, skies and lighting.

If there's a problem with the rolling start or the safety car, I would have to ask someone who knows about this and what settings would have to change.

Unfortunately I don't know, so if this is the case with all cars then you will have to use the default standing start which I tested with for now until there is a solution and update.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

There are many problems with the AIW besides safety cars. One is that the track edges in the pit area have all been zeroed-out so the AI will not pit (they must be afraid of exceeding the track limits) when they drive through the pit lane. Editing the edges using the AIW+CAM Editor does not work--I have no idea why not.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%