Washington Confirmed as Next American Truck Sim Expansion

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS Michigan 1.jpg ATS Michigan 2.jpg ATS Michigan 3.jpg ATS Michigan 5.jpg ATS Michigan 6.jpg ATS Michigan 18.jpg
SCS Software recently teased a new location in development for the excellent American Truck Simulator, and now we know where it will be set - Washington state!

Only a few short days ago (January 15th to be precise), the ever impressive development team behind European Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Sim revealed a new DLC expansion pack is in the works back at SCS HQ, and now we finally get to find out exactly where in the United States the latest pack will be located - Washington!

ATS Michigan 4.jpg

Like every US state, Washington has its own soul and feel. We have focused on typical landscapes, settlements, industry, cities, and ports. Everything we've done so far exceeds our expectations and we have added an authentic experience from Washington hauling. Gradually, until the release of map expansion later this year, you can look forward to more WA-themed dedicated blog-posts and articles accompanied with screenshots mapping the development progress.
ATS Michigan 7.jpg

The stated intention of SCS Software is to continue expanding the increasingly impressive American Truck Sim title over the coming months and years, and the decision to create Washington within the sim will aid the Czech development team expand yet further the West Coast of America within the game. Exciting times for content lovers within these popular trucking games.

Washington State will be another destination on US soil. The choice of this territory was logical and henceforth linked to our endeavor to cover the West Coast and create a solid bridgehead for future expansions. This step also opens whole scenic coastal US 101 route. Its northernmost territory will, of course, be part of the Washington DLC and you can grasp the opportunity to drive it all the way from south to north or vice versa. We've tried it already and it's great!

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 are available to purchase for PC right now.

Like to go big rigging across the highways of the USA? Fancy sharing your experiences with your fellow community members and taking in all the latest news regarding both games? Well join up with our European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim sub forums to get involved with the community today!

Love what we do at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Since Kenworth is located in Washington, I wonder if we'll be able to deliver trucks from there to a dealership, like with Scania and Volvo in ETS2.

Also, I wonder if we'll be able to take deliveries to and from from Valve. Maybe that's why Half-Life 3 isn't released.

I wish there's some mountain pass mods, maybe even fantasy locations. I have this title and it's child's play compared to where I am born and raised in real life.
My father is one of those who used to pass this route, and how many fell to their death is numerous. It's a historic route now, because a straight highway was built near the area there for trucks and buses. Only cars and motorcycles can pass there now. I bought ETS because I am born in a trucking business, and I grew up around these things. Now adult in the modern world, I occasionally still drive trucks, but in straight boring highways. I wish I can relive my father's experience even in a game.

Washington state is a large western state -> Mt St Helens, Seattle, Boeing, Microsoft, Nirvana. Seattle SuperSonics used to call this state home, but they moved to Oklahoma City and aren't as cool now. Try to drive a truck here and you will be challenged by wildly diverse weather and terrain as well as complicated and congested urban highway systems.

Washington, D.C. postage stamp sized federal district built on a swamp sitting astride the Potomac River -> it's where we sequester all the politicians in an effort to lower the crime rate throughout the rest of the country. Washington Bullets used to call this city home, but they got renamed as the Wizards and aren't as cool now. Try to drive a truck here and you will probably have your hubcaps stolen.

I wish that they would offer a few cars, no mods, original content, as I could enjoy roaming in this beautiful game, but I have zero interest in driving a truck. I have the game, tried it, but got bored very quickly.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.9%