Many complains about the difference of perfomance of the cars are ridiculous here.

Anyone here didnt saw results from past eras? When Schumacher put 1 lap on a entire grid on 94, that difference was huge!

Nowadays the difference is normal. It is true that other teams cant compete, but look to 2007 season as example, who from a car different than Ferrari and Mclaren won a race that season?

Now we have 3 teams competing for victories, some years ago, just Mercedes can win.

Some years ago, only Ferrari, and only 1 driver competed for the champioship, like it was 2002 and 2004 season.

F1 is very good today. I dont like the DRS, but generally speaking, only nostalgia guys dont like F1 nowadays.

Many complains about the difference of perfomance of the cars are ridiculous here.

Anyone here didnt saw results from past eras? When Schumacher put 1 lap on a entire grid on 94, that difference was huge!

Nowadays the difference is normal. It is true that other teams cant compete, but look to 2007 season as example, who from a car different than Ferrari and Mclaren won a race that season?

Now we have 3 teams competing for victories, some years ago, just Mercedes can win.

Some years ago, only Ferrari, and only 1 driver competed for the champioship, like it was 2002 and 2004 season.

F1 is very good today. I dont like the DRS, but generally speaking, only nostalgia guys dont like F1 nowadays.
Honestly, I don't mind the DRS. It isn't a permanent solution but it's exciting to see cars that are further back either divebombing into corners or going up side-by-side into a corner and seeing how the driver in front will defend. Passing on straights is quite boring I'll give you that. I particularly liked the DRS into turn 2 at Austria, especially that moment with the two Saubers of Leclerc and Ericsson catching up to the Toro Rosso of Gasly.

Bernie Ecolstone a few decades ago tried to send F1 to Brands Hatch. A better track in my opinion. So the track at Silverstone was modified with the stupid infield section (Looks like Magny-Cours) to keep up with the rising standards of tracks. Its a higher class event with higher class people. So the old grass root tracks cant survive due to outdated facilities.
I would love the Canadian Grandprix to come back to Mosport park but that will never happen the rich snobs wont have the VIP experience they get at other events.

I doubt you could pass anywhere at Brands with a modern F1 car ( the BP sprint series has a really hard time ), it can't be brought up to modern safety standards and I doubt the pits would pass either. So, thankfully it's unmolested & the last GP there was in 1986 I think. There's stlil plenty of racing at Brands so it's got no problems surviving, just like all the other B circuits in the UK.

I missed Silverstone but in the modern eara passing is very difficult. Most drivers see a opportunity and back off. When you cant pull it off then you risk makeing a big accident. Max Verstapen is someone who takes chances and follows through and get penalized for it.

Weaving is band and changing line in a turn is band. The rules take out the fluidness that was once racing. The tracks built by Herman Tike don't encourage passing.
And the airo makes slip streaming hard as teams slope the back end of the chassis (Behind side pods and into coke bottle shape under rear wing) to maximize air around the car and minimize air transferred to trailing car.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%