Was Ocon to Blame for Verstappen Accident?

Age is just a number. Leclerc has one month difference with him, and he's far more mature. We'll see how it goes at Ferrari.
In WRC2, Rovanpera did start at 17, and has already shown far more maturity than Verstappen could dream having. At what point age stops being an excuse ? Next year, Verstappen starts his fifth season.

Its all Verstappen hate... what I say well see. Max won in go karts from Leclerq. Charles have never being driving for a top team with presure from a top team. Specialy Italie But no doubt I love him. I think Vettel have next year a problem he and Max are the future of this sport

It is absolutely unacceptable for a lapped car to be dueling with the race leader. Period.
But if they allowed by THE RULES to unlap themselves - who they CAN overtake ?
Guys on 2nd and 3rd places only ? Those at 8th and 9th, perhaps ? :geek:
This is so basic, so simple, so obvious that it absolutely amazes me that there is any dissent whatsoever.
Yeah yeah... so simple it is. All F1 rules are just like that ...so simple. :rolleyes:
Now: Remember all those times Ocon crashed out with Perez? This guy will never race in F1 again.
Wrong again.
How about we continue this conversation some 12-15 months later. :)

Age is just a number. Leclerc has one month difference with him, and he's far more mature. We'll see how it goes at Ferrari.
In WRC2, Rovanpera did start at 17, and has already shown far more maturity than Verstappen could dream having. At what point age stops being an excuse ? Next year, Verstappen starts his fifth season.

Exactly. Max's age excuse is over. He's no longer a rookie. To be fair, though. I think part of his problem is the hype that was surrounding him when he came to F1. I think that created a sense of urgency in his mind to be great right away. And I think he's still trying to live up to that. I think all the Leclerc talk has made him even more anxious. And, unfortunately, I think if Leclerc starts doing well at Ferrari, it will make Max even worse.

And, for the record, this isn't Verstappen hate. I was just excited about him when he came to F1 and was for the first few years. It's not that I dislike him now. And I still think he's championship material. I just don't think he'll be the bright star I thought he'd be. Still glad he's on the grid, though.

Exactly. Max's age excuse is over. He's no longer a rookie. To be fair, though. I think part of his problem is the hype that was surrounding him when he came to F1. I think that created a sense of urgency in his mind to be great right away. And I think he's still trying to live up to that. I think all the Leclerc talk has made him even more anxious. And, unfortunately, I think if Leclerc starts doing well at Ferrari, it will make Max even worse.

And, for the record, this isn't Verstappen hate. I was just excited about him when he came to F1 and was for the first few years. It's not that I dislike him now. And I still think he's championship material. I just don't think he'll be the bright star I thought he'd be. Still glad he's on the grid, though.

For Max it is always dificult with all Vettel and Hamilton fans all over the world they fear him that is why all the bullshit and all the media bla.. blah to bring the show.... of F1 for him is dificult you must very strong mind to keep your mind but I like it he can do it he is young and he have fun a Rebel like james hunt.... never give up with the lion hart of mansell and the agresion of senna racing in the rain. Most drivers are boring. Love Leclerq also look forward for him when he drives Ferrari. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Do you remember who won 2014 FIA Formula 3 European Drivers' championship and Rookies' championship when Max was also driving Formula 3 European championship?

Yess agree but Ocon drive with the Mercedes engine and Verstappen with the Volkswagen. Season 2014 Mercedes had the best engine that year. Max had problems with the engine but won the masters on Zandvoort and 3x Spa and the famous Norisring in the rain when he was seconds faster in one lap then the other drivers.

So many people still missing the real point which has been mentioned many times. ... No argument Ocon is at fault .... But could it have been avoided? Yes!!!!
Being right and doing the best thing for yourself are 2 different things.
Till the next time we'll see if lessons have been learnt

I agree too, except for the Perez part. Where does the thinking that Perez is giving room comes from ? He's one of the most aggressive in the field, he tends to be even more aggressive with his faster team mates (Ocon, Button).

Another viewpoint - love the title: "Max hits Ocon - Brazilian GP" :roflmao:

I agree with most part of it but Max needs to avoid contact with all drivers not just Ocon!!!
I am tired to say this but its the reality Max wont learn...
You shouldnt assume that a certain driver will or wont give you room!!
If you are crossing the street you must look both sides before you get hit, it is that simple!!!
One day he bangs wheels with someone and goes flying straight into a barrier...I dont wanna see stupid deaths in this sport anymore!
Same goes for Ocon

Here's what can happen when you assume those things...

Last edited:
Same goes for Ocon
Ocon did nothing wrong as has been pointed out in several videos (on which I agree). It's Verstappen who acts like a pinballmachine; as soon as someone comes near him he goes on TILT. He's even dumb enough to fight with a backmarker who's allowed to unlap himself and throw away the victory.

Watched an onboard from Ocon of 2-3 laps before the incident - 100% Verstappen, sorry. Ocon was completely alongside & Max just drove into his track space. I've got nothing invested in F1 or any particular driver, so from a dispassionate view that is no contest. Max can't claim he didn't know he was there, he was *right there* on the outside of the previous corner all the way around it.

Doesn't matter if you're P1 or P20, you don't turn into someone. Team released Ocon to pass, he had every right to be there... if you want to look at it tactically, if there'd been a SC he'd have gained his entire lap back by being ahead of P1 on track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back