Was Ocon to Blame for Verstappen Accident?

Very interesting video / discussion. It seems to boil down to a personal grudge between the two drivers, and Vertappen determined to intimidate other drivers, both on and off the track. It really shows his weakness and inability to handle pressure.

17 pages of discussion for something where one of 3 poll choices has 65% :roflmao:
Looks like the life is boring, only this "F1 reality show" is interesting :(
Well the poll (and I) agree that Ocon was at fault, but there is more to it than just that. Verstappen didn't do the smartest thing either.

Very interesting video / discussion. It seems to boil down to a personal grudge between the two drivers, and Vertappen determined to intimidate other drivers, both on and off the track. It really shows his weakness and inability to handle pressure.

Haha Max dominates the F1 with Hamilton with his space ship at this moment

Weakness? :roflmao:

Yes, weakness. Did you even watch the video?

His childish reactions on Sunday made him look foolish and weak. It's clear he can be very easily annoyed, to the point where he makes stupid mistakes.

It's quite obvious to me that this boy still has the mindset of a go kart racer :roflmao:

His childish reactions on Sunday made him look foolish and weak. It's clear he can be very easily annoyed, to the point where he makes stupid mistakes.

It's quite obvious to me that this boy still has the mindset of a go kart racer :roflmao:

Check post 303

I think Leclerc will end up being what a lot of people thought Max would be. Max has great potential, but it keeps getting stumped by his immaturity. Leclerc has great skill, but more importantly, he already has the level-headed mindset of a multi-time champion. I'm really looking forward to seeing him a Ferrari next year.

Stupid move by Ocon and bad manouver from Max, he tried to prepare the second S leg to avoid waste time and speed at back straight but left no room for Ocon. There was no threat from LH at that stage just let the back runner go. But still, Ocon was stupid (again).

Last edited:
I think Leclerc will end up being what a lot of people thought Max would be. Max has great potential, but it keeps getting stumped by his immaturity. Leclerc has great skill, but more importantly, he already has the level-headed mindset of a multi-time champion. I'm really looking forward to seeing him a Ferrari next year.

Agreed. And it's quite bold to say that now, but if Bottas keeps on underperforming, Ocon might find himself in a Mercedes in 2020, and could fight for a championship before Verstappen.

Verstappen, in order to win a championship, will need a dominant car because he won't be able to cope with a close championship finale such as Jerez 97 or Interlagos 07 & 08.

Well let's be fair, Verstappen is still just a 21 year old kid, however quick he is over a single lap, development of mindset and racecraft is a longer process. I remember Hamilton making countless noob mistakes in season 2011 at age 26 and look where he is now, it's hard to recognize it's the same driver.

A lot of bla bla about Max... well we see in the future what comes On the moment he dominates the F1 with Hamilton not bad on 21 years old right? All the good drivers from history make mistakes.

Age is just a number. Leclerc has one month difference with him, and he's far more mature. We'll see how it goes at Ferrari.
In WRC2, Rovanpera did start at 17, and has already shown far more maturity than Verstappen could dream having. At what point age stops being an excuse ? Next year, Verstappen starts his fifth season.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%