Was Evo hard the first time?

S

Scott Ellis

• Scott Ellis

Hi folks, just installed gtr evo, looking forward to rubbing bumpers with yas

• Hayden Walker

im only good at 1 track :( the brands 1.9km i done a 52.230 secs in first hour with the r8 i suck at all the other tracks just spin off any tips guys thanks

• Graydon McKee

Mine was alright. Believe it or not when I bought the game I actually tried to play it on the keyboard. That lasted all of about 5 minutes before I was back in my car headed for the store to get a steering wheel and pedels... after that I was alright.

I participated in one off-line race before I went online for the first time. For the most part it went alright however I had one really tight corner and ended up knocking a few other cars off the track because I didn't judge it right. (I'm really new to racing.) After that I realized that it just wasn't fair for me to go tearing around without figuring out what I'm doing so I'm trying to get the hang of things before I go back online.

• Graydon McKee

I'd say the easiest cars to use are definitely the open wheel racers and then the Radical cars.

Why do you think their easier? I honestly haven't tried them yet because I figured that they would actually be harder and that I'd need to learn to control the car better before trying them out?

I seem to be getting on with it well, I sometimes have problems with putting too much power down on the exit of the corner, especially on nurbergring (the large track, without GP circuit). I have noticed as soon as I loose grip, after I recover the next few corners are really poor :(

On the flip side when I get it just right (on the odd occasion :D) it all fits together.

I found it really hard to get used to, spent too much time getting bogged down with settings - both car and controller sensitivity - almost drove myself nuts, and a few others online I think.... then left the game alone for a few weeks because of frustration. When I came back I decided to use the standard simbin setups and try online ones to see what worked for me, that started to get a bit better.. still much room for improvement. My favourite cars in GTR EVO - Caterham, I might not get the fastest laps or win the races but those controllled point n' squeeze power slides are awesome!
Ben about the poor handling after a spin - tyre temps down, gravel/dust on tyres, flat spots - don't know what GTR simulates but it makes sense somehow...

• Klyde Parker

I loved it right from the start. Over GTR2 the FFB was a VAST improvement in car handling capabilities.

• Martin Pretorius

Wasn't that difficult to get into the game, when migrating from GTR2. The cars are a lot more responsive though like Race 07. I quite enjoy it, driving a high powered sportscar on the Ring is quite something with GTR Evo!

I've played GTRevo for about a week. The last time I played any game was GT4 some years ago. I started a WTCC championship with a fwd car to learn the tracks. I found out I could jump straight to pro settings. Its the first time I had FFB wheel and I think it took a chunk out of the lap times(tried a little bit with pad while waiting for the wheel, but it wasn't any good). The higher degree of realism helps a lot too, letting me get closer to the cars limit.

• Phil123

I found it pretty easy after playing GTR2 a lot. I always have all the aids switched off but have been a little disappointed by how wooden the touring cars feel compared with GTR2's GT1and2 cars. the Cateram's are great fun with superb balance and an involving feel. They felt very much like a Westfield I drove for real a few years ago (as you would hope!).

Phil

My opinion, it was hard for me in the beginning. I used to play more arcade racers. Now, after two months it is going better and better. The arcade race games are banished. I baught a steering wheel two weeks ago and things are going much much better now. I had a lot of problems with the oversteer of RWD cars. Switched to FWD cars, but now only driving RWD again because I know now how to minimize the oversteer. My racing enthousiasm is bigger when driving RWD.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 109 13.4%