Was Evo hard the first time?

S

Scott Ellis

• Scott Ellis

Hi folks, just installed gtr evo, looking forward to rubbing bumpers with yas

• rafa28

I found it took a few extra laps to get used to the production cars.

Agreed, the GT cars are the easiest to drive. Now the production cars, especially the Viper, they're on a completely different league(except for the CCX wich is undriveable and the R8 wich is as easy as a walk in the park).

It's a bit weird, I really struggle with the WTCC and the BMW E90 in particular, I can't get it to work for me! :( Whereas in all the GTR Evo cars I have tried so far I am competitive and able to crank up the AI (I don't race humans) to the sorts of levels I was used to in GTR2.

• rafa28

It's a bit weird, I really struggle with the WTCC and the BMW E90 in particular, I can't get it to work for me! :( Whereas in all the GTR Evo cars I have tried so far I am competitive and able to crank up the AI (I don't race humans) to the sorts of levels I was used to in GTR2.

Same here! I just can't get near the AI with the WTCC cars. Especially with the BMW, my favorite. I can easily beat the AI in the street Viper, the GT Pros, the GT Club cars, almost all of the rest at the Nordschleife for instance(AI maxed out, and only auto-clutch on!). The open wheelers' AI also give me a beating, i'm useless against them although i'm sure i drive those cars at the limit as much as i do the Viper and the GT cars...
I can't be sure yet, but i think there must be something wrong with either these cars' AI or the cars themselves.

I think it depends largely on what car you drove when you first started playing the game.

For me I am utterly useless in Beemer WTCC cars, 2 secs a lap slower on any decent track apart from street tracks where I am up to speed anyway.

Somewhere like Brands I will easily be 1 to 2 secs slower in a 3 series

I though this would mean I would be useless at GTR Evo but Its not too bad.

There are the usual aliens who are in another world but more often than not I am top 5 in any class.

Hehe,... right the oposite here. I have no truble driving F3000 and the Beemer E90, but struggling with the rest of the GTR cars (including all FWD WTCC class, where i cant even set a normal lap (I hate FWD cars)).

Soo yeah, it differs from what you like and dislike...

I see most people say they got use to it no problem, but there is getting use to it and being able to drive the car at an average or pretty fast speed and then there is finding the limits of the car and going very fast, that's where the hard part comes in as it can be very hard to find the limits of the car and carry on pushing it to the limits. It takes allot of setup work and testing unless your a alien or real racing driver and know how to find those limits very quickly.

Race 07 was the first racing game I had played in probably about 3 years (the last one before that was Grand Prix 4) and the original Toca Race Driver 1.

Took a small bit of practice, but I was up and running in offline races at 90% within about an hour once I worked out the braking and acceleration.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%