Warning Hot To Touch / Post Your Fave Looking Wheel Rims

new wheel from sam maxwell
LiteFrontLarge.jpg
LiteBackLarge.jpg
LiteAngleLarge.jpg

Upvote 0
That bottom rim looks great but really uncomfortable with those square handgrips.

This audi also simply looks stunning

bd5ce2a31edda28ef27488cd6a596d97880b88d5.jpg

That will be the next replica wheel i am making.

Upvote 0
I don't like those F1 / GT style rims which force your hands always on the same position, nor even rims with hexagonal shape or with a flat lower part. I can't drive well with them, maybe only with a F1 car which has a very low turning degree. I'm more used to a rally driving style.

I don't like how they look either, because of their strange shape and because of them being full of buttons, rotaries and colorful stickers everywhere. I don't see the need of buttons on a steering wheel. They are distracting to me. I have a button box for that. I plan on installing an extra button close to the rim on a vertical stand, to be pushed almost like a paddle shift, for the only urgent activation I need: wiper for water splashes on rallies.

I don't want alcantara / suede either, because I prefer to drive with my bare hands and I want my rim to last.

With all this in mind, I decided to buy a 32 cm deep dish wheel, very simple and effective, made of synthetic material which looks like leather. It's not expensive and it's robust enough. It also allows me to place the dashboard screen on the front of the base and have lots of room to move my hands freely.

st-wheel.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 90 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.4%