Warm Daylight - ReShade preset

Martin Fiala submitted a new resource:

Warm Daylight - ReShade preset - ReShade preset that gives the game slightly warmer, sunny day look

Ever since someone mentioned R3E having a blue-ish tint in a forum comment, I couldn't unsee it. Indeed, the white balance in R3E can be a bit too cold for the weather and time of day it's trying to convey. I tried to remedy that - couldn't get SweetFX to work, but finally succeeded with ReShade.

The effect of the preset is quite subtle. I've tried to match the white balance I usually go with when I process my photos taken on a sunny day. It's not meant to completely change the look of the...

Read more about this resource...

Can you revisit this for Reshade 4.7, I think you used 3.0 as a base and with the update there seems to be a legacy option. I loved it in the past and would be nice to have an update like you did for rF2.

Also add them on thelazy

Is there something specific that doesn't work with newer ReShade? And I guess it would need to be redone completely, because Raceroom changed its lighting in the meantime with the addition of the time progression and such. So it would likely have to be completely redone.

What's thelazy?

Case_ updated Warm Daylight - ReShade preset with a new update entry:

Update...sort of...

Not sure if I should call this an update, because I basically made it from scratch without any connection to the previous one, but since it is in essence doing the same thing, guess you can think of it as such.

I think Raceroom looks more or less perfect (in regards to colors, lighting and such), but I still like a bit warmer white balance than the game has, plus a bit more "pop" to the image - not as much in color saturation, which is perfectly fine IMO, but more in the overall contrast...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just want to mention that ColorLab and SCurve can be found in the FXShaders collection, if you want to install them individually.

As for Warm Daylight, I think it looks interesting, but I'm not sure any kind of ReShade magic can fix what in my view is the most unnatural colour and lighting reproduction of all current racing sims.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%