Wanted - a drive thru' of a rally section..

Hi guys!
I wonder if someone could help - I'm after a completed rally section - but in Bob's Track Builder format, which I could use a drive-thru'. I've used BTB, but I'm getting all sorts of problems with adding objects.
Anyone got anything they can spare?
I'd be very grateful!
Thanks in advance,
David Fergus
ps I notice that all uploaded tracks in this forum are rFactor, RBR, etc., whereas I just want a plain and simple BTB drive-thru'!!!

Hi Paul!
To avoid confusion, I am looking for a rally-stage, preferably quite twisty, and in a forest,if possible, but in BTB ie one I can put in "My Projects", and then drive through, alter etc.
As I said, I played around with BTB, but I found it quite buggy, so I'm not able to produce anything worthwhile myself, as per adding objects.

Hope this clears up the confusion!!

David

No - not XPack objects - just a track, preferably forest rally style, and the odd building (but no necessary) for BTB - in other words, NOT converted to RBR or anything else, but still in BTB format, which I can add to my "My Projects" folder.
This is because my BTB software is very buggy, and I can't make one myself!! ps any reasonable length..

Surely, surely, someone has a BTB version of one of the rally tracks uploaded to this forum?!!

All I want is something about 30 secs long (or longer if you have it), which I can stick in my "My Projects" folder (I think that's the right place!) to use in BTB.

Anyone prepared to help out??

Thanks in advance!

David

What Dave204 is talking about is probably a tracks *project files*, chaps.

I would advise to reinstall BTB into a more stable XP install, though. If it's unstable, it's just going to cause you grief no matter what. Heck, you could even do what I do and install it on a Mac virtualisation program - the whole XP install including applications is a file, so once it's stable you can back it up and then re-copy it as many times as you'd like; no more reinstalls needed.

What Dave204 is talking about is probably a tracks *project files*, chaps.

I would advise to reinstall BTB into a more stable XP install, though. If it's unstable, it's just going to cause you grief no matter what. Heck, you could even do what I do and install it on a Mac virtualisation program - the whole XP install including applications is a file, so once it's stable you can back it up and then re-copy it as many times as you'd like; no more reinstalls needed.

Yes now I understand it too, Chinese language is not too easy. I think also Dave like to have some project. But that is not exactly the way how's going, too easy ;)
Dear Dave any idea how much time it cost to create some silly track ?
And then you ask us for our project ?

Well I don't have anything to hide, you may have my project :)
http://members.ziggo.nl/world/rFactor/tracks/Sheep_Valley_2.0.wmv

Hi Andre!
Thanks very much for wmv, but I need the same WITHOUT the cars!!!
Excellent track you have produced, by the way!

Hope you can help,
Many thanks again,
David

Yes now I understand it too, Chinese language is not too easy. I think also Dave like to have some project. But that is not exactly the way how's going, too easy ;)
Dear Dave any idea how much time it cost to create some silly track ?
And then you ask us for our project ?

Well I don't have anything to hide, you may have my project :)

Hi Raido!
Yes, you are quite correct - I'm looking for a BTB project file or folder - just something to drop in my My Projects folder.
I'm using a very stable XP install, so I can't understand the problem with adding objects. But thanks for the advice anyway.
I can't believe I'm the first on here to have such problems BTB seems very buggy - my brother encountered the same on his computer with BTB

I can't help thinking this is a rather odd thread . . .

In your previous post - http://www.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/37815-wanted-wmv-file-track.html - you wanted someone to donate a BTB project file so you could make a movie for an iphone app. The reason was you didn't have the time to do it properly. Andre_1th's reponse seemed to put an end to that thread for some reason. :)

This thread doesn't mention any iphone app, it's because you want someone to let you have their BTB project so you can have a drive through of it because BTB is 'giving you all sorts of problems', 'quite buggy', 'very buggy'. What use doing a drive through on someone else's track would be in solving your objects problem I can't imagine.

If you're genuinely making a track, then surely your first thought would be to ask about what's causing me the problem with objects and how do I solve it? And if you 'can't believe I'm the first on here to have such problems' then just maybe it's you doing something wrong rather than BTB? You'll never know if you don't ask. But you've never once asked about solving your adding objects problem, only for someone to give you their track.

Forgive me, but the words 'ulterior' and 'motive' can't help springing to mind.

I plan to release my project folders for the tracks that I'm working on though.
That is, after they've been released for a while - after that I wouldn't mind if people would make their own add-ons/improvements. Kinda GNU/GPL-license-style.

Hang on a minute - in another section of this forum, you have all sorts of rbr tracks donated/uploaded. All I asked for was the same but in BTB format ie pre-RBR donation/upload. So please, don't get abusive. As for being buggy, I have sorted that problem out by switching to another PC, with a better graphics set-up. I am now creating my own circuit, in my own time, to my own liking. If you notice, this is a thread which is a few days old, as I no longer require any track from someone else (not that anyone bothered to donate anything anyway) - and as for all this rubbish about "considerable time involved" or words to that effect - don't make me laugh, for the sort of 30 second track I was looking for with forests, a child of eight could do it in ten minutes. So, please, go away and play with your baby toys..What a miserable bunch on this forum.
I certainly won't be bothering to post a thread again.

Hang on a minute - in another section of this forum, you have all sorts of rbr tracks donated/uploaded. All I asked for was the same but in BTB format ie pre-RBR donation/upload. So please, don't get abusive. As for being buggy, I have sorted that problem out by switching to another PC, with a better graphics set-up. I am now creating my own circuit, in my own time, to my own liking. If you notice, this is a thread which is a few days old, as I no longer require any track from someone else (not that anyone bothered to donate anything anyway) - and as for all this rubbish about "considerable time involved" or words to that effect - don't make me laugh, for the sort of 30 second track I was looking for with forests, a child of eight could do it in ten minutes. So, please, go away and play with your baby toys..What a miserable bunch on this forum.
I certainly won't be bothering to post a thread again.

chub_pearson - I refer you to this section which you have obviously overlooked as you're too busy being abusive and obnoxious:
http://www.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/16216-upload-your-tracks-xpacks.html
I didn't think I was being abusive and obnoxious, just mildly suspicious. If you'll tell me where I was, then I'll be happy to apologise. I do know that section - and you're very welcome to download and use the XPack I donated.

Hang on a minute - in another section of this forum, you have all sorts of rbr tracks donated/uploaded. All I asked for was the same but in BTB format ie pre-RBR donation/upload. So please, don't get abusive.
Donating/uploading a track is giving anyone access to the finished result. Giving them access to the BTB venue file is giving them access to all aspects of the creation of the track which they can then add to/alter/do anything that they like with. It's a very different thing. Nobody to my knowledge has requested one before.

As for being buggy, I have sorted that problem out by switching to another PC, with a better graphics set-up.
Good, then you admit that 'BTB is very buggy' means you were running it on an inadequate computer.

I am now creating my own circuit, in my own time, to my own liking. If you notice, this is a thread which is a few days old, as I no longer require any track from someone else (not that anyone bothered to donate anything anyway)
If you had only said you no longer required anything from anyone else, I wouldn't have bothered to post :rolleyes:

and as for all this rubbish about "considerable time involved" or words to that effect - don't make me laugh, for the sort of 30 second track I was looking for with forests, a child of eight could do it in ten minutes.
That's great news. So, if a child of eight could do it in ten minutes, how far have you got so far? :)

PS: To the moderators, Please don't ban me for posting this, I just couldn't stop myself!

chub_pearson: As for your silly comment at the end of the post - well, I have a completed forest stage, so no problem there. Which, considering I have a degree in electronic engineering, should be the case anyway.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your degree subject??

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back