Want to use Joystick on Fanatec Wheels for Glancing ?

Tony Winslade

100RPM
I have both Fanatec Clubsport Formula Rim and BMW GT3 Wheel.

Is there anyway way I can use the left side joystick on the wheels for the glancing left/right option in the game?
Being able to use this would be preferable...as I'm sure you would be able to control how far you could glance in any direction....up, down, left or right.....almost Oculus Rift style you could say...

RaceNut

1000RPM
Premium
I would like to be able to use that also but, I believe that was suggested and might be possible in the future.

Aris Teidis

250RPM
(off-topic) Somewhere I have seen there is the possibility to use the side joystick as a mouse (I'll post it if I find it).

Tony Winslade

100RPM
(off-topic) Somewhere I have seen there is the possibility to use the side joystick as a mouse (I'll post it if I find it).

Yes ...that option is in the Fanatec wheel software what you use to calibrate the wheel.
I did try it but it just made the mouse cursor appear on screen while driving ingame....
I'll look into it more see if there is a way round it.

The mouse option is available in the 177 beta driver. I don't have any issues with the cursor staying on screen though. The mouse can be activated / deactivated by pressing the bottom right black button on the wheel.

Edit: The activation button may also be configurable - can't check atm as I'm in the middle of building a new rig.

James Cook

Marcas fan
Yes, I would like to use the mini joystick on my CSR to glance left/right/back. I'm surprised this was overlooked considering the Fanatec relationship with the game.

MerlinC

1RPM
You could use a third party tool (like antimicro) which allows you to send key-strokes when a controller input is detected and assign the keystroke to function in game.

JoelGL

1000RPM
Are we able to add a launch option in Steam to start these 3rd party tools (antimicro or joy2key) when you click Play on a sim?