WANT TO HELP! help me first..

so, as some of you saw for a good while now i am posting my setups and a video in my setup thread, i want to do more of that and have quite some good ideas that will apply to RD club events no matter the sim.
- how to practice for club events, only 30min needed not days or hours.Here i have a few ideas of how to put in practice those 30min, what you need to do and how will that help you for the race
- put up an article with all my setup info, guides, programs,sheets etc for those ho have more than 30min
- have a guide for how to choose your car, thinking here at WTCC,P2/P1, DTM92/13/14/15,GT3 and so on, offcourse some of us choose cars from what they like, i choose car depeding on track and my driving style, good example is DTM92, i love the Audi there but for Sonoma i went with Merc as that suited my driving style and the track better, and will switch to Nissan soon, because POWEEER
- how to keep focus and be consistent, it's not about skill or talent here, everyone can learn how to drive fast
- a few ohters

but i will only put the effort in if there are enough people interested, i may sound like a prick but when arriving home after 20+h of driving i takes a bit of effort to make a video/article or something and i would like to know that it's used and not made for nothing.
I don't search for gratification just want to help people and want the thing to be used

@Kenny Paton if i am not to bold to ask, can you pin this if you think it's a good idea? this will be helpfull for beginner/"slow" drivers from all club events, not just RR

I think a simple track guide each week, driving line, braking points and turn in point video like some of the guys do over at iracing would be more beneficial to new comers/slower drivers.
Its kind of pointless to go straight to a tuning guide if the user doesnt understand racecraft and the driving line giving them a tune set for yourself could possibly make there driving even worse as alot of aliens tend to use very loose low areo setups which will likely be very unstable:)

I usually prepare by doing 5-10 laps using the stock setup learning the cars characteristics like oversteer/understeer than compare my time to someone one the leaderboard, race there ghost to compare driving lines and where i am making or losing time.
For tuning i really dont do to much asides from lowering the rear wing until the car is on the brink of becoming semi unstable in fast turns or heavy breaking areas than i play with the arb for better turn in or stability.
After that its up to the user to understand the cars characteristics, nailing the apex, get on the throttle as early as possible and push the car to its limits!

Understandable :)
Instead of voice what if you just did a slowmotion during braking and turn in, than back to normal speed for on throttle. During the slow mo maybe point out a visual track side object to reference the starting of the braking zone.

Well Mr.C sat in with Lars last week on a rookie trainer and I found some of his comments really useful - Thanks to you both again
At the begining of the session Lars did a nice slow lap indicating a decent line, braking points and the gears he was using for corners.
Mr.C chipped in after riding along in regard to my braking points at some points being too conservative and my gear changes being somewhat quickfire on the downshift. Resulting in some improvement in my times and more importantly my consistency.
Something with line, braking points and gears would be really useful to watch before a race.
I have had several races with you guys but getting up to a consistent pace can be somewhat of a challenge when you approach another new car at another unknown track/layout.

I too do hate my voice when I hear it recorded.. it sounds different in our head isn't it?
However I encourage you to record voice, as it will be easier and clearer to explain what you want.
In any case, thanks a lot for helping us tunning noobs, as said your work is really useful. That can't be done but by you ! :)

I'm for that! :)
I think it will find its "customers", especially if it will be pinned in proper place. Maybe newcomers could receive few helpful links within their confirmation e-mail..
I'm watching your videos with driving-line advices ocassionaly. Would be nice to see pedals bars in those vids, but.. I know. :laugh:
For setups it's better for me have a screenshot within setup file so I can compare mine values first, then try your magic.
I admire your work. Keep it up! :thumbsup:
(..and please change font-style in your intro..:barefoot:)

1. if there is a mod or something that i can show my brake/acc pedal i am all for it
I use this app, but don't know if it works in replay mode.
2. i was thinking of puting a screen cap at the end of the video + dwl link, would that be better, won't take that much time to edit that
Would be awesome! :rolleyes:
3. aaaa.....why?is it that bad?it's Papyrus....i love it, give me a suggestion that i can try
I can live with that. Just do what you like. ;)

I for one love your vids but i think there is something missing in translation from teacher to student. Do remember a couple nights ago i was struggling with the laguna seca track (which i have always hated) and after watching me you told me i was driving it all wrong and you told me to watch you for like just 2 laps. All you did was talk me through what you were doing, 4th gear 5th gear brake here into 4th, 3rd, 2nd coast with a lil throttle and accelerate here. This just clicked for me more so than anything id seen. I think your slowdown in the vids works but think it will be complemented with another lap of you just saying what you're doing at full speed with no slowdown. thanks again for your help that day, amazing coaching. It seems to me you got more power in that voice of yours than you'd like to admit ;).

I for one love your vids but i think there is something missing in translation from teacher to student. Do remember a couple nights ago i was struggling with the laguna seca track (which i have always hated) and after watching me you told me i was driving it all wrong and you told me to watch you for like just 2 laps. All you did was talk me through what you were doing, 4th gear 5th gear brake here into 4th, 3rd, 2nd coast with a lil throttle and accelerate here. This just clicked for me more so than anything id seen. I think your slowdown in the vids works but think it will be complemented with another lap of you just saying what you're doing at full speed with no slowdown. thanks again for your help that day, amazing coaching. It seems to me you got more power in that voice of yours than you'd like to admit ;).
Blushing, thank you

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back