wall export to 3ds max question

D

dampire

• dampire

is there a way just to import a line or spine?

I am making guardrails and the walls in BTB have 4 points and dont have a back side when you unfold them.

Also noticed a problem when you run into the END of these makeshift guardrails I made they will lock your game up giving you 1 fps till you are away from that section.

I am trying to do as much as i can in BTB before i put it in 3ds max and having a line or spine i can loft would be easier than dealing with the current walls.

Suggestions welcome :)

Go to Edit Materials tab,
select your wall texture & check double sided.
make sure you hit ok.

Now your wall should have a back on it.

Haven't had any slowdown with the ends myself.
Anyone else??

If you really need a spline you could reduce a wall to just 2 points & clean up the excess in Max.

Cheers

• dampire

forgot about the magic CTRL button for adding points (would be nice to have the ability to set exact x / y but I can survive by editing the xml I guess).

Thanks for the 2 sided thing . . .

I think the game is bugging out because its an open shape, was a C shape with the back of the C being open, and the car was getting either under the guardrail causing the extreme lag or hitting the end of the guardrail.

Going to lower it a little or put an imaginary wall there.

Here is another question for ya.
At what point does the wall come in contact with the vehicle?
I am noticing it come INTO the car currently. Does this mean it comes in contact at the X value or is it because of the odd shape? I would assume it would contact the car as soon as it touches the surface of the wall.

I'm not sure exactly but i would assume it would collide at first contact with the wall.
It will also be dependant on the collision values on the vehicle.

I also have a wall where the car seems to go inside it but am yet to investigate it properly.
It's from an old 0.4.2.3 project so I'll probably delete it & start over anyway.

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back