W Series: Chadwick Crowned Inaugural Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think that a female-only series will attract women? If they're not interested in motorsport a series for women only won't attract them anyway. I asked my mom and my female friends to watch the Women's World Cup first and then some W-Series races. Well, they were not interested in both, because they're not interested in the sport itself. I don't see how a specific series for women can attract them if they're already not interested in the sport

And again, if they need a specific series made only for them then maybe they're not good enough to shine in the feeder series like F4 or regional F3.
Ok there's 2 things I wanna address with this. The first is it's not gonna make people with no interest in motorsport suddenly want to race but it may make women with an interest more likely to give it a go because now they're seeing women racing and might think they could do it. Also you say they can't compete but for just one example. British GT GT4 champion, MRF Challenge champion and the first female driver to win in British F3 and winner in class at the 2019 Nurburgring 24 hours. Jamie Chadwick has shown she can also compete with the boys. Not all the drivers in W series are good enough to compete but that's the same for most series.

British GT GT4 champion, MRF Challenge champion and the first female driver to win in British F3 and winner in class at the 2019 Nurburgring 24 hours. Jamie Chadwick has shown she can also compete with the boys. Not all the drivers in W series are good enough to compete but that's the same for most series.
Still, why she needed a specific series? Couldn't she take part in the F3 like every other guy?
It's this the point I don't understand. Why she needed a specific series to showcase her talent, the series to showcase your talent already exist, are called feeder series. If she couldn't make it to F3 because she doesn't have the money then she's not different from other thousands of guys who, unlike miss Chadwick, don't have the chance to prove their talent in a specific series that allows them to race for free with media coverage.

If they felt the need to create a specific series for women then they're probably admitting that most of them is not good enough to race against their male counterparts. This is what I get from the W-Series

Last edited:
as was pointed out earlier

the virtue signalling is strong

/facepalm

theres a lot of people here writing their own narrative on whats been said and inferred by people in this thread.

"slagging off" and "negativity towards women"....? nah

(even if the old white men don't want it to).
…….. speechless...…… seriously were going there?

It saddens me to see some of the comments berating women and their abilities when they have been subjected to horrendous discrimination and alienation from male-dominated sports such as motor racing.
......What? no one has done that here, and that's a horrendous reach and accusation to throw about, and at the same time awful virtue signalling. you honestly think any of us condone that sort of thing? get away, this isn't reddit or 4/chan seriously....can we dial it down a bit here what with that, your insistence on bringing race into it for some reason and this:

Does this mean we need to have a championship exclusively for women? Yes it absolutely does. They need to be given the chance to succeed where they haven't in the past.
just make a lot of what youre saying come off as apologist, male feminist nonsense im afraid, especially when we are living in a world where women are on "recruit" difficulty nowadays

none of that has happened, I see a lot of that type of thing though, on here mind, toxicity and berating from members in threads/discussions/bash sessions all the time, or in f1 threads, noone bats an eyelid or checks their behaviour, my word, people will argue that red is blue sometimes around here...…..or if you think Max V is a petulant arrogant little millennial...god help you

but people are losing their minds because there are members expressing their opinion on whether theyre interested or care about this, because "muh women"

this thing only exists BECAUSE of the drivers gender, no one is making it about that but them first and foremost, no one is against women for gods sake, no one has berated anyone, or is being sexist FFS

disclaimer, if there have been ive not seen them as theyre probably already ignored by me, but I doubt there are

on point, yeah, I guess well done to her. don't care

same as I couldn't tell you who won Wimbledon,
why the UFC and Dana in particularly don't like cyborg,
who is considered the best golfer in the world
the rules of cricket,
why Australian football exists,
why they insist on putting the female versions of sports in games now ...…like fifa, but Im not a fan of the male version anyway

but I know its nothing to do with gender, I just aint interested. I find it humorous that people take umbrage with that and want to start waving the flags and beating the drums.

Last edited:
Some of you folks want to live your lives looking through 'rose-colored' glasses.
That's entirely up to you... but the facts and sheer numbers suggest the series is needed.
This isn't about girls not being able to compete on a level playing field.
Heck!... I know plenty of women who'd drive circle around many of the guys here at RD ...or anywhere else for that matter if given the opportunity.
Are they ready for F1? ....No. Is anybody right from the word 'go'? ...again very few.
It is a discipline...much like any other, which you must compete in regularly to become good at.
Some of you guys seem to be taking this whole thing rather personal...to the point of anger.
I find that behavior rather sad, quite frankly.
The 'W-Series' is not just about female viewers.
As I stated in my earlier post....I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Any guy secure in his masculinity and who loves motorsport, should.

Last edited:
Agree. Don’t really understand the angst. Again, this is just a move to see if it’s possible to attract more women to the sport. No, it won’t work for every woman obviously. Men are still going to outnumber women behind the wheel and in front of the TV.

But for those women that might be interested , the W Series is an attempt to promote the sport to them and break down the stereotype that Motorsport is solely for men. Maybe it’ll work, maybe it won’t. But worth a try, no?

All i can say is Michelle Mouton and Ellen Lohr, who competed in absolute top classes before many of the folks here were even born. they fought their way through the system, when it was all males and even the press team was all male.

Any guy secure in his masculinity and who loves motorsport, should.
JESUS CHRIST!
im done here

All i can say is Michelle Mouton and Ellen Lohr, who competed in absolute top classes before many of the folks here were even born. they fought their way through the system, when it was all males and even the press team was all male.

JESUS CHRIST!
im done here
...As well you should be.
It is completely asinine to have this much anger over something which could potentially make the sport more inclusive.

I don't see what's going to change. Chadwick won the series: most people had already heard of her (so no raise in her profile), and she was already tipped to win, so nothing was proven :O_o:. Even if the profile of all the other drivers has been raised, they have just shown that they are not good enough to win even this series with almost all of their obstacles removed.

I just don't see how segregation is going to lead to inclusion :unsure:

How many black drivers are there in Formula 1? Certainly not enough to fairly represent their proportion of society, so should we have B-Series too? How about autistic people? A-Series, anyone? Hey, we could probably have a new series for every letter of the alphabet and ensure that everyone is represented :sneaky:

I think it's quite obvious why there are so few women in motor racing, and it's probably the same reason that there are so few men in rhythmic gymnastics or synchronised swimming ;)

I don't see what's going to change. Chadwick won the series: most people had already heard of her (so no raise in her profile), and she was already tipped to win, so nothing was proven :O_o:. Even if the profile of all the other drivers has been raised, they have just shown that they are not good enough to win even this series with almost all of their obstacles removed.

I just don't see how segregation is going to lead to inclusion :unsure:

How many black drivers are there in Formula 1? Certainly not enough to fairly represent their proportion of society, so should we have B-Series too? How about autistic people? A-Series, anyone? Hey, we could probably have a new series for every letter of the alphabet and ensure that everyone is represented :sneaky:

I think it's quite obvious why there are so few women in motor racing, and it's probably the same reason that there are so few men in rhythmic gymnastics or synchronised swimming ;)

well according to the PC brigade there's about 50 or so "genders" now so we need a championship for the rest of them as well!

Well, at least if nothing else, this thread has proved that we will always have people who vehemently believe that if you aren't into or actively supporting LITERALLY EVERYTHING to do with females or you simply don't care, you're a sexist misogynist pig.
And that even though literally nothing that they describe happening or was said, actually happened, it wont stop them from saying it did, because, you know, got to make people whos opinion differs from yours look bad ay?

Men and women are different, they can both excel in many different things. Women can excel in some motorsports I am sure. In the end money is the determining factor. If a womens only series gets financial support or gains an audience it will continue. If not, it will perish. Supply and demand will win in the end. A W series may help shift motorsports to include more females but we will see.
The idea proposed by many that men and women are equal in every way (physically and emotionally) is ridiculous, even if it is PC. I am for equal opportunity, but not pandering. I decided to delete final line of my post in the interest of keeping the peace and because this isnt the place to discuss such things. But it was already quoted

Last edited:
Why does this always happen with W series. It's neat concept that could be beneficial in the long run but if nothing else it's more racing to watch. It doesn't need to turn into this stupid back and forth every single time. At this point no one is going to be saying anything that hasn't been said before. Can we instead focus on the actual racing, the championship, the great work that Chadwick has done this season to take the championship, the impressive run at the end of the season by Kimiläinen showing that were it not for injury she could have been a real threat for the title. Honestly we don't need this constant bs every time the series comes up. Just enjoy the racing

Some of the responses are so irony-filled, I don't know where to begin...
"How many black drivers are there in Formula 1? Certainly not enough to fairly represent their proportion of society, so should we have B-Series too?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If they felt the need to create a specific series for women then they're probably admitting that most of them is not good enough to race against their male counterparts. This is what I get from the W-Series"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the point would be what? Would love to see Chadwick and some serious male drivers in a race and see who'll kick whose ass. The point is simple, men and women are equal right? Nobody would say the contrary. Then put them in the same series. It's not men that needed a male-only series to show their talent. If those girls needed a specific series then maybe most of them couldn't make the cut in F3 or whatever series, and if you can't make the cut I don't see why you need a specific series made for you, especially when the goal is F1.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole idea behind the series is to heighten profiles and increase the visibility in what is currently a very male-dominated sport...one you simply don't get into without lots of money and backing.
Lewis Hamilton being the exception on the money part.
The reason you only see one black driver in F1, isn't because there aren't another couple of 'Lewis' out there.
It is because of the lack of...dare I say it....exposure.
That's what the 'W-Series' aims to do for them.
How many of those women do you believe have the funds to go racing on their own?
On that third highlighted point, heck he already knows they're no good...so "why do they need a specific series."
If this were opened up to men, in a few weeks all the women would be pushed out precisely because of the very mindset I'm seeing here.
If they weren't finishing first or second immediately, they'd be perceived as horrible or unworthy...even before they had a chance to season their race-craft.
It would automatically....and incorrectly be assumed that they couldn't compete or that they were somehow inferior at motorsport.
Ask Michele Mouton and Ponds about that...yes...you brought her up, so let's go there.
Ask the guys whose a**es she kicked, once she got out of that Fiat and picked up by Audi.
That is the harsh reality

Last edited:
It would have been nice if we could just have dealt with the topic instead of going over the same arguments as all the other W series threads.
tenor (8).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back