W Series: Chadwick Crowned Inaugural Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, and it is going to be so much easier for a average female driver to get any sponsors compared to a better than average male driver.
This is something I'm hoping W series can actually help with. because now we've seen which drivers have at least some potential. If any of them are good enough to get to F1 some day remains to be seen but at least we know the drivers like Chadwick, Visser, Powell and Kimiläinen are at least somewhat deserving of sponsorships unlike drivers like Carmen Jorda. I think as long as this is treated like a stepping stone somewhere on par with national F3 series it could be good, the problem arises if they try to make it an alternative to F1. What they can actually do in the big leagues is something we'll have to wait and see but given some of her other racing outside of W Series it would seem that Chadwick has good bit of talent.

I don't get why people want an F1 seat for Chadwick. Why? Why Chadwick and not a random guy from F3?
A female series doesn't prove anything. If you really want to prove that men=women in motorsport just put them together, the best wins. No need to create a specific series for women, a series that allows them to race for free, while thousands of young guys can't get the money to race probably. If we want gender equality then we need same conditions for everybody

Would love to see some of you in a race and Jamie mop the floor with you

And the point would be what? Would love to see Chadwick and some serious male drivers in a race and see who'll kick whose ass. The point is simple, men and women are equal right? Nobody would say the contrary. Then put them in the same series. It's not men that needed a male-only series to show their talent. If those girls needed a specific series then maybe most of them couldn't make the cut in F3 or whatever series, and if you can't make the cut I don't see why you need a specific series made for you, especially when the goal is F1.

If this is the general consensus tell me where are all the male race drivers hiding because I have not heard a peep or any negativity from them.
I guess you don't know how the world works. Or at least the world where you're a public figure. Politically correct runs the world, know that. You will never see a public figure saying "W series is unfair, put them together"

I don't recall anybody here actually saying "I could drive better" or even implying that.
no one here is a pro driver,
she is,
it probably stands to reason shed be better, but im sure, much like anybody of any gender, theres a multitude of things that anyone on here can do or does professionally , that she wouldn't be able to, regardless of her genitals,

its more, not only are people not interested, they are finding it hard to understand why we are guilted by some people in to feeling bad because we don't necessarily see the point, or banner wave/virtue signal, when we aren't on board with something that is so ridiculously skewed AGAINST the whole equality thing and showing everybody to be equal etc or having to base anything on gender. as the walker put it so well above, if you need a special series created, based around your gender, youre not really proving anything and perhaps aren't quite up to scratch to get in the top tier. I would of course be open to being proven wrong at any stage by any number of females.

old news

I can probably safely say, most of us here, are actually very respectful, caring, loving and behind women and the women in our lives, and hold full and total respect for them, their equality of opportunity and what they mean to us and probably have for at least (in my case anyway) 40 years, and get a bit sick and tired, of being lectured in how to behave around or think about women, by people who are just trying to hammer some sort of political point home
I got called sexist once because I said "no I don't like womens golf or tennis" when quizzed on the subject.
it didn't matter that I also made it clear I cant stand the male variants, or cricket, or snooker...people just want to throw names about

I had a friend in the army once, and a really poor recruit we were training, accused him of being racist.....

the friend was married to a "women of colour" and had 3 lovely kids, one of which was adopted, and was a "child of colour". of course, this didn't matter, and he wasn't at all being racist anyway, there was an investigation (as there always is) and the lad made it up, he was embarrassed at being shown up for being useless is all

but hey, virtue signallers gotta virtue signal yeah? it seems nowadays its easier for people to just rant at you for your interests/beliefs rather than say "you know what, I don't agree, but hey, youre entitled to your opinion, im not going to change that clearly and I respect that"

yeah that's a wall of text. don't read it if you don't want to, no skin off my nose

Last edited:
I'd like to remind some people here that the point of the W series is not to promote a driver straight to F1 but to create an opportunity to promote a female driver to the feeder series (F3, F2) and eventually, to F1.

Hopefully, Jamie Chadwick will get a seat in F3 next season and we'll see then...

I ranted ? :)

Drag Racing is good example what women can achieve

Making F1 as some measurement is funny to me, women in NHRA have won over 100 events and titles
and that's all because they were given the opportunity and time to nurture and are treated as equals no
quarter given

Formula-E want audience they missed the boat not developing female talent from day 1, now they 6 years behind

I don't get why there is so much of the negativity against this woman...and indeed this series.
Motorsport is largely dominated by us...men.
The sheer numbers are always going to make it difficult for women to get a second look... furthermore a drive.
Somebody comes along and gives them the opportunity to showcase a bit of their talent and suddenly, we have guys 'slagging' them off. That's not good for motorsport.
It is not good at all.

I think we’re missing the point here. This isn’t really about given women an unfair advantage and an early seat in F1. Its about attracting women to the sport. Right now motor sports is largely for men, watched by men. We’d probably all agree that having a better balance of (equally skilled) men and women in the sport would be desirable, but today most women would automatically assume that motor sports “isn’t for them”. Maybe - maybe - the W Series can help change that.

I don't get why there is so much of the negativity against this woman...and indeed this series.
Motorsport is largely dominated by us...men.
The sheer numbers are always going to make it difficult for women to get a second look... furthermore a drive.
Somebody comes along and gives them the opportunity to showcase a bit of their talent and suddenly, we have guys 'slagging' them off. That's not good for motorsport.
It is not good at all.
I think we’re missing the point here. This isn’t really about given women an unfair advantage and an early seat in F1. Its about attracting women to the sport. Right now motor sports is largely for men, watched by men. We’d probably all agree that having a better balance of (equally skilled) men and women in the sport would be desirable, but today most women would automatically assume that motor sports “isn’t for them”. Maybe - maybe - the W Series can help change that.
Exactly.

The more we have young women and girls being at least somewhat exposed to this, they will see that there are females actually competing in motorsport. Few will be interested I'm sure (my partner can't stand motorsport), but there will be some who are.

Just knowing it's out there is enough for more young women to get involved. Does this mean we need to have a championship exclusively for women? Yes it absolutely does. They need to be given the chance to succeed where they haven't in the past.

Here in Australia we had the women's AFL start up a couple of years ago. The amount of sexism and disgusting comments that followed made me ashamed to be Australian. Now it's just finished it's second season and the level of performance has improved 10 fold, the number of little girls signing up for grass roots footy clubs has sky rocketed and the culture is shifting (even if the old white men don't want it to).

They need role models to exist in the first place, and to do that, they need to be given the chance.

It saddens me to see some of the comments berating women and their abilities when they have been subjected to horrendous discrimination and alienation from male-dominated sports such as motor racing.

I think it's great they're getting publicity. It will grow the fanbase of our favourite sport: Motorsport. :)

As good as Chadwick is she isn't ready for F1 yet. Very few drivers are ever ready at this point in their career. She needs to move on to F3 next if she can get a seat. Get some more experience. Maybe a couple years from now we'll see her in the picture for an F1 seat but bringing her up this early would only hurt her career.
Move her straight up to F2 so that she can compete with Calderon at the back, as well as the other multiple drivers who aren't nearly good enough.

W Series = Big fish, small pond.

Would love to see some of you in a race and Jamie mop the floor with you

Irrelevant. She's competing for a seat in F1 eventually (apparently), the highest level of motor racing, not a spot on a weekly event with us RD muppets.

If this is the general consensus tell me where are all the male race drivers hiding because I have not heard a peep or any negativity from them.

Because it goes without saying that the guys she'll more or less match in pace, is not even worth talking about for F1. Nobody's talking about them because they're insignificant. Or, at the very least, she hasn't had the chance to do that yet because she hasn't shone against any level of male competition that's worth mentioning yet.

The only reason she's being talked about, is exactly because of her gender.

You really think that a female-only series will attract women? If they're not interested in motorsport a series for women only won't attract them anyway. I asked my mom and my female friends to watch the Women's World Cup first and then some W-Series races. Well, they were not interested in both, because they're not interested in the sport itself. I don't see how a specific series for women can attract them if they're already not interested in the sport

I'd like to remind some people here that the point of the W series is not to promote a driver straight to F1 but to create an opportunity to promote a female driver to the feeder series (F3, F2) and eventually, to F1.

Hopefully, Jamie Chadwick will get a seat in F3 next season and we'll see then...
And again, if they need a specific series made only for them then maybe they're not good enough to shine in the feeder series like F4 or regional F3.

horrendous discrimination and alienation
what'?????????
everybody and their mama wants to have a female driver cause it would guarantee a lot of money from sponsors.
And are men not allowed to have their own spaces? must everything cater to a dozen women? and maybe those women who watch motorsports watch it for the cool guys and cause it is only men?

this whole "discrimination" talk is absurd, especially since everything caters to women in society.

(even if the old white men don't want it to).

Why exactly have you brought race into this? Because if you want to talk misogyny and the REAL maltreatment of women then "white men" are FAR from the worse on this planet.

But of course if you think child rape and FGM are not as bad as men not wanting women to play sports then fair enough.

what'?????????
everybody and their mama wants to have a female driver cause it would guarantee a lot of money from sponsors.
And are men not allowed to have their own spaces? must everything cater to a dozen women? and maybe those women who watch motorsports watch it for the cool guys and cause it is only men?

this whole "discrimination" talk is absurd, especially since everything caters to women in society.
You could not be more wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years