Cars Work stopped on - W.I.P. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod is different than the existing "Gentle Mind Performance Japan Pack" R33?

I'm slowly (when I had too much of the Caterham and just want to blast something online on modding enabled servers) building a balanced race/tuner (Mine's, Amuse, Feed, etc. as seen on Hot Version/Best Motoring) class of R34, Supra, RX7 and looking if there are some R32/R33/R34 and other Jap cars models to use. Most of the time what I find is people stealing them from other games which then makes it not distributable on RD or other more popular places for the mod to be used by anyone but very few.

I have to first finish all the Cats we have and Ben may spontaneously add. But after that I have this mod open to ask about the model later. Finding suspension data is near impossible, someone literally has to measure it (very very accurately) and publish those numbers online, dampers you will never find IMHO only the damper maker knows the precise forces and speeds and has the damper graph/curve. Springs are easy to find they are all over HV/BM videos (for the tuner cars).

Right now there exists R33 drift with some custom 3rd party suspension that I guess they may also bolt on onto the real R33 for drifting.
And then the civilian four R33 variants but they may be a Forza converted model, I don't know, will have to ask when it comes to it. But that mod has not been used online and is not on RD as far as I know. No idea how accurate they made the suspension. I drove it only a few times but many mods have sound issues or other issues that make them not enjoyable to me and physics wise I refuse to drive rubbish and want to change it and for that I don't have the time to be editing so many cars at once. I already have something like 7 Caterhams to keep in order.

Physics wise I can help out but not anytime soon probably.

Thanks a lot JackCY :)

I should few weeks ago have posted updates here on the WIP stats, the physics has advanced a lot in the last month. Arch is working on it. And he has also done a lot for other versions like S1, Drift, Time Attack and some others specs. His works is pretty much done now.

Thanks to NismoAsh and MisterCognac for finding data and suspension geometry measurements. The help for these Skylines data was so close all this time.
Credits also to Kade and abbo90 for physics help

Also this R33 model has no relation to any other existing Skyline mod or any unauthorized third party works.

WIP Updates:

Lods
43029899365_3f3fcfe953_o.jpg

Poly count (Triangles):
Main 3D Model - 288K (With HR Cockpit) and 175K (With LR Cockpit)
Lod B - 31K
Lod C - 15K
Lod D - 4K

I can still do more optimizations if its too high for AC standards

GT-R Stock
43886764102_60d5762159_o.jpg

43886767522_06f9e574a8_o.jpg

GTS25t Stock
43886764762_396f4acc15_o.jpg

43886766322_eb3bdaaa5d_o.jpg

GT-R (S1) with modeled parts based on the Nissan's OEM R33 Optional Catalog
http://www.r33gt-r.com/p/nissan-oem-catalog-1995-r33-skyline.html

43886771432_76afff9963_o.jpg

Soon...
43029917925_c717d73cd2_o.jpg

At this moment what is delayed are my 3D/2D works, too many R33 to do :p

My goal so far is to release only the Stocks and if possible to include some S1 or drift in the first public release pack. Then I'll continue working on the more complex models as the Time Attack GTR.

Thanks a lot JackCY :)

I should few weeks ago have posted updates here on the WIP stats, the physics has advanced a lot in the last month. Arch is working on it. And he has also done a lot for other versions like S1, Drift, Time Attack and some others specs. His works is pretty much done now.

Thanks to NismoAsh and MisterCognac for finding data and suspension geometry measurements. The help for these Skylines data was so close all this time.
Credits also to Kade and abbo90 for physics help

Also this R33 model has no relation to any other existing Skyline mod or any unauthorized third party works.

WIP Updates:

Lods
43029899365_3f3fcfe953_o.jpg

Poly count (Triangles):
Main 3D Model - 288K (With HR Cockpit) and 175K (With LR Cockpit)
Lod B - 31K
Lod C - 15K
Lod D - 4K

I can still do more optimizations if its too high for AC standards

GT-R Stock
43886764102_60d5762159_o.jpg

43886767522_06f9e574a8_o.jpg

GTS25t Stock
43886764762_396f4acc15_o.jpg

43886766322_eb3bdaaa5d_o.jpg

GT-R (S1) with modeled parts based on the Nissan's OEM R33 Optional Catalog
http://www.r33gt-r.com/p/nissan-oem-catalog-1995-r33-skyline.html

43886771432_76afff9963_o.jpg

Soon...
43029917925_c717d73cd2_o.jpg

At this moment what is delayed are my 3D/2D works, too many R33 to do :p

My goal so far is to release only the Stocks and if possible to include some S1 or drift in the first public release pack. Then I'll continue working on the more complex models as the Time Attack GTR.

Wow man! Super impressive and looks absolutely great! Proportions, details, materials, even the plates and color tone of plastics, signals and rims. Keep at it, this is epic.

I will keep the 3D this way then, I had this concern to polyscount by seeing cars through the Content Manager so well detailed and with almost 80k tris less than the R33. lol Although the official models of the last patch have a similar count

Thanks @stingray_SIX_TWO :)
I see than you have done an amazing job, very detailed with E31 too.

Still I want to try that kind of comparison using a real car picture vs 3D model like you do. I just hope my 3D is accurate enough so I dont have to do a big rework on it.

Much of what I did for the 3D looks better and more accurate in its shapes is due to the help I got from MisterCognac, I have mentioned other times here he made a lot measurements in his GTR. Some parts however are tricky to have an accurate result using basic tools (tape-measure). But it saved me a lot of time and headache when dealing with Blueprints so off. And also tons of HQ pictures, few i used to textures an get a approximate color tone for each carbody part

***WIP STATS:

3D model and Physics for the base models GT-R and GTS25t (no S1 or drift) are like 98% done (2% to something that may need a rework)
Then a little more work for the interior textures, and dirt and damage still need to be done.

Sounds ... Still without an estimate of when it will be ready to finally I be able to release this mod, our plans for the R33 is that it has its own sounds instead of KS' content like R34' sounds,
I don't know if it would be correct to release a mod with DLC content, but these 34's sound are already widely used in several Nissans car mods, this mod would be DLC dependent, and we also need something new - exclusive.

A request, Are any 2D artist interested in helping us with textures for damage, dirt, tyres sidewalls, possible improvements in the current textures and/or textures management, thing-like? /PM me

I even could do something that was 'good' visually, but since I'm using all the my free time with 3D only, a help with textures could save me a lot of time. Even because are at least 4 R33 models very different from each other. Keeping in mind that this mod will be free

Soon, I may also need of a skins creator to help me for more livery options for the tuned models, but I don't have a 'OK' 3D for these models so far, Drift and Time Attack i mean.

This mod is putting all my modeling skills to the test
44392676201_87b269e09c_o.jpg

I could post more pictures of the most recent work, but this post is already too long
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132038952@N06/

44392676201_87b269e09c_o.jpg

I could post more pictures of the most recent work, but this post is already too long
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132038952@N06/

Lower right inside door sill there's an edge that is probably not supposed to be this far up :)

Probably had it selected by accident while manipulating sth else.

Anyway, dude you even modeled the inside sheet metal? That is mental. It's like you built the actual car only in 3D :laugh:. As for the photo matching I'm about to reintroduce that to my workflow to finalize exterior shape. Thing with the tris and detail level is I didn't know how the model would come out in AC using different subsurf settings. Turns out even without any subdivision it looks way better than expected except in areas that obviously need more geometry (wheel wells etc.).

Since I now know that a) Blender exports render settings for subdivision to FBX and b) AC is really good at smoothly rendering even low geometry surfaces I'll now photomatch my geometry until it looks good with the export settings in Blender's viewport. Without any subdivision my entire exterior has ~92k but I'm still missing door handles, mirrors and wipers plus some tiny details like jack pickup point covers, sealings and trim covers and so on. Not sure how you modeled the R33 but it makes perfect sense that at this point of completion any large scale reduction of geometry is tricky - with or without subdivision.

Don't worry about the photomatching though - you got it captured perfectly. As they say 'if it looks right it is right' and this LOOKS RIGHT!! :D

Thanks for sharing these insights. Would love to lend a hand on the 2D piece but I simply have no time at all...

Hey, this is Arch, the physics developer for Ma7heus' R33 Skyline.

We've been working hard these past months to get the cars out. I can't give details when that will be or what it will entail, but today I will talk a little bit about what you can expect in terms of physical fidelity.

Up until the R34's release, the systems present in AC were simply inadequate to simulate even a poor imitation of the ATTESA, and HICAS was completely impossible. That's changed after KS implemented AWD2 controllers and 4WS controllers. Sadly, they never fully used the possibilities.

A lot of the car's AWD controller curves are based on manuals and technical documents. Luckily the very important ones, such as the G-direction control, are available and I believe them to be truthful, judging by the performance.

The main star of the pack will be the R33 Skyline GT-R V-spec, featuring what I believe to be at the very least a faithful imitation of the ATTESA and HICAS systems, according to their real world operating principles. The core functionality is the same as in the actual car.
The R33 GTS-25T's Active rear differential has also received adequate treatment, and will function differently from a mechanical differential.

For those of you who like tuner cars or drift cars, we have some of that too. I won't provide any details, but we are thinking intently about every change we make and I have gathered as much specific data for parts as I can. I'm proud to say that only a small percentage of physical aspects of the suspension and engines are "educated guessing".
What exactly the extent of this will be is a secret that will be revealed later.

As physics developer for the cars, I am working closely with Ma7heus to make sure the visuals of the cars line up with the physics and I am giving him advice on what to include and why. Ideally nothing you can see is added on for the sake of looking cool, and it should have a reasonable effect on the physical characteristics.
That includes painstakingly finding data for masses and calculating/estimating center of gravity and relative position on the wheelbase for just about nearly every object that's in the interior of the car. There are some good possibilities to be realized with this car.

What we have done will be revealed at a later date. If you do have any questions specifically about the physical aspects, I will answer what I can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years