(w.i.p) Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing

Pre release can be found here
==============================================================

What is new or changed in v0.99 (March 3rd 2015)?

- basic drag increased, so a little reduced top speed
- the range for the downforce is reduced, as it had too much of it
- new tire models for the slick and endurance tyre.
- improved some textures.
- added a new upgrade feature.

Enjoy!! :)

==============================================

What is new in version 0.95: (Jun 17th 2014)

- updated physics, car is softer, so more grip on the rear.
- centered the left rear brake disc.
- adjusted the tire change, refueling and driver swap times to more realistic ones.
- added new skins which were made by our member Joao Fernandes :thumbsup:

Still to do:
- static shadows on the template
- driver animation
- camera positions
- head position of the driver and the head...

==============================================

Update v0.92 (Jun 5th 2014):

- update the engine, which should now have the performance of the Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
- the standard eye point is more forward.
- added an ALT skin from Rebellion Racing, so not everyone needs to drive a black car. :)

===============================================
Info:
After the Pescarolo 2008 LMP car I started working on my next model.
Again a prototype, this time the LOLA B12/60 used by Rebellion Racing in the FIA WEC.

Here some screenies of the WIP:
GRAB_033_zpsb1dfabd6.jpg
GRAB_036_zps4ca7f2e5.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha10_zps77a8f5f3.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha8_zps8659b6d7.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha9_zps0ab9b021.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha11_zps341c67f6.jpg

buttonboxcopy_zps79763c67.jpg

sneekpreviewwip_zpsf0684ac5.jpg

The work on the cockpit is almost done. Got some problems with the COCKPIT instance whichh doesn't seem to work. If that is done/fixed . I need to make the rpm leds on the steering wheel work and finally the lights, so night driving is possible too. :)

I have done some work on the sounds inside the cockpit, but I could use some help on that.
If someone could help me with that that would be very much appriciated and you will be in the credits.
The sounds need to be from a Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
If you can help me, please pm me. :)

I am thinking about releasing this as open source aswell as soon as it's released.

Last edited:
Pre-release here!

Have a nice weekend!!! :)

Finally I had some time to test this car and hats of to you Stefan. Really great job the only thing I didn't like was the pixely graphic I could see on the inside of my front wheel arches and I felt the driver was sitting quite far back in the default postion, so it is just tiny things.

The car around Silverstone seems to be around 3 seconds slower than the Audi R18, but with a 1.50 still some way off the 1:43s they did this year in the Rebellion. Of course I didn't have a brilliant setup and a lot of practice, but would be interesting to know where the real car is faster, because it is bloody fast through the corners (faster than the Audi).

I wrote now some lines about what is not perect and for the rest I just have to say it is just brilliant. The FFB is much better than on the Audi, which nearly ripped my hands of on the hanger straight.The car reacts nice to setup changes and it is very communicative. You can really feel what is going on. In the Audi you have a lot of moments where you are going off without seeing it coming. In this it feels all very nice and you can catch a slide, but be warned, if you go offline in fast corners this car is a real diva :D

After some laps on high fuel and trying a low and high downforce setup (high downforce seemed to be better for Silverstone). I took the fuel out to see what it can do in qualy trim and even here the car responds well to the lower weight and you can really feel, that the car is on low fuel in every situation.

I really hope we use this in the WEC club, because the Audi feels like unfinished rF1 stuff and this feels like a polished rF2 car and it is just a pre-release.

With the high downforce setup the top speed was pretty low compared to the Audi, but it is even faster in the corners.

Did a small video of a quick lap with all assists OFF (had one big mistake into brooklance) and it looks a lot slower on the replay compared to when you are driving :D

P.S. Thanks again @Stefan Woudenberg you really made my day today. Can't wait to race this beast.

LMP1 results of the 6h at Silverstone.
Looks like you have 3 sec to find with a good race setup. :)
Yep and I was on qualy trim, so it is more around 4 seconds. I looked at the qualy results from 2014 and they did a 1.43.6 in qualy, so thats around 6,5 seconds :D

I found some data on the top speed and with the high downforce setup, which I used in the video I am missing around 20kph top speed. I found the speed trap figures on the FIA homepage:

http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/

Thanx Freddy, your remarks have been noticed. I am happy you like it so far. :)

The engine lacks a bit of power and I noticed I put the wrong V8 in there....:p
The update will include the more powerfull engine which should match the Toyota V8. :) Maybe that is why you miss those last seconds from real life. :)

Also I will improve the "darkness" inside the frontwheel arches.

:thumbsup:

Thanx Freddy, your remarks have been noticed. I am happy you like it so far. :)

The engine lacks a bit of power and I noticed I put the wrong V8 in there....:p
The update will include the more powerfull engine which should match the Toyota V8. :) Maybe that is why you miss those last seconds from real life. :)

Also I will improve the "darkness" inside the frontwheel arches.

:thumbsup:
More power, that is what every driver loves to hear :D

Will be interesting how the car will handle that on low speed. So far it is pretty save at low speed, if you treat the throttle with a bit of respect :D

One big plus compared to the Audi is the visibility. Still looks realistic, but at least I can see where I am going ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back