Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Only place I can see to make up any time is the first downhill left into the sharp right..too fast of an entry will start to tank slap then its grass time

I flirted with a 58, until the last corner. lol. But, I will say, the track is perfect for these cars. I was worried it would be too short, but it's not. It's also very fast and very old school. That's a great combination, IMO. Also very dangerous. :O_o:. You would not think so in these cars, but damn. Eric, it's not only grass time for me if I take that kink in 5th the wrong way (which is the fastest to me) but wall time too. Also after the first hard right, the next right can be tricky (don't put too low a ride height in) because you have to cut that corner with at least 1/2 of your car flat out to be fast. And if you are just a tiiiiiiiiiiiny bit off, it's BUMP....then "oh s*it'

I agree with Peter here. This is hard to do, and tips are always good, even if other factors come into play. You can always have the best possible setup for your situation. Work on the other stuff in time and then tweak the setup as you change other settings or hardware. This chart is a great tool: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=203382&d=1431978380

Very good point. And also, remember that pits are not completely fixed. What happens is that you get soft tires no matter what you select in your pit strategy. This might explain why anyone experiences different tire wear after you pit. I think Michael said his tires "were shot" toward the end of the race. He also mentioned that he "was running mediums on the front" but did not mention that they were softs at the end. Maybe this is the reason for that little surprise. This is also why endurance racing is not completely in the SIM world yet. The more pits you have, the less like real life it becomes when you can't select your tire compounds.
I printed out that little chart today.. very helpful aid.

You know I completely forgot about the issue of only one compound of slicks being available in the pits. Wonder when(if) that will be fixed.

The Ginetta may flurish here but it may not be as good as the Aston's straightline speed at Road America, and Watkins Glen. You have to look at the overall. The Bentley's struggled at Outlon Park in the GT3 and the BMW was just about flawless. The Ginetta vs Aston comparison is roughly the same.

The Ginetta may flurish here but it may not be as good as the Aston's straightline speed at Road America, and Watkins Glen. You have to look at the overall. The Bentley's struggled at Outlon Park in the GT3 and the BMW was just about flawless. The Ginetta vs Aston comparison is roughly the same.

I'm not sure you can compare engine parts with humans behind the wheel. I'm not going to beat Peter much of anywhere, but definitely not in an open wheel car that is identical.

So that single compound issue has been resolved now?

I guess for Michael it has. But for others, it's a known issue. I'm sure it will say ""medium" even though it's soft if there is a real bug.

Sometimes you have to stay out of the xbox area because they tend to ignore the kiddies. I have asked for clarification because even though they have labeled the thread, they have not put the issue on the official list.

I don't think so.. I think I got a medium tire, but I was too busy racing to check my telemetry. the Competition was too tight to focus on anything but hitting my marks.. LOL

So, how do you know you got a medium? I was assuming it was because it appeared that way in the telemetry, but you said you didn't look at it. Personally, I would never have really caught this just by feel, which is why SMS labeling it as a "known issue" kind of shocked me.

Remember when we all thought the tire issue was simple...just fix the me getting stuck in the pits dammit! But the real issue was actually the A.I. That's why I think it's hard to know where the actual bug lies, or if what you see is in fact real.

So, how do you know you got a medium? I was assuming it was because it appeared that way in the telemetry, but you said you didn't look at it. Personally, I would never have really caught this just by feel, which is why SMS labeling it as a "known issue" kind of shocked .
I dont know.Im just reporting what I do know. More testing is needed. But you can see compounds and real time pressures in telemetry. They fixed overheating tires and adjusting fuel levels. But on the fly adjustments dont work. I do know that.

No I mean, for Pits, if you try to change something in your Pit strategy while on Pit Lane it still doesn't take effect until next pit. The only adjustments I use on the fly is my Brake Bias.

Damn. Where do you find the buttons? I have look right and left, look back, change view, lights, wipers, telemetry, motec, and pause and start (which does something in car but I forget). Don't think I have any more left....

I gave up on the pit changes long ago. Too much about the pits are broken, and they have enough problems simply getting the cars stopped and started. This is why endurance racing is doable but not ideal. Hopefully, for this series and F1, pits will not ruin a race. Besides, it's only an endurance race for the cars, as the drivers are time limited per shift.

Sorry guys for leaving the race after the frist corner.
I had a very busy Day and for that concentration problems.
I made for myself also the conclusies that this league is to high for me.
I will Watch the forum What will happens the second season and maybe i step in for season two.
Sorry for this but when different is to big the fun is going to fast away.
So i will give my place to a beter one
Thanks for the short time i May race with you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%