Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I do think the wheel matters. @Peter Hooper seems to have similar issues and my tires are taking a pounding in certain cars now. They massively increased wear, as they should have, with the last patch, on many cars. GT3 was a prime offender.
Camber should affect wear, but it clearly does not, as your race seems to point out. 0 camber should greatly reduce wear, but it did not. Even though you were likely to see more wear anyway, 0 camber should help enough to notice. What it is supposed to do is make you a bit faster on the straight. I'm going to check that out sometime and see if that's true. If not, it's just shot completely.

yeah Brian, seat time will improve laptimes more than just about any adjustment you can do. When you do these Endurance races, you will learn the track and usually you'll see your laptimes drop on pure experience alone. Once you know the track you know where you need to make adjustments in the car. Whether you sliding your front wheels into the corner, or spinning your rears on exit. You will be able to diagnose those issues and address them individually. But every car is different so not every adjustment works the same for every car. There are some general adjustments but the important thing is you know the track first.
BTW @Robert Waddell, when I ran the 0 camber I could see on the Telemetry that the tire temps were even all across. So yeah tire wear is still and issue for me on the LF but I think a lot of that has to deal with the wheel. Because me and Nasty run very similar if not the same setups and his tires suffer much less wear than mine. Only difference is driver and TX wheel. Since we run similar lap times I can't be pushing the car that much harder.
I agree with Robert in the fact that car setup is a very individual thing, we all have our own styles and therefore using other people's setup is rarely going to give you exactly what you want. However, individual tips from people to help cure a particular problem (over \ understeer, heating tyres, etc) is always good as it makes sure you are looking at the right things to adjust and you don't go off altering something that won;t hel your particular problem but might introduce a new one. You will find that the guys here are great for that and always will ing to offer help even if you are a direct competition to them :thumbsup:

As Michael has indicated you cannot beat seat time to get the best results in the car. I would rather spend an hour behind the wheel just learning the nuances of both the car and track, experimenting with different lines and gears through corners, etc than spending half my time tinkering in the garage.

With regard to tyre wear I agree with Robert in that the wheel could very well have an effect and it seems Michael is finding the same. I have always been fairly gentle on the tyres but with the non-FFB Spider although I feel I can be as fast as with a FFB wheel I think the lack of 'feel' for what the car is doing does make looking after the tyres more of an issue. I am particular noticing this in F1. Maintaining consistency as the stints go on is also possibly more difficult as those visual and audio cues become more difficult to assess and react to as the tyres lose their grip.

@Michael Watts I am not sure whether you and Eric have similar styles tbh but that does play such an important part in the tyre wear factor. ALthough you have very similar lap times the way you achieve that could be very different, one may be pushing more into the corners, the other more on exit so you will see very different tyre wear based on that sort of difference but the lap time may be very much the same.

Need some help on set up. I started practicing tonight and the best I can do is 2:05.8.

I know you guys will be down at 2:00 flat. My biggest problem is high speed corners. I can't get the car to turn in well. I wish I had paid more attention to my engineer when I was running Sport Renault. All I had to do was tell him what was happening and what I needed and he worked his magic. This is frustrating!!!!
Actually Mike, I'm not that much faster. I think I average 204, 203. Maybe Toast and Nova can get to 200 but I won't be there. As far are Not turning in on High speed corners, I would maybe add a little front down force. I also like to run a lot of caster, although I don't know how effective that is any more. Another thing that can help is make sure you have a 6-10mm rake from front to rear that will help with Aero-and balance / weight transfer. Since you are already at 205, just keep putting laps in though and you will drop that. You are in the ballpark!

I do the whole plugging of the mic into the controller and it works fine in F1 2015 but for some reason in Project Cars it is very hit and miss. The last two or three races we've had I can hear everyone else but no-one can hear me. Only in pCars though. Very frustrating. DO you all have the controller plugged in before starting the game, plug it in after.. sometimes with the former the wheel no longer works for the throttle and steering so I have to unplug the controller first and then al is fine (but stil no working mic).

That's strange that it works in other games and not Pcars...

I usually leave my USB for the controller plugged in the back all the time even when the controller is disconnected. After starting up the console, I join up the party I'm looking to be in for that session, plug in the controller to the USB, connect the headset, test mute button/ light, and as I connect to the party I slightly move the right stick to make sure the microphone is engaged. Sometimes without this it wont recognize the mic, but I cant hear through the mic, only the tv (until it is engaged with a stick flick). After this is all setup and I can communicate in the party. At the dashboard, I go to the top left corner with the wheel Dpad (no need to touch the controller at all from this point), beside the notification icon, and resign in as my GT when it says choose this person. Doing this links the wheel as your main device and prevents Pcars from prompting for your GT when starting up for the first time in the session. Once all of this is done, I launch Pcars and proceed to press menu button instead of A at the intro menu. Hopefully these steps will ensure that TT and community events are unlocked, and that your GT shows up in the top right with the current car (has worked every time in my case). From here you should be good to go. Join up or wait for an invite to get in the lobby. Basically, I always get the party communication stuff sorted before launching the game.
Hope that helps a bit mate

always good as it makes sure you are looking at the right things to adjust and you don't go off altering something that won;t hel your particular problem but might introduce a new one.

I agree with Peter here. This is hard to do, and tips are always good, even if other factors come into play. You can always have the best possible setup for your situation. Work on the other stuff in time and then tweak the setup as you change other settings or hardware. This chart is a great tool: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=203382&d=1431978380

ALthough you have very similar lap times the way you achieve that could be very different, one may be pushing more into the corners, the other more on exit so you will see very different tyre wear based on that sort of difference but the lap time may be very much the same.

Very good point. And also, remember that pits are not completely fixed. What happens is that you get soft tires no matter what you select in your pit strategy. This might explain why anyone experiences different tire wear after you pit. I think Michael said his tires "were shot" toward the end of the race. He also mentioned that he "was running mediums on the front" but did not mention that they were softs at the end. Maybe this is the reason for that little surprise. This is also why endurance racing is not completely in the SIM world yet. The more pits you have, the less like real life it becomes when you can't select your tire compounds.

I feel like the Ginetta's are going to win all of these races, they seem to be really nimble compared to the other gt4's. Haven't really tested the aston out much at fosters though

I had the same concern. And still do, but I figured that opening things up to choice is better than closing things off. If the Ginetta is faster, people will gravitate towards it. I still think the Mustang can be fast at certain tracks. It was for me when I tested it. Almost took it, but it struggles around corners.

I've never run the alternate configurations at Oulton yet. I enjoyed the full layout we ran in the GT3's though. We had a good battle there for a while before the game froze me out :thumbsup:

I think you can come up to speed here in a hearbeat. First off, these are slow cars. Second, we now have many good setups as a base. Third, it's a short race. The only issue you might have is over-steer, but after driving that bastard 78D, I think anything is going to feel like slow motion. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 85 9.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%