Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Had a great time last night. This was my first league race as well (if you couldn't tell by my stellar performance). I am looking forward to next week and hope to have a better race then this week, but again I had a great time.

See you at Silverstone

Hang in there. It's pretty daunting before you get used to it. Even ex-racers don't make great gamers, as the two are somewhat mutually exclusive. However, it's now closer than it has ever been on the console.

Don't forget these guys have been at it for a while. Everyone is willing to help. If you want a good idea about Silverstone, it's already been done in GT3, although it was just after release of pCARS and many wanted to pack it in afterward. lol. But we stuck it out and had a good season through all the mess. Michael won that Series. See this thread for all the info you need. 2:00-2:05 is the ballpark.

Thanks Robert. Don't worry about me, I had a blast even when my headlights got knocked out and I drove the last 1/4 or so of track to the pits against the wall. When I am racing, it doesn't matter if I win or lose. I am having fun and that is all that matters to me. I do have to learn to tune the car and I do need to spend more time at the tracks we are racing on so I can be more competitive, but whether I win or come in last (betting more last than anything else) it's all good.

It was awesome racing with a bunch of people that were courteous to each other. The last time I went online I was hit a couple of times by people who didn't care about anything other then smashing into the people that were trying to race.

Thanks for the ballpark time. That question was going to be coming.

If you have any setup questions or handling issues feel free to ask. Also you can find a lot of setups: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar here. If you see me online feel free to hit me up and you can get some practice in. I usually try to run the AI at 90% when I can't find anyone to race with.

This is the best resource I have found explaining tuning of a car in precise but also in layman's language.

I have found that tuning a car is the best way to get the tune you want, as one man's perfect road machine is another man's terror. That's true for drivers at all levels, at least. I have learned far more about tuning from SIM racing than about driving, but it's not for everyone.

Also critical is your ffb. It's not about resistance (as there is virtually none in a real car with assisted steering and even very little at speed in Formula cars), it's about car reaction to input...and this is the bible: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Personally, I use ffb at 100 and Tire Force at 50, as the TX has massive resistance when compared to other wheels that pCARS supports, including other Thrustmasters. Obviously, this is not applicable to pad users or non ffb wheels (but I think even they could benefit to some extent).

Also note that camber is broken and some cars are not coded right to match certain settings.

Last edited:
So have you gone to running 0 camber, Robert?
Interesting question. I have debated whether to or not, as it sounds pretty scary, and I did test it out and it seemed to prefer some camber, but not much. Like less than 1.5 on top and .5 on the rear. That's what I currently default to, but this may be a placebo effect just because I *want* camber. I'd love to hear if others have the same feeling, because it's supposed to be completely broken *except* for rolling resistance. Not slip angle. So, in theory, none should work the best. I'll check it out again tonight.

I ran 0 and 0 last night. didn't make me any faster, and my car still faded at the end. In fact Eric had a much more stable setup and I think his tires held, up but then again with two different wheels I could be comparing apples to oranges. It will be interesting to get my TX back and see if that curbs some of my extreme tire wear.
I actually had set my Pit Strategy to run a Medium compound on my LF and softs on all others. I started the race with Mediums up front and softs in the rear. And I still only had 10% left when I pitted on lap 24.

I do think the wheel matters. @Peter Hooper seems to have similar issues and my tires are taking a pounding in certain cars now. They massively increased wear, as they should have, with the last patch, on many cars. GT3 was a prime offender.
Camber should affect wear, but it clearly does not, as your race seems to point out. 0 camber should greatly reduce wear, but it did not. Even though you were likely to see more wear anyway, 0 camber should help enough to notice. What it is supposed to do is make you a bit faster on the straight. I'm going to check that out sometime and see if that's true. If not, it's just shot completely.

My ffb is set with jack spades tweak setting and running his 66% car ffb profile. I am running 100% tire ffb and 75% overall setting. My tx wheel has a good feel to it. I found that I was running way to hard at the beginning of the race.

My original set up was tested for 15 laps and the car ran good ( average about 1.48), but then I started messing with camber, springs and aero. I did not have enough time to test it long term. Car was good for 3 to 5 laps then it would go to crap.

I have to learn to tune and when doing so work with one setting at a time and test. When I get better and understand it better then I can do a couple of settings at a time. I also need more driving time.

Thanks for all the help and thank you for allowing me to race in this league. Like I said. Even with a last place finish I had fun and learned a lot.

yeah Brian, seat time will improve laptimes more than just about any adjustment you can do. When you do these Endurance races, you will learn the track and usually you'll see your laptimes drop on pure experience alone. Once you know the track you know where you need to make adjustments in the car. Whether you sliding your front wheels into the corner, or spinning your rears on exit. You will be able to diagnose those issues and address them individually. But every car is different so not every adjustment works the same for every car. There are some general adjustments but the important thing is you know the track first.
BTW @Robert Waddell, when I ran the 0 camber I could see on the Telemetry that the tire temps were even all across. So yeah tire wear is still and issue for me on the LF but I think a lot of that has to deal with the wheel. Because me and Nasty run very similar if not the same setups and his tires suffer much less wear than mine. Only difference is driver and TX wheel. Since we run similar lap times I can't be pushing the car that much harder.

Need some help on set up. I started practicing tonight and the best I can do is 2:05.8.

I know you guys will be down at 2:00 flat. My biggest problem is high speed corners. I can't get the car to turn in well. I wish I had paid more attention to my engineer when I was running Sport Renault. All I had to do was tell him what was happening and what I needed and he worked his magic. This is frustrating!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back