Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I need a USB splitter to do that, don't I? I've heard that works, but I need to use the 1 USB port for the wheel itself. I'd love to be able to have the headset on. It would make the races much more fun, IMO.

Nope, Many android phone cables are the same thing you need and you can plug the cable into the USB at the back of the console instead of the side one where the wheel plugs in. Once plugged in you can remove the batteries and it'll stay on all the time your xbox is on. this allows flawless voice communication without worrying about your controller turning off.

microUSB.jpg

I do the whole plugging of the mic into the controller and it works fine in F1 2015 but for some reason in Project Cars it is very hit and miss. The last two or three races we've had I can hear everyone else but no-one can hear me. Only in pCars though. Very frustrating. DO you all have the controller plugged in before starting the game, plug it in after.. sometimes with the former the wheel no longer works for the throttle and steering so I have to unplug the controller first and then al is fine (but stil no working mic).

Race #1 Results:
___________________________________________________________________________​
1. Eric Cline, BMW Z4, Dyno-Might Motorsprots------------- 25
2. Nic Worsfold, Aston Martin GTE, AMRT----------------------18
3. Michae Watts, BMW Z4, Dyno-Might Motorsports---------15
4. Alex Hinton, Aston Martin GTE, AMRT------------------------12
5. Railer Cantrell, RUF RGT, HRH Racing------------------------10
6. Mike Daro, RUF RGT, Proton Racing--------------------------- 8
7. Lucas Gortman, BMW M3-------------------------------------------6
8. Brian Batiato, Aston Martin GTE, AMRT-----------------------4

A great First race for the series. Started with a stellar qualifying session. Nic Worsfold was burning up the track with a 1:43.733 and the pole for the inaugural XB1 YiroTires WEC season. But at the start it was Michael Watts that got the jump on him heading into the corner as Worsfold missed a shift. Eric Cline followed closely behind while Nic was swallowed into the field of hungry drivers. The race started at a fairly quick pace with the BMW's pulling away running nose to tail for much of the first part of the race. As Pit stops started to ensue Watts ducked down Pit Road and gave the lead over to Cline who had Worsfold and Hinton on his bumper. Both Cline and Worsfold pitted together with Cline getting the upper-hand as the #37 Aston Martin had issues in the pit. The early pit by Watts wasn't enough to stay in front of Cline and fell in behind Cline after his out lap. Never really closing the gap on him for the rest of the race. Hinton and Worsfold was closing in on the #82 BMW like hunters tracking a wild animal until Hinton made a mistake in the Inner-loop allowing Worsfold, who was directly behind to take advantage of his mistake and overcome his early pit issues. Worsfold closed in on the BMW but couldn't pass until the Watts, slipped coming out of turn one on lap 44 of 45. That allowed Worsfold to get by and chase down Cline who had stretched his lead to 3 seconds. Cline taking the last few laps very safely was battling an ill handling race car at the end but was able to keep Worsfold at bay and win by a .3 seconds for his first of the Season.

New-comers, Mike Daro, ran a great race and finished ahead of Lucas Gortman and Brian Batiato, who both struggled with handling issues. Batiato used the session for testing after having issues early. Gortman was displeased with his car and will be switching to a different Manufacturer before the next race. While Veteran Railer Cantrell struggled to find is pace, still finished a impressive 5th place despite virtually no seat time due to scheduling issues. He is looking to improve his performance as the Championship heads for Silverstone next week.​

***Announcement***
Dyno-Might Motorsports, has just signed young talent Lucas "Taco" Gortman to their team to drive the #84 BMW Z4 in the next 8 races. After recent success in the British GT series with a 1-2 finish in the Championship, Gortman, joins established Drivers: Eric Cline and Michael Watts. We hope to enjoy more success in the future with our Driver Line-up and push the boundaries of Performance and Competition.

-Dyno-Might Motorsports

Hey guys. Grats to all last night. I watched the reply after the race and what a battle up front!

This is my first jump into online racing and a league and I wanted to thank all of you for being gracious and not hammering me for being waaayyyy of the pace (I told you I was Patrick Dempsey....new to the WEC and at the back of the pack!)

Anyway thank you for the invite into your group and I look forward to the racing this year. I did work on my set up and cleaning up some of my lines and after the race I was able to drop down into the 1:47's. Not race pace of the leaders but I am happy with cutting my times down by 2-3 seconds from my race times.

I was wondering if you guys could post your practice lap times at Silverstone when you get some so I have some sort of benchmark to work with.

I intend to stay with the RUF (I'm a huge Porsche fan.). I've hit up the PC cars database for some hints but if anyone has some wisdom on the key areas of the RUF any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for making my first jump into a league a very enjoyable one.

I highly advise anyone checking out these forums to send these guys a message and jump in. Especially if you are new and need some guidance.

Cheers.
Mike Daro

Last edited:
Mike, I like your signature. Very nice. First off, you did great for you first league endurance race. You're steady pace netted a 6th place finish. If you have any questions regarding setups you are more than welcome to ask. I have a good amount of general knowledge to adjust on the cars, without being to specific towards the RUF. The more seat time you put into that car the better you will understand the handling and what the car is or isn't doing properly. That will help you make the proper adjustments. As far as setups go, a lot of people use this:
http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar
Which works great on an android tablet by the way. There is also a Setup-Calculator from Jussi that is pretty neat for getting a baseline setup if you are good with computers.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/car-database-updated-to-v1-4-2.334669/
If you can form an alliance with another RUF driver that will help greatly as well. I would say Railer would be good for that, but he has a lot of Personal Stuff going on right now and needs to spend off track time with his family. Occasionally @Robert Waddell races and he drives a RUF. He's pretty fast in that car as well. I'd like to see everyone competitive and on the same pace. It makes for better racing and I would love to see different drivers be in contention for the win on any given Sunday... or Wednesday ;)
By the way, did you happen to record the Race? I was so relieved to just finish I forgot to save my replay :( But if you have one, maybe you can twitch it and toggle through some of the other drivers and the battles that carried on during the course of the race. Then maybe I won't feel like such a bonehead for not saving such an epic race.
If you see me online you are more than welcome to practice with me or us. I run in two leagues (Saturday Lotus F1 league) but any seat time is good seat time.

Great race guys..sorry peter I tried to save replay to post on twich but it loaded next screen before I could..really sucks cause I won! And on my bday it just must have been meant to be.lol but had great battle with micheal for the first 23 laps only getting by in the pit exchange.after thst I somehow avoided any big mistakes and fended off toast in the closing laps..glad it wasnt 47 or hed got me..hope to see all u again next week at Silverstone.
No worries Eric. I often find the load screen comes up before I can save my replay that's why I Twitch them live now just in case. Its good to see the actual replay though as you get to see other drivers races as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%