VWSR S4: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the explanation of those 550 bonus points please ?

Those are points from the drivers transfer market at the start of the season. (click here)

And that kind of things here and there in the ranking !

You mean the -bonus points: ==> the best 5 out of 6 rounds count. Those -bonus points are the worst scores of the season from that driver. If the worst score was 0 or "--" , there is nothing to subtract. :)

Aleksi and Cordell !
http://84.193.31.88/LeagueResults.aspx

What the explanation of those 550 bonus points please ? And that kind of things here and there in the ranking !
Nicolas as some points were say 1.5 the system couldnt do fractions so we had to multiply everything by 10. So for example Canadian Australian has a transfer bonus when a #1 driver left in the tansfer market and was replaced by a #2 driver. The calculated difference in driver value was 55 points over the season. This then looks like 550 but its 55.

Looking at the results I can say exactly the same thing, 10 lousy points, I think I had the pace to get a top ten yesterday as well, sorry James I let you down mate.
Its nice that the WCC was there though.
For us guys fighting for a P10 it meant a championship.

For me it was lack of practice, under 300 laps prior to the race:O_o:.

image.jpg

We are thinking about a fresh season in the Formula Renault and want to ask drivers who competed for their feedback.
What was good, what was bad, what should we think about changing.
Also any fresh ideas we could look at.
So please cast your minds back and have a think.
If you see a post you agree with click "agree" and we will get a feel for the response.

So including but no limited to EG:
Track selection (we will have more to choose from now of course)
Race Format (was 45 and 30 with reversed grid)
WCC team structure
Quali format.
In essence what do you think?

Some things that I will put up for consideration for example is
-Ensuring we dont clash with the FSR calendar to make it user friendly for FSR drivers.
- Consider some way of implementing pit stops (maybe fuel use X2 or a longer race)
-Consider making 2 or 3 rounds a 90 minute race like the final was.

Once we get your feedback we will then put it to a vote.

It will depend on our ability to get a broadcast up and running as its a minimum requirement for RD leagues now.

If you completed a race weekend your thoughts are welcome.
If you completed the season your thoughts will be treasured.

Thanks

@Dino Paolini
@Aleksi Kivelä
@James Sadler
@Wojciech Lukaszek
@Oscar Hardwick
@Ville Leppala
@Nicolas Delamare
@Peter Helmbro
@Marcell Darvasi
@Peter Szentpeteri
@Victor Ivanov
@Tapio Rinneaho
@David OReilly
@Xavier Poirel
@Abdoulaye Diop
@James Bolton
@Teddy Buch
@Martin Bulgin
@Nick Rowland
@Patrick Wannemuller
@Steve Combey
@David Cook
@Jason Skyring
@Dewald Nel
@Jamie Beech
@Cordell Cahill
@Claes Axelsson
@Calum McLure
@Kenzo Schmitz
@Kris Cobb
@David Gronvalls
@Jeff Lasecki
@Matt Richards
@William Néron

Longer races are always a winner. 90, or 80/70 minute races. This would automatically enforce pitstops too.

Tracks were nice, and if you are looking for alernatives, perhaps Montreal, Hungaroring, Hockenheim would be my proposals. And maybe get some American non-F1 track, like Sebring, Laguna Seca or the long Watkins Glen in there.

And maybe 8 races? :sneaky:

Only suggestions, of couse, and if you announce the new season tomorrow and it has exactly the same structure and tracks as last season, I'm sure nobody would say no to that. But it's great to see your enthusiasm for this league.

Hi David :)

I don't have much to blame this season except one thing: the duration of the race 1

45 minutes is not enough to force the drivers to do a pit-stop and make a strategy. And i also thought it was too long because I spent some races alone in the middle of the group and it was a bit boring.

Race 2 in 30 minutes was always funniest and i really liked ;)

So wait the general assessment, if members want more strategy or more fun

Hey, since everything concerning refueling with this car shoudn't be there and is also buggy as hell, I would avoid that. Otherwise you will force a driver who has to do a repair-stop in addition to his planned stop to fuel up 2 times, screwing him over double.

For q: Something else than last season for sure :D the RL series runs 2x 30mins. It doesn't have to be that obviously, but atleast it shoudn't be the complete opposite again :)

Also I think you should think about a simple penalty system. Doesn't have to be complicated, but last season it was only back of the grid or nothing.

And finally for variery's sake, since there is a similar league (F-Renault 2014 most likely too) coming up at here RD for rF2 you could maybe considering having that be part of your future plans, so you don't end up having more or less the exact same league going in parallel here.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/presto-gp.46/

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.
Once we have more we will sort it into a voting thread and also discuss more of the items.

@Dino Paolini
We wrote to Presto asking if they wanted to collaborate in anyway. They felt that due to their long history and unique way of doing things they want to keep a completely separate identity and program. So we respect that.
They also race mid week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back