VWSR S4: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer 2 short races to one long race. It's nice to bunch everyone up again for race 2 instead of one long race where big gaps open up. That being said, the 90 minute Silverstone race had a lot of action didn't it? I'm agnostic on the issue come to think of it.

I do really prefer the race to be measured in laps rather than minutes though. I hate guessing how many laps I need to fuel for. That might not be in keeping with the Renault racing identity though.

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.
Once we have more we will sort it into a voting thread and also discuss more of the items.

@Dino Paolini
We wrote to Presto asking if they wanted to collaborate in anyway. They felt that due to their long history and unique way of doing things they want to keep a completely separate identity and program. So we respect that.
They also race mid week.
Maybe an option would be to run the same tracks in the same week (their schedule and track choice looks quite good). This way drivers could drive in both series without switching their focus all the time.

Maybe an option would be to run the same tracks in the same week (their schedule and track choice looks quite good). This way drivers could drive in both series without switching their focus all the time.

Hehe, I was meaning quite the opposite imo to not have the exact same thing going 2 times to offer some variety, as their isn't much choice when i comes to rf2 leagues to begin with :D

Hehe, I was meaning quite the opposite imo to not have the exact same thing going 2 times to offer some variety, as their isn't much choice when i comes to rf2 leagues to begin with :D
Yes, that is true, but two leauges with the same car in the same community could split the sign ups, but you could do something totally diffrent e.g. race the classic McLaren that just got uploaded (havent tested it) etc. I only think two leauges with the same car, but diffrent tracks wouldnt be that great.

Yes, that is true, but two leagues with the same car in the same community could split the sign ups, but you could do something totally diffrent e.g. race the classic McLaren that just got uploaded (havent tested it) etc. I only think two leauges with the same car, but diffrent tracks wouldnt be that great.

You're right, but I'm positive that there are/will be more differences than just the tracks used (or rather I know it from experience). There was also already a club-race event previewing each VWSR race with the same combo.

Also speaking about PrestoGP, minimum half of the signups should theoreticaly be different automatcaly by virtue of having long term league-drivers making the switch and staying with their league.
In general, I don't think that signups will be much of a problem for any league here at RD atm, in the past the only problem was the grid-size when the league was progressing further but somehow the passed VWSR season has managed that better than most leagues I have seen in the past.

Sorry David I don't want to drive your thread off-topic :)

"And i also thought it was too long because I spent some races alone in the middle of the group and it was a bit boring."

Yes, a bad thing ! This happened also in Silverstone 90 min race, after the pitstop.My opinion: boring races are made by unfortunate things (you rival 2 seconds in front of you goes off the track...finally dropped 10 seconds behind you...if he doesn't have to change his wings)
And by the pace difference making his effect around 2/3 of the race distance !

My conclusion on that: useless to change something, not the race distance neither the tire wear, fuel consumption etc

My suggestion now: remove the superpole format ! One single lap isn't enough for me (and maybe some others guys) to be hot and ready to break the stuff :thumbsup:
When I manage a hotlap 0.5s behind my PB I would want to immediately give it another try with a safe time lap made and a fully cool head.

The traffic also might be disturbing at the exit of the last corner/chicane or even in the fast lap (happened to me in the Esses at Suzuka).
So: remove the superpole lap and put a single 15 minutes session for everyone to do their best !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back