VWSR S4: Round 5 - Magny-Cours

VWSRCLIOFlyer_zpsbd4163e5.png

Welcome to Round 5 of the VWSR Clio Cup Season 4!

Please find the information for this round below:
Fuel Usage: Normal
Tyre Usage: Normal
Mechanical Failures: Time Scaled
Parc Fermé : Yes
Damage: 100%
Time Scale: Normal
Flag Rules: Black Only
Weather: Dry
Assists: Auto-Clutch, ABS (Off/Low)
Session + Briefing Info:
This race will include 5 sessions. Before the race, there will be a MANDATORY briefing on Teamspeak. Each driver is obligated to be present there. Not being present during the briefing is reason for removal from the league.

Drivers are not required to, but are recommended to, stay on Teamspeak once the briefing is over.

Briefing information
Formation lap:

• Drivers must proceed on to the formation lap and stay in a SINGLE FILE order until after the red zone.
  • Drivers may not exceed 150km/h.
  • No weaving allowed.
  • Causing an incident on the formation lap will = No Qualifying in the next round.
  • Do not follow the car ahead too closely, give yourself no less than 2 car lengths of space between yourself and the driver ahead.
  • Do not make any sudden maneuvers!
  • Drivers may not overtake on the formation lap.
  • The race will begin for you once YOU have crossed the start/finish line.
Yellow Zone:
  • The yellow zone will be explained further during the drivers briefing.
  • The yellow zone is only in effect during lap 1 of the race.
  • The yellow zone for this round begins at the start/finish and ends after turn 2.
  • Drivers may overtake in the yellow zone, but only under extreme caution!
  • Any incidents caused in the yellow zone will be met with a penalty.
Red Zone:
  • The Red zone will be explained further during the drivers briefing.
  • The Red zone is only in effect during lap 1 of the race.
  • There is no Red Zone for this round.
  • Drivers may NOT overtake in the Red zone!
  • Drivers must proceed through the Red zone in SINGLE FILE order.
  • Any incidents caused in the Red zone will be met with a penalty.
Start Procedure:
  • Drivers will follow the car in front by no less than 2 car lengths on the formation lap.
  • Once the leader is on the main straight, he will dictate the pace up until the start/finish line.
  • The race begins for you once the Green lights go out.
  • Mind the rules about the red & yellow zones.

NOTE: Under no circumstances may any driver intentionally exploit the circuit boundaries, i.e. Cutting corners, having an intentional off track excursion, or deliberately run wide in order to gain time/position. Anyone caught doing this will be met with a severe penalty and in extreme cases, exclusion from the rest of the series. The circuit boundaries are defined by the outer most white lines of the circuit, with exception of the apexes/curbing.

Server password: Click here

Session Info
Briefing:
5 - 10 minutes starts at 17:50 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes starts at 18:00 GMT
Qualification (SuperPole): 20 minutes starts at 18:30 GMT
Warmup 1: 10 minutes starts at 18:50 GMT
Race 1: Based on time (maximum allowed time is 15 minutes) starts at 19:00 GMT
Warmup 2: 10 minutes starts at 19:20 GMT
Race 2: Based on time (maximum allowed time is 25 minutes) starts at 19:30 GMT (Top 10 are reversed).

Please note: Parc Ferme settings will apply! Various setup options will be locked after your first timed lap in qualifying. Parc Ferme rules can be found in the League Information Thread.

Absence
This is the most important part of the briefing drivers need to understand! Since your application to drive the in league was accepted, we expect you to be present during the races for this round, unless you provide an absence report with a valid excuse to the staff. If you happen to miss out on the event and go missing in action afterwards without giving any notice the race staff reserve the rights to terminate your licensed member status on RaceDeparment.

NOTE: All absence reports must be filled out in the ABSENCE REPORTS THREAD!

For all other information, please go here: General Information

Make sure you have read and understood the RD League Regualtions here.
Note some rules may differ for this series so please read through the general information thread so that you are totally clear on the rules and regulations!

.................................................................................................................................................
MOD & SKINS UPDATE: Download upon server login

- VWSR Clio Cup 2015 Car: Download

- Croft v1.0 : Download
- Poznan v1.0: Download
- Mid-Ohio v2.01: Download
- Hockenheim Ring v1.1: Download
- Magny Cours GP v1.1: Download
- Montreal 2013 v1.0: Download

- Server Vmod: Download upon server login
.................................................................................................................................................
CONFIRMED DRIVERS ROUND 3:
TEAMS:

Team Name: MadCape Racing

Team Name: RD Racing
Frederic Schornstein
Gijs van Elderen

Team Name: MC Racing
Christian Michel
Simon Christmann

Team Name: Free Racing
Xavier Poirel
Teddy Buch

Team Name: RedShift Racing
Yuri Kasdorp

Team Name: Doreamon Racing
James Maskell
Stefan Woudenberg

Team Name: Old Dutchman
Franklin Stegerlink

Team Name: TriRed Racing
April Dillon
Sky Willis**

Apex Racing:
Conrad Venter
John Broadmeadow

INDEPENDENTS:

Pedro Gomes
Jonathan Menendez
Joao Fernandes
Phil Shillitoe
Steven Andrew
Andreas Palsson
Andreas Oehrlich
Manuel Caratozzolo
Tapio Rinneaho
Pedro Gomes
Niranjan Kumar

DRIVERS ARE EXCLUDED IF THEY HAVEN'T PREVIOUSLY SHOWN COMMITMENT TO THE SERIES THIS SEASON.

DRIVERS WHO HAVE A NO QUALIFYING PENALTY HAVE PREVIOUSLY SHOWN COMMITMENT TO THE SERIES THIS SEASON.

EXCLUDED DRIVERS:

RESERVES LIST:
TEAMS:

INDEPENDENTS:

ABSENT:
Jimi Hughes
Rui Martins

Teams & Drivers who have not been placed on the immediate list will hold a place on the reserves list. A Team or Driver may move up from the Reserves list if a Team or Driver on the immediate list becomes inactive, is banned, or is unable to participate in an event.

Last edited:
Not the best season for me so far in terms of pace and technical issues, hopefully my broadband won't give up on me 5 mins before the session starts like it has the last 2 weeks. And with a series like this, its so close that half a second loses a fair few places on the grid :)

Have done a few laps around here in a GT car (I think it was this track anyway lol) and it was quite fun, will be a bit different in the clios but just as fun hopefully. Less contact that Mid Ohio would be nice though, had a few minor bumps last round despite leaving plenty of room.

Hi everyone !! :) what kind of lap times are we expecting here ? ...I know everyone shows their real pace only in quali ;) but just something to aim for in practice would be nice ....

one minor detail..I don't have a mic... So admin and everyone else , watch out for text replies in TS and in-game from the mic-less man :p

Today I learnt 3 things:

1. If you carry too much speed through the final chicane you end up driving on 2 wheels
2. Cars dont turn well when driving on 2 wheels
3. Theres a big wall on the exit of the final chicane :D

I fully expect to end up upside down and wedged inside that wall at some point tomorrow, most likely during my quali lap ;)

Track is a lot of fun though, despite my front tyres being nearly on fire after just a few laps.

i really like this track. you can attack the kerbs more than mid-ohio, which i think was why i couldn't find any speed there. but anyway, the trapped nerve in my arm says no to racing today. :(

i'll be watching the stream instead. have fun people!

Well... What can I say?....

T-boned in the firs race, first corner.. Steering when was 90 degrees of. When I came out of the pit I was seconds ahead of the field, so decided to end it.

2nd race... My computer decided to crash to desktop at the beginning of the first lap. When I can back in the game I was far behind... I had a nice battle with Gijs, but I decided to let him go as henhad more to fight for than me in this championship.

I hope my luck will turn .....some day....

Thankntonth staff members for the organisation and grew broadcast.

Wasnt easy to learn the track in such a short time and screwed up qualy, but race 1 was great lots of battling hard and fair. Race 2 started well, but then we went 3 wide into the hairpin for the fifth time and Christian and I interlocked on the exit and I spun him and went off. When I went back somehow Simon was tagged or something and my car got totaled :(
Really a bit unfortunate very small touch and at the end a big crash. I wanted not to risk to much in general, because it is my last race and I wanted to at least secure P3 in the championship.

Now I have to hope Teddy does not outscore me. A bit of an anti climax for a great season. A bit disappointed I didn't win a race, so I hope season 5 comes quickly this time, so I can correct that and get a win :D

I had no pace what so ever, i mean i was struggling heaps with this track. Somehow i managed to finish race 1 in 6th from whatever my horrible qualy was. It was a classic clio race intense with a good serving of overtakes and battles. Simon got me on the last lap for 5th and fred managed to pass me as well but when fred tried a move on simon it backfired and it let me get back past him on the outside. Awesome stuff guys :).

Then it was onto Race 2, if you watched the stream a good 80% of the coverage of race 2 is either my car or looking at other cars from my car. So my race 2 can be watched and i dont even need to describe it to you, thanks cameraman for making this a whole heap shorter:laugh::p. Although my accidental move on conrad, i was not expecting him to brake so much so i ended up wide cleaning up those green bollards :p. But seriously i did not expect to get such a good start, i was in 2nd... Then 3rd... then dropped back a bit and then straight after that everybody took each other out... and i finished 3rd after some great battles and a lot of swapping places with Kiranjan. Although i did finish with something like 25% left on the front left so I could not of gone for much longer. :redface::):thumbsup:

A big thankyou to the cameraman for this round, you did an amazing job ;) And once again thanks to everyone involved in making this great series happen. :thumbsup: See you next week for the final. :)

Average qually for me. P15 Once the 1st couple of laps had settled down I found myself in P12 holding position from the chasing pack and not gaining on the guys further ahead, a quiet race.
Race 2 gained 1 or 2 spots and then somehow managed to hit my pit limiter followed by neutral gear going into the 2nd chicane, sorry April and Gjis, I must have given you a fright, dropped 2 places and then pulled off a great out braking overtake on April, found myself in P11 challenging the guys ahead, missed my brake point, or rather got totally the wrong corner and had to wait to return to track, as i have had zero incidents so far and want to complete the league that way, i think my error cost me a top 10 finish but enjoyable all the same.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 203 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%