VWSR S4: Round 3 - Hockenheim Short

VWSRCLIOFlyer_zpsbd4163e5.png

Welcome to Round 3 of the VWSR Clio Cup Season 4!

Please find the information for this round below:
Fuel Usage: Normal
Tyre Usage: Normal
Mechanical Failures: Time Scaled
Parc Fermé : Yes
Damage: 100%
Time Scale: Normal
Flag Rules: Black Only
Weather: Dry
Assists: Auto-Clutch, ABS (Off/Low)
Session + Briefing Info:
This race will include 5 sessions. Before the race, there will be a MANDATORY briefing on Teamspeak. Each driver is obligated to be present there. Not being present during the briefing is reason for removal from the league.

Drivers are not required to, but are recommended to, stay on Teamspeak once the briefing is over.

Briefing information
Formation lap:

• Drivers must proceed on to the formation lap and stay in a SINGLE FILE order until after the red zone.
  • Drivers may not exceed 150km/h.
  • No weaving allowed.
  • Causing an incident on the formation lap will = No Qualifying in the next round.
  • Do not follow the car ahead too closely, give yourself no less than 2 car lengths of space between yourself and the driver ahead.
  • Do not make any sudden maneuvers!
  • Drivers may not overtake on the formation lap.
  • The race will begin for you once YOU have crossed the start/finish line.
Yellow Zone:
  • The yellow zone will be explained further during the drivers briefing.
  • The yellow zone is only in effect during lap 1 of the race.
  • The yellow zone for this round begins at the start/finish and ends after the chicane.
  • Drivers may overtake in the yellow zone, but only under extreme caution!
  • Any incidents caused in the yellow zone will be met with a penalty.
Red Zone:
  • The Red zone will be explained further during the drivers briefing.
  • The Red zone is only in effect during lap 1 of the race.
  • There is no Red Zone for this round.
  • Drivers may NOT overtake in the Red zone!
  • Drivers must proceed through the Red zone in SINGLE FILE order.
  • Any incidents caused in the Red zone will be met with a penalty.
Start Procedure:
  • Drivers will follow the car in front by no less than 2 car lengths on the formation lap.
  • Once the leader is on the main straight, he will dictate the pace up until the start/finish line.
  • The race begins for you once the Green lights go out.
  • Mind the rules about the red & yellow zones.

NOTE: Under no circumstances may any driver intentionally exploit the circuit boundaries, i.e. Cutting corners, having an intentional off track excursion, or deliberately run wide in order to gain time/position. Anyone caught doing this will be met with a severe penalty and in extreme cases, exclusion from the rest of the series. The circuit boundaries are defined by the outer most white lines of the circuit, with exception of the apexes/curbing.

Server password: Click here

Session Info
Briefing:
5 - 10 minutes starts at 17:50 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes starts at 18:00 GMT
Qualification (SuperPole): 20 minutes starts at 18:30 GMT
Warmup 1: 10 minutes starts at 18:50 GMT
Race 1: Based on time (maximum allowed time is 15 minutes) starts at 19:00 GMT
Warmup 2: 10 minutes starts at 19:20 GMT
Race 2: Based on time (maximum allowed time is 25 minutes) starts at 19:30 GMT (Top 10 are reversed).

Please note: Parc Ferme settings will apply! Various setup options will be locked after your first timed lap in qualifying. Parc Ferme rules can be found in the League Information Thread.

Absence
This is the most important part of the briefing drivers need to understand! Since your application to drive the in league was accepted, we expect you to be present during the races for this round, unless you provide an absence report with a valid excuse to the staff. If you happen to miss out on the event and go missing in action afterwards without giving any notice the race staff reserve the rights to terminate your licensed member status on RaceDeparment.

NOTE: All absence reports must be filled out in the ABSENCE REPORTS THREAD!

For all other information, please go here: General Information

Make sure you have read and understood the RD League Regualtions here.
Note some rules may differ for this series so please read through the general information thread so that you are totally clear on the rules and regulations!

.................................................................................................................................................
MOD & SKINS UPDATE: Download upon server login

- VWSR Clio Cup 2015 Car: Download

- Croft v1.0 : Download
- Poznan v1.0: Download
- Mid-Ohio v2.01: Download
- Hockenheim Ring v1.1: Download
- Magny Cours GP v1.1: Download
- Montreal 2013 v1.0: Download

- Server Vmod: Download upon server login
.................................................................................................................................................
CONFIRMED DRIVERS ROUND 3:
TEAMS:

Team Name: MadCape Racing
Jimi Hughes

Team Name: RD Racing
Frederic Schornstein
Gijs van Elderen

Team Name: MC Racing
Christian Michel
Simon Christmann

Team Name: Free Racing
Xavier Poirel
Teddy Buch

Team Name: RedShift Racing
Rui F. Martins
Yuri Kasdorp

Team Name: Doreamon Racing
James Maskell
Stefan Woudenberg

Team Name: TriRed Racing
April Dillon
Sky Willis

Team Name: Dutch Veteran Racing
Franklin Stegerlink

INDEPENDENTS:

Jonathan Menendez
Joao Fernandes
Phil Shillitoe
Steven Andrew
Manuel Caratozzolo
Andreas Palsson
John Broadmeadow
Tapio Rinneaho
Conrad Venter

DRIVERS ARE EXCLUDED IF THEY HAVEN'T PREVIOUSLY SHOWN COMMITMENT TO THE SERIES THIS SEASON.

DRIVERS WHO HAVE A NO QUALIFYING PENALTY HAVE PREVIOUSLY SHOWN COMMITMENT TO THE SERIES THIS SEASON.

EXCLUDED DRIVERS:
Manuel Caratozzolo

RESERVES LIST:
TEAMS:

INDEPENDENTS:

ABSENT:

- Andreas Oehrlich

Teams & Drivers who have not been placed on the immediate list will hold a place on the reserves list. A Team or Driver may move up from the Reserves list if a Team or Driver on the immediate list becomes inactive, is banned, or is unable to participate in an event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had never driven a lap of Poznan last week before jumping into the server for the race, bit more familiar with Hockenheim so hopefully will be a bit quicker!

By the way, me and @Bul Knaters are still noted on the driver list as independants, but are now meant to be in a team :)

weirdly, the chicairpin of doom is causing me less trouble than i expected, and the first corner is causing me more trouble than i expected. :mad:

weirdly, the chicairpin of doom is causing me less trouble than i expected, and the first corner is causing me more trouble than i expected. :mad:

First Corner is always on the edge...would be interesting to know how precise they will control it cause a bit wider line can give you easily 2-3 tenths. What is if someone gets out there in his Q Lap? How often are you able to go over the white line in the Race? Questions after Questions...that's always a problem on that Track.

Last edited:
Edit: Well that was a bit of a disaster. :/ Got stuck at the hospital over an hour longer than expected, and when I finally got home my PC and internet were playing up. Only just managed to join in warmup. Played it safe for race 1, actually gained a bit of pace through the race.

2nd race, I minimised my game during warmup, opened up again and rfactor shut down. Tried rejoining the session but it wouldn't join me as a driver, only next to 'server' etc. Missed race 2 now unfortunately, but is there any way to rejoin as driver for the future? I get "rfactor 2 has stopped working" quite often when I minimise the game.

Last edited:
right first of all sorry to one of the doramon cars i bumped the back of into the chicairpin. don't think it did too much harm but it wasn't on.

my other contacts break down into 2 groups:

1) little side by side rubs that from my perspective caused the other car to bounce off in a slightly inexplicable manner. i don't know if these had elements of netcode to them, but i was able to be in the same position with other cars and no one spun. :(

and 2) cars cutting across in front of me when they haven't cleared me and getting spun out. such as what happened with christian. sorry but i had nowhere to go in that situation.

it seems you have to be aggressive to make passes, but the last thing i want is for someone to think i'm driving dirty.

otherwise, race 1: couldn't get going as fast as i could've.

race 2: got going, but shredded the tires by the time i got closer to stegs.

overall a good result, but given the contacts not really the way i would've wanted it.

right first of all sorry to one of the doramon cars i bumped the back of into the chicairpin. don't think it did too much harm but it wasn't on.

my other contacts break down into 2 groups:

1) little side by side rubs that from my perspective caused the other car to bounce off in a slightly inexplicable manner. i don't know if these had elements of netcode to them, but i was able to be in the same position with other cars and no one spun. :(

and 2) cars cutting across in front of me when they haven't cleared me and getting spun out. such as what happened with christian. sorry but i had nowhere to go in that situation.

it seems you have to be aggressive to make passes, but the last thing i want is for someone to think i'm driving dirty.

otherwise, race 1: couldn't get going as fast as i could've.

race 2: got going, but shredded the tires by the time i got closer to stegs.

overall a good result, but given the contacts not really the way i would've wanted it.

Well Sky, i don't wanna blame you but at the incident with me you forced me into the grass as i were clearly on your inside into Turn 2, so i had nowhere to go. And due to that fact, i had no where to steer as i were on max turn in, and you ignored that i were on your inside - you didn't left enough room for me to survive. Im not happy about that move. For me it looked a bit like you don't wanna give up as it was already over when i was inside of you on the Straight to Turn 2.

Nice fight at the end of Race2 Yuri, little bit unfortune that Teddy tapped me at the last lap where i wanted to make my move on you ;) haha

Last edited:
i don't know, on the replay it looks like you're inside at 2, i'm staying wide on the exit for the left at 3, but you understeer-plough into me and its just random luck that you get bounced across the front of me instead of me getting nudged off into the grass. :(

i don't know, on the replay it looks like you're inside at 2, i'm staying wide on the exit for the left at 3, but you understeer-plough into me and its just random luck that you get bounced across the front of me instead of me getting nudged off into the grass. :(

You braked a bit later as you were on the outside but in the corner you drove right on the white line, where actually my spot should have been in that corner.

/e and no, i didn't understeered into you, i tried to avoid you as you were turning into my line. Look it from my pov and you see what i mean.

Well no further comment from me onto this. It's over anyway.

Last edited:
i've looked at it from onboard your car, and it looks like you dived into a tight gap, drive half on the grass and try to track out across the front of me without clearing my car. sorry, thats what it looks like to me. (i feel like we need a shrug emoticon). thats the last i'll say on that too.

also i have no objections if anyone wants an incident of mine reviewed or something by the organisers (if they do that). as sometimes its hard to be completely objective about things you're involved in.

Last edited:
Well Sky, i don't wanna blame you but at the incident with me you forced me into the grass as i were clearly on your inside into Turn 2, so i had nowhere to go. And due to that fact, i had no where to steer as i were on max turn in, and you ignored that i were on your inside - you didn't left enough room for me to survive. Im not happy about that move. For me it looked a bit like you don't wanna give up as it was already over when i was inside of you on the Straight to Turn 2.

Nice fight at the end of Race2 Yuri, little bit unfortune that Teddy tapped me at the last lap where i wanted to make my move on you ;) haha
Don't worry that corner was covered, and so were the other ones untill the line :D
hardest to defend were T1 and 2, but I luckily got past those :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing