VWSR S4: Round 3 - Hockenheim Short

Sure? ;) in my opinion it was the right hander into the infield after the chicane - there was my best chance cause i could drive a much tighter line if needed ^^
Yeah I know, that's why I parked my car on the inside every time Teddy got a better entry. He got me there at the start of the race wasn't gonna happen again!

Qualy: yay :) :D it went well-ish

Race1: i was struggling a little made a mistake sky got through and then I ended up getting stuck to simon as we made contact. I wasnt so worried and finished with damage and a wheel very off centre.

Race2: awesome start passed a whole heap of people in t2. Then running around the outside of xavier i got bumped by him and was a passenger after that. After i turned around and got back on track my wheel was offset even more than the first race and it was not going to be enjoyable. So i left... Looking forward to mid ohio i guess :redface:

Qualified poorly. Had a very bad flying lap, went out too early and I was over cautious, mindful of the track boundary at turn one. P13
Had a reasonable start in race 1 and due to other incidents found myself up into P10. Lapping very consistant and pulling a 5 or 6 second gap to the following pack, with about a minute and a half to go I was already thinking about P1 in the reverse grid race 2 :) Then I ran out of fuel ffs. I calculated 65 seconds a lap instead of 75. Stupid error and nobody to blame but me. So P20 instead of pole in Race 2. Not had much luck at all with this series, with disconnects, getting shunts etc :(
So onto race 2.... Awesome, Started P20 and racing within centimeters with 3 or 4 drivers from start to finish. 1st off a really hard fought battle with Phil, swapping positions on several occasions, I think I managed my tyres slightly better as I managed to pull a small gap once I passed him for the 2nd time, Simon had bad damage and I could see April trying her hardest to pass him just up the road and eventually caught them and sat off waiting for a moment, managed to squeeze past April on the last lap and almost had Simon too ;) ( I have only ever finished above Simon once in many many races ) His car was so damaged, I got caught off guard going through the fast left hander upto the chicane and so slow, my closing speed nearly ended in a rear end shunt :laugh:. So P20 to P11 finish, more than happy with that and the racing made up for Race 1 calamity.
Mid Ohio is an all time favorite circuit so hopefully I can improve next week.

Unofficial results, the race one is two and two is one, I'm wrong?
My pace was better in this race, but not enough.
I have been able to defend and put pressure on some driver but at this circuit overtaking was not easy.
See you at the next race.

Race2: awesome start passed a whole heap of people in t2. Then running around the outside of xavier i got bumped by him and was a passenger after that. After i turned around and got back on track my wheel was offset even more than the first race and it was not going to be enjoyable. So i left... Looking forward to mid ohio i guess :redface:

Sorry Maskell, that hit wasn't volontary, i finished out too.
It's the race, but maybe next time secure your overtake a little more, you came on me while you had some space on your right ;)

Was a much better race than the one in Poznan. :thumbsup:

In qualy I made a huge mistake braking for the chicane, which costed me many seconds and put me on the back of the grid, which didn't make me that sad. :)

Race 1:
Had a decent start and could gain 2 spots, but going a bit wide in the chicane (again) made me loose those spots again. Overtook a few peeps who were off track and lost a few due to people who were quicker. :D Started 18th and finished 14th.

Race 2:
Had a normal start, and gained 1 spot, overtook April and overtook a few guys who were off track and later lost a few due to the faster guys found the track and speed again. Simon dropped back and he moved over to let me pass. The gap to the drivers behind me grew and also the guys in front were driving away from me. Pretty lonely race, but very consistant. Started 14th finished 9th.

Thanx to RD and the organisation of these series! :thumbsup: Cya all in Mid Ohio, one of my favorite tracks.:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 13.9%