VWSR S2: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
And offcourse the standings.

Well done Jimi! After 5 rounds, you have claimed the nr1 position. Good consistent racing. My compliments for that!

rdwsrs2r5standings.jpg

Thanks for your kind words in the results thread Marco, and for running a great show! Just noticed the results have a slight error and I was awarded points for P2 (not that it matters). Maybe to do with a last lap DNF for someone? Anyway, proper race write up to come, but just a quick thanks to all competitors and Marco & RD for what has been a thoroughly enjoyable league!

First of all, thanks to Racedepartment for this amazing league. Great drivers, thrilling battles and a beautiful last breathless race. Of course, Well done Jimi, a great result for you!
An unexpected brillant race for me, good Q and nice pace, fighting with Stefan and Chris for many laps. I'm happy for my final position in race and in league rank, I can't wait for the next one! Thanks to everyone who participated, and Stefan, greetings for all our battles, see you next time :)

Thanks Marco, but you have Marius us coming first and getting 25 points.
Will look into that. Have the result file saved on my gaming computer, so will check on it when I am there.

It was a joy organizing this for you guys. Seen some amazing racing, and it was most of all a good time. Each event was fun, and I enjoyed the TS sessions with you all :). I hope this can become the standard, and we can welcome more and more drivers on TS, as that brings an extra atmosphere to the race.

Wohoo second in Sebring, quite happy with that. :geek:

Q:
I made two stints and couldn't manage it two improve in the second one. Went out with 7 mins to go with fresh rubber but I made some mistakes. However I was happy with my 3rd place. :)

R:
Start went good, managed to gain one place but Jimmy had a better one.
I made a mistake in the first few laps and Craig overtook me but fortunately I could overtake him again. I thought I could close the gap from now on to Jimmy but man was I wrong!
He was just to fast here. The first 30 mins I thought he would get slower in the second half of the race but man how wrong I was again! He just got faster and faster :confused: and my tires were really gone after the first 30 mins. I kept the gap to Craig behind me and drove the 2nd place home.

Thanks to all involved in the league and thanks to Marco and RD for this great time!
I had some great fun and great racing here!
Hopefully we can start of soon again.

Well done Jimmy, well deserved title!

I would just like to say thanks to Marco for organising the league and everyone who has been involved in this awesome series. I didn't quite get the results I wanted but I will definatly be a part of the next one

Last night was fun, I managed 7th in quali which wasn't too bad. At the start I made a decent start and went left but I was turned around before the first corner. Looking at the replay there was 3 of us running very close and we all touched causing mayhem for everyone behind (sorry) I think it was just a racing incident and its very difficult to point the blame at anyone. Anyway, after that I was basically alone for the whole race, I couldn't catch Stefan infront of me and the gap behind stayed the same. I managed 6th in the end which I was pleased with. I was also quite supprised how well the tyres lasted throughout the whole hour. All in all I enjoyed myself and the track looked beautifull as the sun set.

Once again thanks to all for making it an enjoyable series

jimi i was loking for replay but in realay i am first is list hehehe capule time i was off trak but i went uot in some coners abuot headlihts i wasflasig ant i do not neeed wem so i finisk in great plase 8 it dosit metterr for me just intresting why i got it dq in future i will know thax for info..... soryy me englsh

Last race was my best one, how bad I drove on this track last tuesday, how great I drove tonight. I just love Sebring... I just can't helpit. :D

Almost jump started as I released my clutch when already in 1st gear. I noticed it within a few centimeters and stopped my car. I think Scott jump started due to my mistake.
My start was slow and could avoid the cars which were behind the smoke and ... believe it or not... the "Don't touch me!!!" Stickers worked like a charm! :D
Due to my slow start I lost a position, but due to the "pile up" I gained ...1....position.
I had a gap to Giuseppe and drove slowly to him, but than there was no way to get passed. I think he made a small mistake which made it for me posible to get passed him. I was on my way to Chris to try to get 5th and I was able to get that position, but I made my one and only spin that race and had to let Chris and Giuseppe passed and I had to close a gap again to them and was back in 8th or 9th. I drove sloid laps from that point and was very gentle on the tyres, so I kept the in perfect condition.
When I was on Giuseppe's tail again I had to find a way around him and we were really close. About half way the race he went a little deep in turn 4 which made hime exit it slower than me. So half way the straight into the hairpin I was along side and could outbrake him. I took me many laps to let the gap grow till +/- 3 seconds. The rest of the race I would feel that pressure from him and had to make sure that I wouldn't make any mistakes to loose my posiiton .
There was a point I was even closing the gap to the ones in front, but they would never be in reach....

Congratulations to Jimi which took the championship on a very dominant way! WD Mate!

I had a great time on track and TS all thru the championship. I wanna thank Marco and RD for this great Championship. :thumbsup:
Looking forward to drive with you guys again! :)

Well here is my proper write up for last nights race, and a brief summary of the season for me. Decent turn out in the end considering all the updates, but I guess by the last round the remaining drivers really are the committed ones. Although I must give a shout out to the guys who had connection issues, very unlucky and a sad way to end the season.

Not to to dwell on it too long, but I had a little coming together with a driver during practice. Whether or not you are trying to put together a hot lap, you must always drive to the conditions around you and be observant as to what other drivers are doing, and not drive as if you are hot lapping in single player mode. Anyway, there is no problem; this is not a rant just advice for the future :thumbsup:

Qualifying was disappointing for me, I think the nerves of the showdown got to me a little and I was over 0.8 off my PB. I managed to get P3 behind Miroslav and Anthony who both did a great job.

At the start of the race I had my usual strong get away, but immediately received a fright as Anthony was very slow getting away in front of me. I managed to get out and around him while keeping up enough momentum to challenge Miroslav for the lead into turn 1. I took the lead and gave it everything for the opening couple of laps to pull out a small gap to break the slipstream while Craig and Miroslav disputed P2. Once things settled down I just kept to a steady pace for the first half hour, being gentle with the tyres and just doing enough to keep the gap increasing. At the halfway stage the car felt good so I pushed on for the last half hour and managed to break into the 2:21's for the first time. It was a real pleasure to drive on the limit around the full Sebring circuit, definitely up there with my favourite tracks, and to do it going into dusk was really special, especially with the fireworks and lights around the circuit in the final few laps! It great was a great way to send off the championship, and made the win that little bit more special.

I'm really pleased to finish the championship with another win against tough competition, it's a shame about the pile up at the start, tough break for the guys involved with that especially for Davy as I believe he got caught up in that, unlucky after such a strong, consistent championship campaign.

Overall this has been one of the most enjoyable championships that I've been a part of. The cars a great, as were the circuit choices, and the racing has been top notch. My highlight of the season has to be the battle with Davy in Round 3, the intense last 10 minute fight for the win. Racing in the rain was also a great addition to the championship, as was racing into the sun set, definitely gives an added spice to the racing.

Big thanks to everyone who made it to the end of the season for some great races, but most of all thanks to Marco and RD for putting on a great league and for all the hard work.

Here's to the next one! :)

Not to to dwell on it too long, but I had a little coming together with a driver during practice. Whether or not you are trying to put together a hot lap, you must always drive to the conditions around you and be observant as to what other drivers are doing, and not drive as if you are hot lapping in single player mode. Anyway, there is no problem; this is not a rant just advice for the future :thumbsup:

! :)

Jimi, firstly, congratulations on your championship. I only raced two races in the championship - one i disconnected and the other, i was smashed due to an unfortunate accident between some others at turn 1. However, it was clear you were very fast.

Regarding your comment, I do not take it as a rant. I refrained from mentioning anything from my side as I thought you might thing I was ranting lol

However, I do feel the need to raise a couple of thoughts/questions and if one of the stewards/mods could clarify it would really help me or you for the future to ensure no incidents happen. Practise lap collisions aren't the worst situation as its only practise. On the other hand, they may be quite important.

My problem is this...I didn't have as much time as others to put in laps (think Ian in the marussia race at fuji said he did 500 laps practise!). So with that in mind, the practise session is for me to get used to the track, find the pace. This is the same (as far as I'm aware) in f1 where Hulkenburg was trying out the sauber pace and was frustrated at the 2 mercedes in front of him. the issue was, they weren't hotlap practising but were on his line. personally, i thought they tried to get out of the way but the main point is - if he doesn't practise his hotlaps or race pace in practise, when is he going to practise ? in quali? no, surely not.

In the practise the other night, we both know you are faster but i wasn't racing you. I approached the last corner a couple of seconds ahead (?) and approached the start line ready to test a hotlap. nobody was in front. what happened was, on the 2nd turn (?) you shunted me off overtaking. I don't understand the point in that. If you had wanted to do a hotlap, you could have hung back for 5 more seconds and you would have been able to hotlap yourself. either that, or just wait to overtake me on a clear point of the track e.g the straightway.

if anyone were to suggest i slowed and abandon the lap to let you past first, then i would have had to drive for another 2 1/2 mins to get back around and...what if another jimi alien was behined me by the end of that lap? it could go on forever with me abandoning attempted hotlaps in order to let people past. all the top f1 drivers ensure they leave room before attempting a hotlap. i had space in front. did you? why didn't you leave space or wait until a sensible point?
I got over it but was frustrated as i was spun out and had to then drive around again.

i'm not annoyed but would like solutions or clarification on this. i don't want to hinder people but i think i am entitled to do a hotlap in practise and i had ensured space in front.

Stefan Woudenberg. any ideas?

cheers

Ofcourse every one is allowed to hot lap in every session.
When you on your out lap you have to let others pass, but as soon you start your lap the line is yours, but give a bit space to a quicker driver, so not try blocking him/her. It is giving and taking, but move over every time a quicker guys is behind you? I don't see the point of that.

everyone has the right of way on track when doing a qualifying time, really i have slowed down and abondened some laps because a guy infront is abit slower then me and it would be rude / dangerous of me to barge my way through to finish my laps and maybe ruin both our chances of some practice / qualifying lap.... the thing is, once you start your time for a hotlap you have every right to be on that track and do your lap, don't hinder your lap because some1 behind you is faster.

it's always upto the faster guy to make a sensible clean pass!

this is really clear. I hope this helps everyone thank you :thumbsup:

it was worth asking because this once happened to me on another platform and I felt like the bad guy for trying to practise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%