VWSR S2: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco Bijl

Axe Travels
Ok, a nice poll to see the interest for season 2, and to determine which car's we will be using. We have the following options:

- Renault Megane
- Formula Renault 3.5
- Combination of both (seperate servers)

I have no information that the Clio's will be available soon, so I left them out of the poll. If they are released, we can consider them as well.

What do you guys think?

Time to discuss the options for season 2. Personally, I like the combination of both. If the clios are released in time, they could be in as well, which makes it a 3 class championship.
Another idea I have is to run it into team mode. This means that only teams can sign up. Each team who signs up, needs to have representation in all run classes. Results of both classes are averaged per team, and that determines the standings.

Anyway, I want to know what you guys think :)

Marco,
Do you mean RDWSR S1 :p
being as we've only just finished S0 ;)

So was it really finished ?
No final round, no final standing, no conlusion, no pro and cons, no nothing..... It just died ?

Even though beeing a open wheel fanatic the Megans was the funniest I have driven in a long time, but I will save my vote until motivation is back and I have decided what to do next.

Edit : I'm not a fan of team champs, I have tested that some times and many times you end up being by yourself halfway and by that totally of the final standing. You really need equally motivated drivers to make team championships work.

So was it really finished ?
No final round, no final standing, no conlusion, no pro and cons, no nothing..... It just died ?
No, it wasnt really finished, but yes, it is over if you get what I mean. There will be no next round, or retry for the last round.

The first evaluation is being done now in staff. When that is finished, a summery of that will be posted as evaluation. Offcourse, all standings will be checked, and finalized. We do not let it just die. I do have to admit that I did not expect that drivers where interested that much in the evaluation. If you like, I can open a thread for you guys to make comments in about your experiences during the (short) season.

However, as I have the global feeling the championship itself was succesfull, I wanted to keep the conversation going for the next round. I am curious what the general feeling is in terms of the available cars, and formats. Season 2 is not officially announced yet, and nothing has been decided in terms of format, class or durations. All options are open in that matter.

I understand that you are disapointed about the ending of season 1, or season 0 as it was called before (I renamed it to season 1, cause 0 looks so strange in the merged thread ;)). I merged all threads together because I wanted to open this thread, and we generally do not keep the former season open, when discussing the new one.

not been on for a while. i understood the last league to be a test to see how the beta held up and how much everyone would like a full season with the megans. in my eyes yes and yes, dont see much point introducing a new car into a successful series imo. rain would be a nice addition tho but im not into night racing, i still havent had time to update yet will do it tomorrow and test new cars ie the 3.5 renault. but even so i dont see how mixing cars within a league could work. sorry for any type mistakets im on my andriod tablet.

Will remember that Claes ;) Will see what I can do in that matter, as I also think they improved a lot.

@stuart,
The official series has multiple classes as well. It's just how we set it up. We will NOT be driving the different classes in 1 field, so if you sign up for lets say the meganes, you will drive only those. There will be no other classes around on the server.
It's just the rankings that can be integrated ;)

And remember Stuart, the Clio's are coming as well. They are very promissing also! Always been a pleasure to drive in rf1 as well. Fun class with nice close racing.

So, it's not so strange that I want to know how you all feel, as it can be so freaking awesome if we combine it all. Just have to see how to do it, and when to fit it in the schedules.

I thought it had already been announced (by bram, maybe), that the plans were to run a full race weekend with Formula renault, Megans and Clio's on the same track (at different times obviously) just like it used to be in real life. I also remember the same article mentioning live streaming for the events too, I'm sure I didn't imagine it.

One thing that I would prefer for future leagues is that the track/server is reset at the beginning of official practice giving a "green" track from the start of practice. Part of RF2 is the changeable track conditions. During the test season the servers were never reset before official practice and there was so much rubber on the track that by the time the race came it was like driving on rails. I know a lot might like the idea of a fully rubbered in track, but for me, an evolving track is what happens in the real world and should be the case in a sim. It is also good fun trying to drive on the limit, hoping there is enough grip to push just that little bit more, and as the laps go by the pace gradually getting quicker and quicker. Just an idea ;)

Well Andy, it's just how you look at it.

In real life, there are more classes running in advance of the race (mostly). Also, there are more practice sessions, so in the end, the track is rubbered in as well.
What we did with RDWSR is reset the server each time before the start of the long practice. So a practice runs for 165 minutes total, and thats the time available to put some rubber on the track.

But I understand your point, and will take it in the evaluation. Thanks for the constructive feedback!

16 views and no response on the hard ware title, same post Guys im looking to update my monitor for rfactor2 and general gaming, can you offer any advice please. Im running an Acer Predator G5900, Intel i7 870 quads @ 2.93ghz, 8gb ram with a terra hard drive, with windows 7 64bit. Gtx 470 card

Cheers in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years