rF2 VWSR Clio Cup @ Sebring Club Layout - Friday 17th April 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The last race with only @Tapio Rinneaho and @Christian Michel was epic all three cars were within 1 second for the whole race and sometimes even within 0.1 seconds. I just finished recording the pieces for a highlights video and it is 16min and the race was 21 min long. It was really intense and very good fun. It seems I am a lot better now in the Clion compared to the old version. That season will be fun :)
Only the upload to youtube will take ages :D

Without much practice i made P5 in qualy which was not that bad when looking at the gap.

R1: I had a nice start and gained one position. In the following laps i need the fight against @April Dillon to climb on P3. I the rest of the race i could never build a nice gap to her. In the last laps i started to have some trouble with the tires. But i could manage to keep P3 till the end :thumbsup:

R: Had a good start of the line. But then nearly everything went wrong. I hit the speed limiter. Trying to disable it again i hit the ignition button and as i was going again i was last :(. So the big catch up game had started. I in the first laps i gained some positions because of some crashes and off track moments from others. The i was behind @Stefan Woudenberg and he defended hard but i could make my pass. The next target was @April Dillon but i need to close a gap of 5sec. In the closing laps i was on her tails and we had again a nice fight. She defended well but at the end i could make a move around the outside in the hairpin and ended were i started at P5 :thumbsup:

race 1 went ok, think i melted the tires by half distance. then had a fairly lonely race. not sure where i finished haha. 6th?

race 2 went better, got a pretty good start and drove more smoothly. had a very lonely race and finished 4th, which i'm really happy with.

that left hander before the back straight was a real pain. could only get through it half decently about 1/3 of the time.

had fun, thats the main thing :)

The last race with only @Tapio Rinneaho and @Christian Michel was epic all three cars were within 1 second for the whole race and sometimes even within 0.1 seconds. I just finished recording the pieces for a highlights video and it is 16min and the race was 21 min long. It was really intense and very good fun. It seems I am a lot better now in the Clion compared to the old version. That season will be fun :)
Only the upload to youtube will take ages :D

If the races gonna be like that one...jeeeesus :D

@Sky i think your car was too stiff, you had to fight a lot with understeer, at least it looked like when i were behind you in Race 1 :)

And the default brake bias is crap too, it should be more like 56-44, in that area, helps a bit on the turn in too as the rear of the car comes a bit more around. :)

Indeed! The car is a little animal. :D

C-Lion.
Dancing-Sea-lion.jpg

Amazing races yesterday. Just fantastic. These little beast are made for close racing like that :p

Q: I was second fastest behind @Teddy Buch by 0,087 seconds.

R1: I got a decent start, could have challenged for the lead with a bit more aggressiveness. Teddy got a gap of around 1-1,5 seconds in the first few laps but when I got to the rhythm I started to close him down. Behind me people were losing time gradually so it was me and Teddy to fight for the win.
I followed him for around half the race when the chance came and I made the pass. Rest of the race was quite difficult as I had got used to using Teddy's brake lights as braking markers :D It wasn't easy win though because he made me push right until the finish line.

R2: Race 2 started out similarly but this time @Christian Michel was on my tails in P3. The racing was comparable to Freddy's video above - tight, fair and fantastic. Then there was that moment when everyone disappeared for a moment just when I was overtaking Teddy for the lead. Me and Christian kept racing but Teddy had lost about 5 seconds when other cars reappeared. After I got the lead it was just all about defending the lead. I managed it and took the win again. :thumbsup:

R3: This was me against Germany :D I think there were four Germans with me on the track. I started on P3 behind @Frederic Schornstein and @Christian Michel . Going into turn 1 someone tapped my right rear but it didn't cost me much time. The other driver however spun :(
I lost some ground to Freddy and Christian and a few laps later when I was catching them they made contact in the straight leading to the last hairpin sending Christian to the wall. He retired. I then tried my best to get past Freddy bu a couple of mistakes in the closing laps meant I could "only" finish in second.

R4: There were only me, Freddy and Christian left. Video above. Makes me shiver to watch that race, great class from all of us :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the season opener next week. Like I said before, I'm sad I can't watch the races live because they will be awesome :D

Big thanks to everyone involved yesterday!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back