Resource icon

Cars VW Scirocco Cup version 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
hummer444 submitted a new resource:

VW Scirocco Cup - VW Scirocco Cup for Automobilista

Hi all,

VW Scirocco Cup for Automobilista.

- Mod is inspired by the Volkswagen Scirocco Cup, which was held in Germany and several other countries since 2010.

- Only the steering wheel and seat position were variable; otherwise, only the front stabiliser and the air pressure in the tyres could be adjusted.

- Push to pass.
The innovative push-to-pass system made things even more exciting. At the touch of a button located on the steering wheel, the drivers were able to use this system to...

Read more about this resource...

Incredible quality as always! Thx hummer.
Ps: would u considering helping or offering help updating some of the existing mods?

Incredible quality as always! Thx hummer.
Ps: would u considering helping or offering help updating some of the existing mods?
THX:thumbsup:
I'm doing some work for another modding group now, so at this moment i don't have the time to update some other mods.
If i have time available again, i can offer help or updating a mod completely...but only on the graphics. And if the original author of a mod gives his permission, of course.
Send me a PM with a list of cars that you want to get updated.
Cheers

Could someone send me a screenshot of the cockpit view? just curious.

20170327181531_1.jpg

Takes the LCD from the Metalmoro, and looks pretty fitting to be honest with the rest feeling similar to the Lancer R as a street car turned racer.

Wow, pretty much perfect right out of the box--very impressive!

One question: should the h-pattern shifter be there in cockpit view when it is using the 6-speed DSG? I believe it should have the normal "automatic-style" shifter as in this pic:

Cockpit-VW-Scirocco-R-Cup-729x486-695c3d9979bb870d.jpg

Assuming this DSG is the same as those used on the road cars and other racing series (like the Jetta), the transmission programming in AMS should be altered so you do not have to use the clutch to start moving in 1st gear. I have no idea whether this is a simple change, but in effect, auto-clutch should be mandatory and activated for the launch of the car. I am not sure, but I do not think it is the same programming that works for all the other gear changes up and down (it might be)? It's OK to not have full automatic operation as anyone using this on a track would shift manually with the paddles.

Two comments:

1) the AI is a wee bit slow (compared to Reiza standard at 100%). Feel fee to uptick a bit :)

2) Just FYI, I found a Realfeel setting of 4400 to 4500 be perfect on my CSW wheel.

This is a must-have mod as far as I am concerned. You are very talented at pulling together the whole package in nicely finished form.

To be clear, I have very little care about the cockpit graphics being accurate compared to the proper transmission programming. And even that is not as important as the excellent and plausible physics, graphics and sounds that you have already nailed so well.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems with that photo that taking the Copa Montana/kart LCD would've been a better fit that the Metalmoro, but at that point we're splitting hairs.

I have a more basic question that affects several mods. Do the AI know how and when to use the push-to-pass system in an optimal manner? I don't know if that's even part of the existing programming. At least with DRS, there are specific zones on the track.

It's obviously not very fair if the user can use boost, but the AI cannot. (And they are often too slow already).

Last edited:
Thank you all for the positive and constructive reactions on the mod, much appreciated:thumbsup:

For the interior: will see if i can replace the H-pattern shifter for an automatic style shifter.

For the automatic clutch to start moving in first gear: don't know if this is possible..will find out. I know it's easy to make it full automatic , but then its for all the gears. And indeed, that's not how it works in the real life Scirocco Cup.

AI: it's an easy fix to make them faster but that will probably have as result that they will bounce on the sawtooth curbs again. Before releasing this mod i tested it numerous times. But i will review this too.(tick per passes)

RealFeel: I have 2 Logitech "oldies" to test with, a DFGT and a G25. There will always be a difference in all kind of wheels on the RealFeel values. And of course there is a personal taste for certain settings. Just find out what value suits you the best.

LCD from Montana/kart...good tip... and easy to replace/implement.

AI boost: no, they don't use the boost in a race..it's not written into the code of the GMotor2 engine:( the times a boost can be used/ duration of the boost/interval between boosts...it's all hardcoded in AMS, so i can't change/adjust it. Also, you can use the boost at racestart immediately..when you are planning to do an online event with this car you have to ask people to not use the boost at racestart;)

Okay, will see for an update on the mod next month:cool:

I think Reiza just did some changes that relate to the cars bouncing on the curbs. You might want to check that out! So all the things you can control are superlative and we'll have to wait for some improvements or ability to mod from Reiza to address the other issues. I am sure they will get around to it at some point.

I think Reiza just did some changes that relate to the cars bouncing on the curbs. You might want to check that out! So all the things you can control are superlative and we'll have to wait for some improvements or ability to mod from Reiza to address the other issues. I am sure they will get around to it at some point.

Yes, and that's exactly what i did last week when testing the mod;)
Reiza adjusted the following values in the HDV-file:

AIAimSpeedsPerWP=(30,50,70,90,110,130,150,170)
// speeds at which to look ahead X waypoints (spaced roughly 5 meters apart)
AISlipReaction=(500,20)
// prediction factor for front wheel grip loss (higher numbers increase sensitivity), how quickly AI increase throttle after grip loss has occurred (higher numbers reduce "coasting")
AICornerReductionBase=80
// (pointspeed/this number)= % deceleration we can expect through a point
AIMinPassesPerTick=5
// minimum passes per tick (can use more accurate spring/damper/torque values, but takes more CPU)

Reiza has reduced the AIMinPassesPerTick from 25 to values 3-10.
Setting it high will give more 'accurate' physics for AI, but will use more CPU. Bearing in mind the AI physics are dumbed down anyway, because of CPU load. From the description it would seem the physics are calculated in passes, and this allows you to set the number of passes used in each 'tick', or update, whatever rate that happens to be.

In the update next month I will adjust these values to get the AI faster, but with preventing them bouncing on the kerbs again.

Been playing it a few races now. Really cannot understate how much of a good job you did on this. I really appreciate and am in awe of the effort. Well done and a toast to you. Thanks!

Good mod!
The gear ratios, a bit too short, though? I know it supposed to be fixed, but...
In a slighty longer straight, 6th gear hit the limiter quite soon.
Not sure how realistic is that, or if this car is used in fast tracks.
This way I cant race them at Monza or Spa. :)

EDIT: I bit more testing, is its ok on those tracks I´ve said. For use the push to pass is another problem, though. The 6th gear reach its limit indeed.

Last edited:
Anyone got tips on not cooking the front tyres to red constantly? Drive slower of course and try to be a bit more smooth, but perhaps a setup option that would help. Have run Goiana and Velopark so far.

@hummer444: Incredible work! Fantastic mod!
I tested it a couple of days ago (old AMS build) and I have to say it is so much fun. Thnak you very much for your and your team's hard work!

However, I have an issue with the FFB since the last update (1.3.5r). FFB feels ultra strong and pulls to one side. (I also had that issue months ago with vanilla content; but an integrity check solved the problem.)

Unfortunately, I couldn't solve the problem, although I did an integrity check, reinstalled your mod and restored the Realfeel.ini. I took these actions several times in different order and with leaving one or two oprions out - to be sure I did all I could.
Edit: I forgot to mention that I also tried to decrease FFB strength and/or invert FFB but it doesn't feel right either. (FFB is a bit better when inverted but, thus, it feels just wrong when turning in slowly.)
Sorry for my poor english.

Does anybody else have the same issue(s)?
Any suggestions?
I'd be more than happy because I really like this wonderful mod.

Further edit: Only VW Scirocco is concerned. I tested some of the vanilla cars and they work/feel as usual.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back