VW Lupo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
I finally found a car which is slower then the Mini Cooper in GTR Evo: The VW Lupo, haha love it. Cruising down Lienz City Lane as we speak. Can't wait for the Bathurst race to start in the racing club. Will take 10 minute to drive down the long straight there :peace:

• Andrew Evans

is my force feedback normal on these cars? i can get used to it after a lap or two - but it might as well not be there... the only time you can feel it is when you've gone way past the point of no return... normal racing line around a circuit doesn't feel much like anything.... actually, it does, it feels like air! :D

The FFB is stronger with Real Feel off.

Anyone want to pass on driving and setup tips, 'cos I'm damned if I can get the cars to stick to the road :(

these things are "fun" to drive
GRAB_009.jpg
GRAB_016.jpg
GRAB_020.jpg

Anyone want to pass on driving and setup tips, 'cos I'm damned if I can get the cars to stick to the road :(
You can only adjust reverse gear, steering lock and tyre pressures, mate.

Biggest tip I've got is avoid the kerbs. Thems is lethal with the Lupos :thumb:

The hardest corner for me on Bathurst is the last left hander coming down the mountain (the one with all the Falken sponsorship).

Keep losing my backside there (on so many levels). :D

I've brought the tyre pressures right down, to try and get some more heat in them. More heat=more grip. I've been aiming for about 80-90 degrees. I did a test run yesterday for about 30 laps, and the cars do start to become a little more predictable after a while :)

The hardest corner for me on Bathurst is the last left hander coming down the mountain (the one with all the Falken sponsorship).

Keep losing my backside there (on so many levels). :D

Worst place for me at the moment is the corner just before that - the right-hander downhill - the back-end steps out there so often, most of the time I don't even realise until I'm pointing the opposite way! :D

my best time = 1.44:5 ish

AI on 95% 1.38:5 ish, so 6 seconds gone missing :( Probably more with the aliens in RD :p

I'm sure I must be losing it through the mountain section, especially the esses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years