Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo

slrevo.jpg

Milestone has announced the new release date for their upcoming rally title.

Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo will be out on the 29th of January and the developers have published a new trailer for the announcement.

Click here to watch the release date trailer on our RaceTube!

The trailer actually does a decent job of showing some elements of gameplay. You can spot some 90's rally cars like the Celica GT Four and Subaru Impreza, as well as older machinery like the Lancia Stratos and Delta. There is also what appears to be a Renault Alpine, but I might be wrong.

Curiously enough there's no trace of the more modern WRC cars in this latest video, so I guess Milestone are going for the retro rally vibe here. The game had been delayed prior to this announcement, from the last months of 2015 to "early 2016".

Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo will be available on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

What do you think of the latest trailer? Do you think Milestone can compete with the other rally games? Sound off in the comments!

Last edited by a moderator:
"and WRC 5"? Well, it certainly can't compete with DR. At least, based on what can be observed in the trailer... On the other hand, it's really hard to see the point of comparing two titles with seemingly non-existent physics on this site (meaning WRC 5 and SLRE, of course).

Last edited:
Dirt Rally threw all other current rallying games into a spin , when it came out of no were.
The amounts of bad feedback on WRC 5 show that to be a none starter & I think they as a developer will be pushed to be making WRC 6 unless people see some major Patches taking place.

If its was all down to selling a game via Name the Loeb rallying would properly sell very well , but add Milestone into that mix & its goes flying off the road at the first curve.

Milestone had their chance to develop a new standard for the Rally games over 4 seasons.
They may have improved over the first one but they never made one major step at any point.

Unless Leob as had some major input into this game then its will be nothing more than what came before .

I would be shocked if it turned out to be another Richard burns type game .
Most drivers only really give there names to games as a means to make money , RBR was about the only racing game I can think of where the driver in name did make some input into the end product .

DR as its flaws & its still a long way off been a proper simulation , but its is the best Rallying game in years so far.

SLRE we await & I think most think it will be bad so no one as much hope for this game.
So maybe we will have a shock.

DR as its flaws & its still a long way off been a proper simulation , but its is the best Rallying game in years so far.
The guy behind DR appears to be an amateur rallyist and a rally enthusiast in general. And it shows. Caught me off-guard, really. After all the previous "Dirt" stuff one would naturally start thinking they didn't call it that for nothing. With DR, however, the name is misleading. And that's a good thing :) Recently I started to notice that new updates to this title are much more anticipated by me than for any other sim.

As for RBR, I'd say that physically it's a bit overrated. The latest developments of the Next Generation Physics plugin, however, brought it somewhere close to the top of the simulation genre. Maybe just on top of it, even. The graphics is simply timeless. Not sure how they pulled it off (and it's not even DX9, I think?), but it still looks neat after all these years. Heck, it even had exhaust gas rendering back then! Beats the ever-greenish DX11 pioneer AC for me hands down.
If it wasn't for the horrendous files organisation, equally horrendous sounds and the third party FOV adjustment application (still, immeasurable appreciation to the person who wrote it), RBR combined with NGP would be The sim for me to turn to all the time. Dealing with the downsides can be really exhausting, though. It would be really great of DR to finally pick up the baton (and probably change the name while at it?)

There's also that gRally currently in beta. If anybody has even a slightest bit of info on it, that'd be great to hear. I certainly hope it's something more than an rF1 Rally World standalone which it appears to be at least visually...

slevo.jpg

Milestone Studios have been very busy these last few weeks showing off a number of preview images for their upcoming new rally title, Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo.

With several tasty images of an array of iconic machinery from several decades of rally history, the new title looks to have a strong base of content for its release next year. Furthermore Milestone have also released some images showing off previews of the admittedly quite snappy UI and damage repair screens.

Initially expected to hit the shelves in October 2015, Milestone have pushed back release into 2016 to allow further development time to ensure the game can match up to its main rivals in the rally genre, namely Codemasters DiRT Rally and the latest release from the WRC franchise, WRC 5.

Upon release Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo will be available for PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles.

Menu 1.jpg Menu 2.jpg Repair.jpg Setup.jpg Setup 2.jpg Clio Williams.jpg Celica 1.jpg Celica 3.jpg Delta.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Until Milestone starts showing me gameplay vids before release, I will not even think about this title. Also, they have notoriously crappy post-launch support for their titles. For my business, they need to show me they've changed by showing gameplay videos now and some kind of support roadmap for the future.

It will be same old milestone :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
You guys need to take a look at codemasters Dirt Rally really
You are just pushing the same game as wrc
Come on get it sorted codemasters are at the top now for Dirt Rally:thumbsup:
Why because they took what people wanted in a game !!!!!
And gave us what we wanted 10 out of 10:thumbsup:

A couple of pretty cool preview vids have been posted up about SLRE.

Here's part 1:

and part 2:

Looks like a part 3 is on its way too.

Definitely looking like an improvement over WRC1/2/3/4. Two notable things I took away from the interview in part 2 were the 300km of stages are all based on real-stages (and some look like decent ~10km stages). Secondly, the physics are more on the simulation side than simcade, although of course they always say that, the way the interviewee went into depth on it kind of makes me more inclined to believe him.

Oh yeah, and the pacenotes sound a lot better (though still not Dirt Rally quality, but better than WRC 5 at least.)

I still ain't pre-ordering, but this is definitely looking way better than I expected.

I am not really buying VVV-stuff these days though, and I was in Italy on the Assetto Corsa launch, so these media-thingys...

Looks better than it was, but I'm really not convinced.

Oh yeah, I'm very reticent to trust VVV's stuff after he praised the earlier WRC games FFB in his previews... those games barely even had FFB. Still, I'm hopeful this title will be all right, as you said it's looking better than it was.

I would really like to see the on-board made by someone who has idea how to drive the rally cars.
After the Irvin's comment about the physics I will definitely pre-order.

I also wanted to mention that Sweet Lamb stage looks much better in DirtRally than in SLR Evo ( Part II 3:09s ) but it will not matter much if the physics will be better.

Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Demo.jpg

In somewhat of a blast from the early 1990's, Milestone Studios have released something that's so rare people born after 1999 wont know what it means... a demo of an upcoming game!

Weighing in at a hefty 4.4gb, the new demo contains 3 cars in the form of the venerable Mini Cooper S for the early 1970's, Peugeot R5 and the all conquering VW Polo from more modern times.

Players of the demo will be able to sample these awesome cars amidst the snow and ice of Rally Monte Carlo, namely the Sisteron stage. Running in close proximity to barriers and harsh rock faces the Rally Monte Carlo is the usual scene of the opening round of the WRC calendar and offers players a handy opportunity to test the same car / stage combination in comparison to genre leading DiRT Rally from Codemasters.

Those who choose to download the demo for Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO will be treated to 2 separate game modes, Single Stage and Playground Time Attack and Challenge Time Attack – a technical location where the player can test the reactions of the car on different surfaces like asphalt and dirt road.

Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Celica.jpg

Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Lancia Delta.jpg

As well as the new demo, Milestone have also released a batch of new preview images as can be seen throughout this article alongside a tasty preview video trailer for the PC version of the game, which can be viewed below:

Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO is due for release on Windows PC, PS4, XBOX ONE on January 29, 2016.

Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Audi.jpg Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO kia.jpg Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Lancia Delta 2.jpg Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Lancia Delta.jpg Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Renault 5.jpg Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Suzuki Swift.jpg

Tried the demo? How's it rate? Lets have a discussion! Leave your comments below.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back