Resource icon

Cars VSM IndyCar 2020 Physics/Sounds Overhaul 12.0 - Definitive (?) Edition

Login or Register an account to download this content
Damn, it worked almost like magic! What did you do? Was it setup related or physics tweaking? Also if you have the need i can test things for you, maybe add me on Discord

Hi there, I found something about repair, when you crash and you lost Front wing and Nose Cone... you can go and repair but, they put de Front Wing again, but they doesn't put de Nose Cone, so it leaves the hole there... maybe you can check it?

Attachments

• indy.jpg
    indy.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 73
Buzzardo updated VSM IndyCar 2020 Physics/Sounds Overhaul with a new update entry:

10.1 - Because nothing's perfect

So, here we are back again. I wasn't too happy with how things worked out and i wasn't having quite the time to manage the mod as i wanted, but finally here we are. Got some breakthroughs while league racing, and decided to change quite a few things on the mod. So let's get into it:

- Revised tyre model and values for all kits, so they don't feel as glued as before (this is quite apparent on ovals);
- Adjusted chassis configurations, now the car is less draggier and have more of a sense of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Buzzardo updated VSM IndyCar 2020 Physics/Sounds Overhaul with a new update entry:

Well, seems like there was still room of improvement, so let's take a walk:

- Updated suspension parameters on all kits, which goes from spring rates to brake pressure;
- Adjusted tyre model (yet again) in order to have a more cautious approach to reacceleration;
- Updated standard setups accordingly;
- Further description updates for the upgrade tab.

11.0 - the Definitive Ultra-Master-Blaster Edition

Hey! Not too long ago i have been messing around with it, but apparently i finally hit the expected results all around. So, it goes as follows:

- Updated tyre model (yet again, borrowed some stats from EEC's GT3 mod for reference), now stuff such as width and length are properly placed;
- Adjusted engine parameters, now the engine actually heats up and cools down properly;
- Reduced oval kits downforce for a slightly more "arm-heavy" style rather than being a relatively easy mod to drive in...

12.0 - Definitive (?) Edition

Hey, hey, hey! Seems finally i got the physics going well for the time being, but i still didn't figure out how to properly make the cars not bump-proof. Anyways, here goes:

- Changed tyre behavior, to something inbetween OSR's own mod and CART Extreme;
- Updated downforce and drag levels closer to CART's Reynard (used it as a reference point considering its shape);
- Considerably revised aero packages, especially in Short Oval configuration;
- Adjusted setups accordingly.

Again, the only...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%